Atlas Chess Tournament '21 (Final Scores)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:01:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Atlas Chess Tournament '21 (Final Scores)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12
Author Topic: Atlas Chess Tournament '21 (Final Scores)  (Read 9631 times)
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: September 06, 2021, 03:01:36 PM »

Yep. I lost. Good game muon.

Honestly not even sure what went wrong but I went from ok to being pinned to all hell so…
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #101 on: September 06, 2021, 03:04:46 PM »

Thanks to OBD for playing a good game. I was able to box in the queen and OBD resigned shortly after being forced to trade it for a rook and then give up a knight.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #102 on: September 06, 2021, 03:10:14 PM »

Honestly not even sure what went wrong but I went from ok to being pinned to all hell so…

I think you needed to get rid of my bishop on the light squares before castling long. That bishop made my rook on the c-file especially powerful by cutting off the king's escape.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #103 on: September 06, 2021, 03:14:19 PM »

I think you needed to get rid of my bishop on the light squares before castling long. That bishop made my rook on the c-file especially powerful by cutting off the king's escape.
Yeah I was trying too hard to unpin my king, solving that problem only to walk into a discovered check. Also had issues dealing with how to get my pawn to e4 - kinda overthought that in retrospect.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #104 on: September 06, 2021, 03:15:39 PM »

ROUND 2! diptheriadian has been left out per his request, and so morgieb will be getting a bye unless someone else jumps in.

White vs. Black
AGA - Scott
bore - NewYorkExpress
Ebowed - minionofmidas
OBD - muon2
oakvale - YPestis25
Old School Republican - HockeyDude
Mimoha - Ishan
TimTurner - Abdullah
morgieb gets a bye

Interested in taking the open slot if it's still available...

I believe I already have an account, although not sure if I need to pony up a few $$$ for my chess.com account.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #105 on: September 06, 2021, 04:25:21 PM »

ROUND 2! diptheriadian has been left out per his request, and so morgieb will be getting a bye unless someone else jumps in.

White vs. Black
AGA - Scott
bore - NewYorkExpress
Ebowed - minionofmidas
OBD - muon2
oakvale - YPestis25
Old School Republican - HockeyDude
Mimoha - Ishan
TimTurner - Abdullah
morgieb gets a bye

I believe I already have an account, although not sure if I need to pony up a few $$$ for my chess.com account.

Your free account appears to be active as NOVA_GREEN_2008. morgieb was white in round 1 and should play black against a new entry in this round, which would presumably be you. I'll let Scott be the final judge.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #106 on: September 06, 2021, 05:05:44 PM »

I'm pretty much deferring judgment for this Swiss-style tournament to muon. NOVA Green can play as black against morgieb.

You don't need money for a basic account. But as an FYI, lichess allows for unlimited puzzles daily. (I haven't used it enough to see if there's post-game analysis though, which is what I like most about chess.com)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #107 on: September 06, 2021, 06:03:43 PM »

I'm pretty much deferring judgment for this Swiss-style tournament to muon. NOVA Green can play as black against morgieb.

You don't need money for a basic account. But as an FYI, lichess allows for unlimited puzzles daily. (I haven't used it enough to see if there's post-game analysis though, which is what I like most about chess.com)

So am I playing Black or White, since Muon2 and you have both posted slightly different things.  Wink

Doesn't really matter a toss to me, although I should warn everyone that I am extremely rusty, despite having been on a top-tier High School Chess Team around (30) years back. Wink

Wasn't worried about the bread so much as the logistics.

Now when does the game commence?Huh

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #108 on: September 06, 2021, 06:07:59 PM »

So am I playing Black or White, since Muon2 and you have both posted slightly different things.  Wink

Doesn't really matter a toss to me, although I should warn everyone that I am extremely rusty, despite having been on a top-tier High School Chess Team around (30) years back. Wink

Sorry, I think I misread muon's post. You play as white against morgieb.

The game commences now.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #109 on: September 06, 2021, 06:11:36 PM »

The game commences now.

DAMN--- Good thing I happened to be online as opposed to the old "clock things" we used to have to tap every single time we would make our move. Wink
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #110 on: September 06, 2021, 06:15:19 PM »

The game commences now.

DAMN--- Good thing I happened to be online as opposed to the old "clock things" we used to have to tap every single time we would make our move. Wink

Stupid question... how to I start the game with morgieb?   (Registered a bit back, but haven't used this venue before)
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #111 on: September 06, 2021, 06:42:33 PM »

The game commences now.

Stupid question... how to I start the game with morgieb?   (Registered a bit back, but haven't used this venue before)

1. Go to his profile
2. Click 'Challenge'
3. Standard game, 3 day time limit, I play as: White
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #112 on: September 06, 2021, 06:51:41 PM »

The game commences now.

1. Go to his profile
2. Click 'Challenge'

Think I got it working right based upon your info.

Meanwhile, I DEMAND, DEMAND, I say that my clock be reset to (30) minutes back before I decide my first move within the next 72 hours... Wink

Just kidding.... now about those pesky pawns and how to get them out of the way.... Huh?    Smiley
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #113 on: September 06, 2021, 07:19:47 PM »

The game commences now.

1. Go to his profile
2. Click 'Challenge'

Meanwhile, I DEMAND, DEMAND, I say that my clock be reset to (30) minutes back before I decide my first move within the next 72 hours... Wink

Just kidding.... now about those pesky pawns and how to get them out of the way.... Huh?    Smiley

So I guess I have to wait until morgieb accepts my offer before making my first move?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #114 on: September 06, 2021, 07:26:07 PM »

The game commences now.

1. Go to his profile
2. Click 'Challenge'

So I guess I have to wait until morgieb accepts my offer before making my first move?

Yes.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #115 on: September 06, 2021, 07:30:27 PM »

The game commences now.

1. Go to his profile
2. Click 'Challenge'

Yes.

Awesome... that starts the clock then and now only only need to worry about which pawn I will move from either my left or right rook side to the 4th position on the board.

Plenty of time to deliberate and debate my opening move!!!!

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #116 on: September 07, 2021, 05:57:18 PM »

I just got slaughtered against Bore.

If you have a merciful bone in your body, please don't put up me against Muon next.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #117 on: September 07, 2021, 06:38:15 PM »

I just got slaughtered against Bore.

If you have a merciful bone in your body, please don't put up me against Muon next.

Fear not. In a Swiss tournament I will be playing someone with 2 wins in round 3. You would most likely face someone with 1 win after two rounds.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #118 on: September 07, 2021, 06:50:37 PM »

The game commences now.

1. Go to his profile
2. Click 'Challenge'

Yes.

Awesome... that starts the clock then and now only only need to worry about which pawn I will move from either my left or right rook side to the 4th position on the board.

Plenty of time to deliberate and debate my opening move!!!!

How do I tell when someone accepts my challenge?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #119 on: September 09, 2021, 12:14:06 PM »

Thanks to YPestis for the game! The queen blunder was unfortunate but that aside my opponent played very well and is definitely somewhat underrated. Not a huge amount to say but the game went:

1. e4 d5

There's been a disproportionate Scandinavian theme in this tournament so far!

2. exd5 Qxd5 3. Nc3 Qa5 4. d4 Nf6 5. Nf3 c6 6. Bd2 Bf5 7. Bc4 e6 8. O-O
Bd6 9. a3 Bg4 10. Be2 Qh5 11. h3 Bxf3 12. Bxf3 Qf5 13. g4 Qa5 14. d5 Nxd5 15.
Nxd5

This knight blunder is the issue - it loses a piece or...

...cxd5 16. Bxa5 b6 17. Bb4 Bxb4 18. axb4 O-O 19. c4 Nd7 20. cxd5 exd5 21. Qb3
Nf6 22. g5 Nd7 23. Bxd5 Rad8 24. Rxa7 b5 25. Rd1 h6 26. g6 Nf6 27. Bxf7+ Kh8 28.
Rxd8 Rxd8 29. Qf3 Rd6 30. Ra8+ 1-0

YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #120 on: September 13, 2021, 08:36:06 PM »

Thanks to YPestis for the game! The queen blunder was unfortunate but that aside my opponent played very well and is definitely somewhat underrated. Not a huge amount to say but the game went:

1. e4 d5

Nxd5

Nf6 22. g5 Nd7 23. Bxd5 Rad8 24. Rxa7 b5 25. Rd1 h6 26. g6 Nf6 27. Bxf7+ Kh8 28.

Well played Oakvale! The queen blunder was tough, but I could feel myself getting tied up before that.

Best of luck to whoever plays Oakvale, next! They are a tough opponent.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #121 on: September 13, 2021, 08:46:07 PM »

1. e4 d5

Nxd5

Well played Oakvale! The queen blunder was tough, but I could feel myself getting tied up before that.

Best of luck to whoever plays Oakvale, next! They are a tough opponent.

I recently barely beat him in a war of attrition. The final rating was 99 for me to 95 for him. He's the most formidable opponent I've ever had and it would not surprise me if it comes down to him against muon again.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2021, 08:09:08 PM »

muon has informed me that Ishan lost to Mimoha on time and suggested that we ask Mimoha if he's taking the win.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2021, 08:36:42 PM »

Another silly question....

Is there an easy way to view all chess games of all Atlas Registered chess.com members?

Just curious about how badly I will get my bottom paddled against what appears to be an extremely formidable Atlas Tournament Lineup.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2021, 09:25:53 PM »

Another silly question....

Is there an easy way to view all chess games of all Atlas Registered chess.com members?

Just curious about how badly I will get my bottom paddled against what appears to be an extremely formidable Atlas Tournament Lineup.

I think you'd have to manually look at the stats of each player, but you can find current players in the OP and we also have our chess.com club, which you can join.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies