Anybody on Atlas Ever Been Bullied in Middle-School or High School?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:38:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Anybody on Atlas Ever Been Bullied in Middle-School or High School?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Anybody on Atlas Ever Been Bullied in Middle-School or High School?  (Read 1060 times)
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2022, 01:42:10 AM »

In middle school, yes. It was never particularly severe and I do actually think it made me stronger, in retrospect.

High school, thankfully not.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2022, 06:20:56 AM »

I didn't get bullied at High School. Everybody had their moment in the sun and mine were no different. I had my own embarrassing moments as part of my teenage years.p

But we did have a student, Barry, who some in our circle would bully.

I kind of regret not helping him more. Although I never really joined in and did anything, I could have been a better friend to some cool kids who felt on the outer like Barry.

It was not until my adult years that I realised the effect that may have had on him.

I don't have anyone hating on me from any of my school years or work places for that matter.

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2022, 11:33:14 AM »

Yes...but those pale in comparison to elementary.

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2022, 11:42:58 AM »

Yes, I was, and in elementary school as well. But I remember a couple of boys back in middle school, during my 7th Grade year, who "derived pleasure" from attempting to get a rise out of me. They mockingly called out my name and would consistently pester me. One time, one of the boys actually got in front of me, to prevent me from moving forward, and the other was behind me. I had to weave around them, and had to push them to get them out of my way. I went to my counselor about it. She talked to the boys, and after that, they stopped bothering me.

And in my Freshman year of high school, there was this one guy, who I think was dating one of the girls in my AVID class, who came into the classroom when he was not supposed to be there. My AVID teacher was gone that day, and there was a substitute in her place. I can't remember exactly what provoked it, but he yelled at me and called me a f****t. I stood up angrily, and I went and told my father and one of the assistant principals about it. Apparently, the assistant principal talked to the boy, and I wasn't bothered by him again, nor did I see him again. Later in my high school career, during either my Junior or Senior year (I can't remember which one exactly), I had to deal with a few more jocks, like the ones in middle school, who would call to me and try to provoke me. I ignored them as best as I could and never saw them again following my graduation.
WPADEM
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2022, 12:02:05 PM »

No. My class and the two above it were pretty good classes. My brother and sisters classes were as well.  I guess there were a lot of rough classes in the mid to late 2000's in my school district. Seems to have been a bit of a trend.

We did have some drama that goes beyond bullying, though.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2022, 10:21:10 PM »

Everyone gets bullied and is a bully at some point. 
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2022, 10:47:13 PM »

I was bullied constantly through school, ranging from things like being short and having glasses (the 1980s were a weird time for that) to being called gay because I didn't like sports (and later because I wasn't sexually active), frequently told to kill myself, or accused of being the next school shooter (and was reported several times by students for plotting to kill literally because I was sitting quietly), and as I got into high school the physical threats began--death threats, threats of sexual assault (because of the gay accusations) and several times faked detention because I had to return to school because people were waiting for me at the bus stop.

It got worse after 9/11 as I have a slightly Mediterranean look (I'm half Sicilian) and was accused of being a terrorists and received routine threats of violence over that, but fortunately I was done with school a few months after.

Bonus points as my home life consisted of being constantly told how I was broken and defective because I'm autistic, was a disappointment because I wasn't interested in sports and had more feminine interests since childhood, and was a failure for not carrying on the family name over my lack of sexual desires.

I'm honestly amazed I don't hate people more than I do.
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2022, 11:09:10 AM »

I was teased in one class in Y9 (ages 13-14). Just being called names. At the time I considered it bullying but looking back I’d say it was teasing that got out of hand. I told the teacher, and to be fair the guy apologised for taking it too far - he said it was due to me pushing him in the mud at some point earlier, something I didn’t remember but there was friction between our tutor groups so it could have been true. After not speaking for a couple of years we were classmates in Y12 (16-17) and became sort of friends/at least acquaintances - we never addressed the incident and I was never 100% comfortable with him but I suspect he got carried away rather than anything else.

Compared to people I met at uni/work I realised my school had a pretty decent culture when it came to bullying. It definitely happened, and I can think of people who had it much worse than I did (food thrown in their faces, getting thrown in dumpsters) but I can’t say I ever noticed much physical violence.

Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2022, 05:42:01 AM »

No, I've mostly got ignored. I don't have friends or anyone to talk to so I guess I resort to the internet for human connection.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2022, 09:27:53 AM »

I underwent things of this kind in elementary school and middle school and to a little extent in high school, but I seldom referred to them as "bullying" at the time and I am mixed on whether to do so now looking back... even that boy in middle school who liked to punch me on the shoulder fairly regularly seems more grotesquely comical than anything (I had actually forgotten this was a thing until this thread made it come to my mind again). I was of course rather socially awkward and definitely hurt people various times myself, which I am sure played a role in some of this.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2022, 11:24:27 AM »

I never weighed more than 100 pounds in my middle school years, so yeah.  That ended after I punched one of the assholes in the mouth on the school bus.  I think I he was more surprised than I was scared, but that ended it.  After that, no.

Violence is almost always the answer to bullying.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2022, 11:50:48 AM »

I was the bully. Like all bullies, my adult life is a failure.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2022, 01:12:57 AM »

It's Atlas. If that number isn't above 80% 98% I'd be surprised.

progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2022, 04:42:25 AM »

There was a year where I was called either "Gaywad" or "f****t" every single day, without fail.  I think it was 8th.  The high school years gradually got better, but there was always at least a few kids that would throw you off guard with a good ol' "Fag" in the halls.  Just when you thought it was over...
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2022, 05:49:29 AM »

Everyone gets bullied and is a bully at some point. 

I have to agree with this actually, though the extent to each is far from even. I'd say middle school is the worst though (we had the standard grades 6-8). A few classes were interesting, but it was overall not particularly pleasant.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies