Position on Healthcare (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:56:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Position on Healthcare (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What's your position on healthcare?
Privatized is best. Repeal Obamacare.
It's perfect just the way it is. Keep Obamacare. No need to change anything.
Have the government insure everyone; a single payer system. There will still be a healthcare industry but no isurance industry.
Socialize medicine! Decent healthcare is a human right, and the healthcare and insurance industry is too greedy.
I am selecting this option because I am curious to see the results of this poll, and there is no way to do so without selecting an option.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Position on Healthcare  (Read 4585 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 18, 2021, 04:22:37 PM »

My ideal system would combine Medicaid with universal catastrophic coverage through something like Medicare.

One of my big points of disagreement with the thrust of not just Democratic-aligned public opinion on this subject, but American public opinion in general, is that middle income people should be paying for most of their health care out-of-pocket. The aim of health care reform should be to construct a health care system in which those expenses are not outrageously high for the typical family.

Unfortunately, I don't think that the "health care system" can be reformed in the United States. It's going to take a catastrophe or the emergence of an alternative to undermine its grip on this country.

For whatever reason, the current US system is highly stable.  Obamacare passed and survived court challenges by the skin of its teeth.  Pretty much every other presidential administration since LBJ has had a reform proposal go nowhere.  It's also remarkable that COVID didn't make health care a major election issue.   

America's health care system needs to be revamped, period.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies