How differently would the election have gone if the anti-Trump electorate had consolidated?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:07:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Dereich)
  How differently would the election have gone if the anti-Trump electorate had consolidated?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How differently would the election have gone if the anti-Trump electorate had consolidated?  (Read 640 times)
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 06, 2021, 01:35:00 PM »

So all the anti-Trump GOP voters all votes for one candidate in the primaries.
perpetual_cynic
erwint.2021
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 06:48:51 PM »

Trump would most certainly not be the nominee if Kasich and Cruz dropped early, and Rubio had a better debate performance. Lots of voters would choose Rubio over Trump because he was seen as conservative, not as liberal as Kasich, but he was seen by centrist GOP's as more moderate than Cruz. A compromise candidate. Rubio probably would have defeated Clinton quite easily, I think. Miami-Dade would have done a '20 rightward shift in '16 and Rubio would win Florida by Trump '20 margins. He also would have not lost so many suburban and urban voters that Trump did. I could see Rubio doing an '08-type margin over Clinton.
TheElectoralBoobyPrize

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2021, 10:53:53 PM »

I'm not sure they would've. There's a lot of Cruz voters who had Trump as their second choice.

The anti-Trump GOP's best chance at stopping Trump was forcing a Trump vs. Cruz race. I say that even as a Rubio voter.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies