THE REAGAN REVOLUTION & THE ELECTION OF 1988, 2.0
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:27:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  THE REAGAN REVOLUTION & THE ELECTION OF 1988, 2.0
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: THE REAGAN REVOLUTION & THE ELECTION OF 1988, 2.0  (Read 601 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 04, 2021, 01:48:48 PM »
« edited: August 04, 2021, 06:19:38 PM by CentristRepublican »

(A revival of a game created a few years ago.)

THE REAGAN REVOLUTION

It's 1987. Last year, the Democrats miraculously lost a handful of seats in the midterms, making Reagan the first president since James Monroe to gain seats in Congress during the midterm elections of his second term. People are expecting candidates to start pouring into the field. For the GOP, the goal is to keep the White House and continue President Reagan’s policies - more defense spending, less taxes on the rich, more taxes on the poor, attacking welfare, and continuing a failed War on Drugs. The president holds a solid 59% approval rating. The Democrat want to reclaim the White House after eight years of shame, though it appears the GOP are the heavy favourite to keep the White House.

GAMEPLAY:
#1.) Choose a candidate - anyone is fine. First, make sure the candidate is approved by me. Once they have been approved, in a post, write the name of the candidate you selected, as well as a speech announcing their candidacy.
#2.) The game begins 36-48 hours after their are at least 2 Democratic candidates and at least 2 Republican candidates in the running. I will then write a post with a list of all the candidates who will be running. Then, the game will begin.
#3.) Each candidate will sequentially get a turn. They will have 18 hours to do their turn, during which they can hold a campaign rally (counts as their full turn), release a newsletter/press statement (counts as half a turn), run an ad (counts as half a turn) or host a fundraiser (counts as their full turn).
 Press statements or newsletters are FREE. Rallies cost 1,200 points (you should also state in which county you are holding your rally). 30-second-ads cost 750 points. One minute ads cost 1,200 points. Fundraisers cost 1,200 points to organize. You can raise anywhere from 800 to 3,500 points during a fundraiser, depending on the success of the fundraiser (after the fundraiser, I'll let you know in a separate post how many points you were able to raise). You must state exactly what you'll be saying in rallies/fundraisers/statements, and what will be shown in ads.
 You start off with 9,000 points apiece. If you have less than 500 points at any time, then you will be eliminated from the game, because you'll be out of money.
 Right before each primary will be a debate, and it's each candidate's choice whether or not to attend. Attending debates is FREE. I'll be the moderator in the debate, and each candidate will have up to 12 hours to make a statement on a subject or reply to someone. (Preferably, do so in less time - the reason there are 12 hours are to account for any time differences.)
 In each turn, separate to any money made in fundraisers, candidates will earn anywhere from 400 to 600 points in donations, depending on the quality of their campaigns. At the end of each turn, I will post both how many points each candidate has remaining, as well as how they're doing in the latest poll.
 After every 4 rounds (debates count as rounds), a primary or caucus will be held. The winner of the primary or caucus will win a bonus 3,000 points, and the runner-up will win a bonus 500 points. After each primary or caucus, every candidate will have an opportunity to give a speech. (Victory speech? Concession speech? That depends.)
After each caucus/primary, there will be a one-day break before the game resumes.
After a few primaries I will explain what happens on Super Tuesday.
After the conclusion of the primaries, when the general election candidates have been determined, I will post the rules of the general election. For now, have fun and do your best to win your party's nomination!
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 01:51:13 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2021, 11:41:26 PM by CentristRepublican »

Clinton/Kaine/Northam/Biden/Warner voter for Youngkin will be Governor Michael Dukakis (D-MA) in the Democratic primaries.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 02:07:27 PM »

If anyone else is interested in playing they should private message me with the candidate they want, and I'll let them know  if the candidate is approved. (If your candidate is approved you should write a speech announcing your candidacy in a reply to this post.)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 11:39:47 PM »

NotTyler will be Representative Pat Schroder (D-CO) in the Democratic primaries.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 11:46:44 PM »

Someone should consider being Gov. Mario Cuomo (D-NY) in the Democratic primaries, because they'd be the heavy favourite to win.
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2021, 11:29:41 AM »

PAT FOR AMERICA

In a rally today in Denver, Congresswoman Pat Schroeder announced a 1988 presidential campaign. Here’s an excerpt from her speech

So. Once again, I thank you all for coming here today, it’s truly an honor how many people showed up. And I guess you all have probably figured it out from the rest of the speech. I’m running for president! Yes!
*crowd cheers*
Thank you! Thank you! My fellow Americans, right now, America needs change. America needs a new direction. We have Reaganomics which has been disastrous, while the president is ignoring the needs of the common people. I will fight form day one, for higher minimum wage, more civil rights, and better healthcare, at least pave the way for universal healthcare. I will stand by the worker’s unions that are being ignored. This campaign isn’t about one of us, it’s all of us. *points* You. You. All of you. You’re what makes this campaign special. You may be asking… can we bring change? Hope? Yes we can. And yes we will! Thank you america!

Thunderous applause from her decent sized crowd
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2021, 12:18:52 PM »

Someone should consider being Gov. Mario Cuomo (D-NY) in the Democratic primaries, because they'd be the heavy favourite to win.

GoTfan will be Governor Mario Cuomo (D-NY) in the Democratic primaries.
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2021, 02:53:16 PM »

Senator Gary Hart endorses Congresswoman Pat Schroeder
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2021, 01:57:35 PM »

Only one person has joined the game so far (NotTyler as Pat Schroeder). Three more people need to join (2 more Republicans and 1 more Democrat) before the game can begin.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2021, 01:58:54 PM »

If GotFan and Clinton/Kaine/Northam/Biden/Warner voter for Youngkin don't join the game within the next 36 hours anyone can be Mario Cuomo or Michael Dukakis. Until then, we still need a few more Republicans to join (so far there are none).
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2021, 09:17:10 PM »

REAL Kimberly Guilfoyle will be Vice-President George HW Bush (R-TX) in the GOP primaries.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2021, 09:53:04 PM »

Thank you! Thank you!

My fellow Americans, I am today declaring my intention to run for the Republican nomination for President this upcoming election.

We have come so far in the last eight years, whether that be cutting taxes or reasserting America's dominance on the world stage, we have indeed made progress towards the heights of tomorrow.

But we have so far to go. America needs a trusted and steady voice to set up our advance into the new millennium, and I want to be that voice.

Thank you and God Bless America.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2021, 11:38:17 PM »

Since it's been 36 hours, anyone who wants can be Mike Dukakis in the Democratic Primary. (We can wait for GoTfan for a few more days: he said he can't join the game right now - but might join in the next few days.)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2021, 01:38:17 AM »

Since it's been 36 hours, anyone who wants can be Mike Dukakis in the Democratic Primary. (We can wait for GoTfan for a few more days: he said he can't join the game right now - but might join in the next few days.)

I'm in
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2021, 12:35:46 PM »

I'm in

Okay, great. Write your announcement speech (and then post it on this thread).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies