Challenge: most right-wing US possible after 2000
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:54:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Challenge: most right-wing US possible after 2000
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Challenge: most right-wing US possible after 2000  (Read 893 times)
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 06, 2021, 02:45:23 PM »
« edited: August 06, 2021, 02:56:20 PM by Anaphoric-Statism »

The counterpart to my "most left-wing US possible" thread, which you should definitely check out. To clarify, when I say right-wing, the positions I mean are opposition to immigration, support for a strong military, unilateralism, opposition to international institutions or alliances that the US doesn't control, little to no social programs, and advocacy for a hierarchical society on the basis of natural law and tradition. Go for the most extreme but plausible scenario possible, whether the most likely in your opinion is just more economic deregulation with patriotism, elitism, and law and order more enshrined or the rise of a straightforward aristocracy and established religion.

Personally, I think a bigger 9/11 is a strong point of divergence, but that's just a suggestion.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 02:58:31 PM »
« Edited: August 06, 2021, 03:04:02 PM by darklordoftech »

Afghanistan becoming a peaceful democracy upon the fall of the Taliban, Saddam Hussein really having WMDs and having been behind Al-Qaeda, Iraq becoming a peaceful democracy upon the fall of Hussein, and the 2008 recession not happening come to mind.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 09:06:16 PM »

Afghanistan becoming a peaceful democracy upon the fall of the Taliban, Saddam Hussein really having WMDs and having been behind Al-Qaeda, Iraq becoming a peaceful democracy upon the fall of Hussein, and the 2008 recession not happening come to mind.
That is all about as realistic as having Canada be the First Nation to land on Mars.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2021, 06:58:09 AM »

COVID doesn’t occur and Elizabeth Warren gets the Democratic nomination over Joe Biden and runs the worst Presidential campaign in US history, which allows Donald Trump to win reelection by a 400-138 margin in the Electoral College and a 60-38 margin in the popular vote.
TheElectoralBoobyPrize

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2021, 01:51:59 PM »

Honestly, I think it's either Kerry winning 2004 or Hillary winning 2016 with the corresponding crises (recession and COVID) still happening.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2021, 03:51:20 PM »

Honestly, I think it's either Kerry winning 2004 or Hillary winning 2016 with the corresponding crises (recession and COVID) still happening.
Hillary winning in 2016 could lead to filibuster proof majorities in the Senate.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2021, 01:52:21 PM »

I think Kerry winning in 2004 causes a very right wing US to happen more naturally, while with Clinton winning in 2016, it happens largely due to gerrymandering and voter surppression.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies