FL- St Pete is not an accurate poll at all

(1/5) > >>

THG:
1) https://thehill.com/campaign-polls/414865-poll-gillum-leads-desantis-by-7-points-in-florida-governor-race

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/280161-st-pete-polls-andrew-gillum-holds-5-point-lead-heading-into-election-day/

^ This was before the election in 2018.

Yeah, remember the now infamous Gillum+5 poll? It was them. Using their own logic DeSantis probably would defeat Crist by 7 or 8 points (which is what I expect the margin to be in 2022).

2) They also had Fried tied with DeSantis last month and didn't poll Crist. Now according to their inaccurate methodology, Ron is leading Fried by 3-4 points and tied with Crist. So would that not technically mean that Ron has actually expanded his lead inspite the COVID surge in Florida? What?

3) It says it has DeSantis up by 2% in Tampa Bay, 51% in Palm Beach!, and tied in Orlando (LMFAOOOOO). But Ron is allegedly down big in Miami, which swung heavily Republican in 2020. Crist getting 20% of the Republican vote as well (he barely got any of the Republican vote as an independent in 2010, and siphoned off far more Dem support) makes no sense.

I know certain people on here love wishcasting about Florida, but if this poll is really your best source, I do not know what to tell you. I may not take you seriously no matter how hard you try to sell me this gobbledygook- but some of you might want a career in sales, because you lot are brilliant at attempting to justify this drivel.

Dr Oz Lost Party!:
First of all, calm down. Second of all, I do not think this needed an entire new thread. You can air your grievances about the pollster in the original.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers:
Rs know that it for the party if we solidify DC Statehood by winning 53 votes and Hold the House

THG:
Quote from: Josh Shapiro for Governor on August 03, 2021, 06:33:18 PM

First of all, calm down. Second of all, I do not think this needed an entire new thread. You can air your grievances about the pollster in the original.

Fair enough- this is simply a compilation of the worst hits of the aforementioned pollster.

_.:
Quote from: Chip Roy’s Burner on August 03, 2021, 06:28:01 PM

1) https://thehill.com/campaign-polls/414865-poll-gillum-leads-desantis-by-7-points-in-florida-governor-race

^ This was before the election in 2018.

Yeah, remember the now infamous Gillum+7 poll? It was them. Using their own logic DeSantis probably would defeat Crist by 7 or 8 points (which is what I expect the margin to be in 2022).

Lol you are linking to a Quinnipiac poll.

This is how the polling outfit "St. Pete Polls" actually has performed:

In the 2020 U.S. Presidential Election, it underestimated the Republican margin by 4.5% (final poll D+1.1%)
In the 2018 U.S. Senate Election in FL, it underestimated the Republican margin by 3.8% (final poll D+3.7%)
In the 2018 Florida Gubernatorial Election, it underestimated the Republican margin by 4.5% (final poll D+4.1%)

St. Pete isn't the gospel and their polls have a pretty consistent error that overestimates Democratic support. Yet it isn't as bad as you make it out to be either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page