More troops may yet go to Iraq by Spring 2007

(1/1)

Joe Biden 2020:
As if we didn't have enough trouble over there already, now President Bush is thinking about sending even more troops over there.  Even though, his "stand up-stand down" policy is being halfway realized.  The US military has trained 294,000 Iraqi military personnel and is on track to complete its goal of training 325,000 by the end of 2006.  President Bush says the policy is still in effect, but that the terrorists are changing tactics and the US military is adapting.  What do you all think about this?  Is President Bush fighting a losing battle, or is he really listening to his generals on the ground, and are the generals telling him to send more troops?  President Bush obviously knows more about the situation on the ground in Iraq than I do, so I defer to him, but I just wonder if he's just not seeing the big picture that its time to start slowly bringing our men and women home rather than sending more of them out there in harms way. 

One of the reasons I just switched to the Democratic party this week is I am starting to get very restless about Iraq and the War on Terror as a whole.  I still support our President, but I am wanting fresh faces in Washington to get some new ideas about Iraq and the War on Terror and most importantly, to start bringing our men and women home.

??????????:
Ok, so you want to win in Iraq and against Islamic terrorists but yet you want our troops home. Sorry, can't have it both ways.

??????????:
Quote from: texasindy on September 22, 2006, 11:36:28 AM

Bush was fighting a losing battle ever since this war started.

Glad to see you have such a winning attitude. What's your solution to solving the problem of Islamic terrorism?

MasterJedi:
Quote from: StatesRights on September 22, 2006, 06:21:22 AM

Ok, so you want to win in Iraq and against Islamic terrorists but yet you want our troops home. Sorry, can't have it both ways.

^^^ Correct

Quote from: StatesRights on September 22, 2006, 12:30:37 PM

Quote from: texasindy on September 22, 2006, 11:36:28 AM

Bush was fighting a losing battle ever since this war started.

Glad to see you have such a winning attitude. What's your solution to solving the problem of Islamic terrorism?

Probably not fight them at all and sit on our hands.

bgwah:
Hey Masterjedi, if you support the war so much, why haven't you enlisted in the military yet? They need you and you're the prime age... :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index