Is American city/infrastructure growth a Ponzi scheme? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:38:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is American city/infrastructure growth a Ponzi scheme? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is American city/infrastructure growth a Ponzi scheme?  (Read 601 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: August 04, 2021, 01:07:03 AM »

I've run across Strong Towns before. It makes sense as presented, and matches much of what I see in, for example, the awful suburban sprawl of Denver (and the inadequate attempts to keep up with it). It also echoes much of what I think has gone wrong with our society, where we've let corporations and market forces shape us in ways they find convenient, but which are not beneficial to us as individuals or as a collective. (To be very clear, I'm am not suggesting any sort of deliberate conspiracy, just that we've been too eager to follow "the money" while ignoring the impacts that doing so has.)

So it's certainly appealing to me, and its not obviously wrong (yet), but I haven't personally seen the evidence for it being right the way I have with, for example,  global warming, vaccines or opposing Republicans.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies