Sinema/Gabbard vs. Romney/Cheney
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:41:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Sinema/Gabbard vs. Romney/Cheney
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sinema/Gabbard vs. Romney/Cheney  (Read 986 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 30, 2021, 11:29:14 AM »

Who wins a hypothetical election between Kyrsten Sinema and Tulsi Gabbard vs. Mitt Romney and Liz Cheney?
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 12:05:36 PM »
« Edited: July 31, 2021, 08:20:13 PM by Chip Roy’s Burner »

Sienma would win, because even if progressives don’t like Sinema or Gabbard, absolutely no one outside of a few true neocons in the beltway and maybe Utah would enjoy voting for Romney or Cheney. I think Sinema/Gabbard gets a decent amount of Trump voters as well.

I wouldn’t turn out for a Republican ticket that would be so obviously destined to get annihilated simply because I would rather spend my time voting for a ticket that would have atleast a hope in hell to win.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 11:58:39 PM »

Sinema/Gabbard is a really weird ticket.
Sinema is socially/culturally progressive and economically moderate, and Tulsi is culturally moderate and economically progressive. I guess it's a balanced ticket.

Either way, Dems will win because more Democrats will vote for Sinema than Republicans will vote for Romney.
McGarnagle
SomethingPolitical

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 03:02:01 AM »

Romney probably wins because there's enough voters who went Democratic in the past who simply wouldn't show up for a Sinema/Gabbard ticket.

Centrists forget progressives are still an important part of the reason Biden won, that they are mutual parts of a coalition against Republicans. Certain centrists seem to think they're the only Democrats that exist, and spend more time attacking and being snide towards the left wing of their party than attacking their real adversaries, the Republicans.

If enough progressives hadn't shown up in 2020, Trump would've gotten a second term. Gabbard wouldn't appease progressives and in fact would repel a good number of them because progressives supported Trump's impeachment. Sinema/Gabbard would lose, though Romney/Cheney wouldn't win by a particularly impressive margin.
LtNOWIS

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2021, 04:35:49 PM »

The Democrats win easily. For all the progressive complaints about the ticket, Sinema and Gabbard are roughly where the party is, and they're both Biden Democrats. Democrats would complain a lot but they'd come home in the end.

The Republican ticket would lose significant portions of the base when Trump says that traitor RINOs are even worse than Democrats and that everyone should just stay home or vote third party. Even if Trump is dead by then, people carrying on his legacy won't have forgotten that Romney and Cheney were some of his staunchest critics.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2021, 04:56:57 PM »
« Edited: July 31, 2021, 05:00:39 PM by Mr. Kanye West »

Sinema won't be Nominee, Biden will the last Blue Dog Prez that wins, there will be Progressives from now on

Have we had enough of Sinema playing with the Filibuster, and from Biden experience we know he was never Landslide Biden, he is the same D that Bernie or Booker could of replicated the same blue wall or did better than Biden in 2020, that's why I supported Bernie

Trump told us about Hunter
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2021, 06:06:15 PM »

The Democrats win easily. For all the progressive complaints about the ticket, Sinema and Gabbard are roughly where the party is, and they're both Biden Democrats. Democrats would complain a lot but they'd come home in the end.

The Republican ticket would lose significant portions of the base when Trump says that traitor RINOs are even worse than Democrats and that everyone should just stay home or vote third party. Even if Trump is dead by then, people carrying on his legacy won't have forgotten that Romney and Cheney were some of his staunchest critics.

In what sense are they both “Biden Democrats” or “roughly where the party is”? Have you seen Sinema’s approval ratings among Democrats? Mark Kelly is both of those things and Sinema is no Mark Kelly.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2021, 06:19:26 PM »

I am not a fan of ether Kristen Sinema or Tulsi Gabbard, so the Romney/Cheney ticket would reluctantly get my vote.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2021, 06:57:53 PM »

This is a matchup that could go either way.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2021, 11:12:29 AM »
« Edited: August 01, 2021, 02:06:27 PM by Alben Barkley »

If Trump runs third party, it becomes 1912 redux:

LtNOWIS

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2021, 01:58:37 PM »

In what sense are they both “Biden Democrats” or “roughly where the party is”? Have you seen Sinema’s approval ratings among Democrats? Mark Kelly is both of those things and Sinema is no Mark Kelly.
In the sense that they endorsed him for president and have not dumped on him publicly, when he was the nominee or the president.

If they were the nominees, Democrats would come home to their ticket, and there would be no prominent Democratic voice trying to burn down the party to prevent their hated enemy from getting control over it. Not so for the Republicans.
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2021, 02:30:05 PM »

Romney is a pretty weak candidate to begin with, and Cheney would be extremely toxic to the GOP base (and basically everybody) without gaining anything in return.  Although Tulsi is unliked among many Dems, Sinema is reasonably popular and would easily overcome a historically weak GOP ticket.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2021, 05:17:48 PM »

Sinema/Gabbard wins.

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2021, 11:59:25 AM »

Conservatives who hate Romney tend to also like Tulsi, but I can't see them backing Sinema. Progressives obviously stay home. Turnout will drop 20-30% barring a third and fourth party, but the old man will win a majority of the participating Never Trumpers and Rockefeller Democrats.

The few voters remaining after removing everyone who has actual beliefs will respond to Romney's "presidential demeanor" and deplore Sinema's unprofessionalism, and her strategy of refusing to engage with party grassroots will leave her with a major fundraising disadvantage.

I'd disagree with this. These conservatives you speak of who view Gabbard favorably also tend to view Sinema favorably. They view both Sinema and Gabbard as "reasonable" Democrats who they can work with. Given this, and given that much of the Republican base absolutely despises Romney and Cheney, I'm inclined to believe that the Sinema/Gabbard ticket would win. Sinema would hold the moderate suburbanites who backed Biden last year, and would potentially expand Democratic gains among them, while Gabbard could bring back many of the Obama/Trump voters.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2021, 02:14:37 PM »

even i would probably just vote for sinema at that point
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2021, 02:52:37 AM »

Krysten Simena/Tulsi Gabbard (D) 51% 460 EV
Donald Trump/Marjorie Taylor Greene (MAGA) 25% 68 EV
Mitt Romney/Liz Cheney (R) 23% 10 EV
Make America Grumpy Again
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2021, 08:11:30 PM »

I'd vote for Sinema, but Romney would probably win.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies