What is the worst fascist party in Europe?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:43:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  What is the worst fascist party in Europe?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: What is the worst fascist party in Europe?
British National Party (UK)

National Front (France)

National Democratic Party (Germany)

Northern League (Italy)

National Alliance (Italy)

Freedom Party (Austria)

Vlaams Belang (Belgium)

National Union Attack (Bulgaria)

Great Romania Party (Romania)

Danish People's Party (Denmark)

other

none of the above, I love fascists

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: What is the worst fascist party in Europe?  (Read 4360 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 21, 2006, 02:34:08 PM »

Vote.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 03:07:08 PM »

Whichever one has the most power right now.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 05:46:48 PM »

Well, the NPD is attacking and injuring journalists when they win an election... and probably also when they lose an election. In any event they seem to enjoy injuring other people, even when there's no election at all. Don't know so much about the other parties.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 06:03:17 PM »

Is there a good facist party?  Is there a good communist party?

The answer is NO
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 06:30:46 PM »

Probably the NPD with the BNP a close second. Front Nacional and Vlaams Belang aren't even in the same league as those two and the Danish People's Party and Lega Nord aren't really that fascist, National Alliance and Social Alternative are but not Lega Nord.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 06:31:11 PM »

The answer is NO

This isn't asking for which ones the best it's asking you for which one you think is the WORST.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 06:32:03 PM »

The answer is NO

This isn't asking for which ones the best it's asking you for which one you think is the WORST.

There are equally bad
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 06:34:06 PM »

I would take issue with Vlaams Belang being on that list; still at least you didn't include LPF Smiley
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 06:36:25 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2006, 06:49:24 PM by Justice Colin Wixted »

The answer is NO

There are equally bad

Like I said above though some aren't really fascist though. The Danish People's Party, Vlaams Belang, and Lega Nord aren't usually considered fascist. Why don't you read up on the parties on Wiki and see which one you consider the worst.

British National Party (UK): Bad, very bad. Overtly rascist, almost openly neo-Nazi, really horrible.

National Front (France): Anti-immigration, rather rascist, rather populist but a different beast than the more fascist parties. It's on the border between nationalist and fascist.

National Democratic Party (Germany): The worst on the list, by far. Openly rascist, openly neo-Nazi, and openly in the state parliaments in Eastern Germany. The recent incident after their victory in winning 6 seats in Mecklenburg just solidified that. I hope to God that Germany never sees these people in the Bundestag.

Northern League (Italy): Not really fascist. Seperatists and conservative and they are the only right-wing major party in Italy that did not grow out of the fascist tradition.

National Alliance (Italy): They might be fascists on the inside, I still think Gianfranco Fini has dreams of wearing grey uniforms and saluting massive crowds, but they have basically turned into a conservative party, albeit one that is still in touch with their fascist past.

Freedom Party (Austria): Nationalist, anti-immigration, psuedo-fascist. Since Haider left the party I think its become less fascist and more anti-immigration. Haider really made the party into a bad of Nazi lovers though. I would consider the BZO to be the more fascist/neo-Nazi party now.

Vlaams Belang (Belgium): They really shouldn't be on here. Vlaams Blok 15 years ago maybe, when they were still a bunch of fascist skinheads, but now they have basically morphed into an anti-immigration pro-Flemish independence party with an authoritarian streak.

National Union Attack (Bulgaria): Can't say I know much about them. Probably your run of the mill Eastern European nationalist populist party.

Great Romania Party (Romania): Again can't say I know much about them.

Danish People's Party (Denmark): Why are they even on here? Nationalist, yes, anti-immigration, yes, populist, sort of, but fascist, no way. They are basically a conservative party that is more anti-immigration than the other parties of the Danish right, and that destinction has deminished as Venestre has become more anti-immigration.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 07:16:28 PM »

That depends what you mean by worst; does worst mean "most Nazi-like" or the one with the most influence?

Will post more tomorrow; too tired now...
Angel of Death
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2006, 08:54:43 PM »

I would take issue with Vlaams Belang being on that list;

Yeah, right.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2006, 02:06:47 AM »
« Edited: September 22, 2006, 09:41:27 AM by GMantis »

The NPD is worst in ideology, but the Lega Nord has far greater influence, which makes it worst overall. Ataka does not belong on the list - it's more of a far left party than a far right one and is more moderate than most other parties described here. It may, however, appear extremist because its leader is a madman.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2006, 06:12:59 AM »

Last option, though calling these groups "fascist" is a little extreme.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2006, 07:30:22 AM »
« Edited: September 22, 2006, 09:40:57 AM by GMantis »

If those above are not facsist, is there at all a group existing today, which would be considered fascist by your rather narrow standarts?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2006, 07:45:20 AM »

If those above are not facsist, is there at all group existing today, which would be considered fascist by your rather narrow standarts?

No. Communism is the greater threat.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2006, 08:01:12 AM »

If those above are not facsist, is there at all group existing today, which would be considered fascist by your rather narrow standarts?

Have you been living in a cave the last 15 years? Communism as a credible threat to Western civilization is practically dead, while fascism (including its Islamic variety) is constantly rising.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2006, 08:09:42 AM »

Have you been living in a cave the last 15 years? Communism as a credible threat to Western civilization is practically dead, while fascism (including its Islamic variety) is constantly rising.

Russia is practically still a communist nation, Cuba is a communist nation as well as China is as is Venezula. Those nations have far more power then some backwards religious whackos.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2006, 08:19:58 AM »

Russia is practically still a communist nation, Cuba is a communist nation as well as China is as is Venezula. Those nations have far more power then some backwards religious whackos.
Russia is a communist country?! By this definition, most European countries are also communist. As for China, a threat i s not only determined by power, but by intentions, and there the Islamists are far more dangerous. Also, China can't use its power as openly as the Islamists. Anyway, the main danger from radical Islam is not their conventional power, but demographics.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2006, 08:26:57 AM »

Considering that most of Russias current politicians are old hardliners from the USSR I wouldn't say Russia is completely free from Soviet influence. So called "fascist" parties in Europe are really no threat to anyone as, on whole, Europe has no bad intentions towards the rest of the world like in times past. China is a threat whether you want to believe it or not, the sell weapons to North Korea and god knows who else. Also they have tried to buy the Panama canal and they are making economically strategic moves to shut the U.S. down if need be.

And you can quit calling it "radical Islam" as their's no need to be redundant.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2006, 08:43:34 AM »

Considering that most of Russias current politicians are old hardliners from the USSR I wouldn't say Russia is completely free from Soviet influence. So called "fascist" parties in Europe are really no threat to anyone as, on whole, Europe has no bad intentions towards the rest of the world like in times past. China is a threat whether you want to believe it or not, the sell weapons to North Korea and god knows who else. Also they have tried to buy the Panama canal and they are making economically strategic moves to shut the U.S. down if need be.

And you can quit calling it "radical Islam" as their's no need to be redundant.
The Soviet politicians who are still influential today are not the hardliners, but those who saw the writing on the wall and quickly switched to pro-capitalist policies. They are no more communist today than the Republican party.
China indeed is trying to increase its influence on the world stage, but this is partly to counter the far greater (if more covert) US efforts to undermine them.
I do not like Islam at all, but to insist that all of it is radical is quite ignorant.
Oh, and it's good to see you admit that Europe was once a threat to the rest of the world: you usually portray them as a bringers of civilization.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2006, 08:55:30 AM »

China is actually a weird experiment-gone-wrong with the goal of combining the worst elements of capitalism, communism and nationalism.

Russia isn't communist anymore but a free haven for the Mafia... this places the country in the same category with Italy. That's also the most likely reason why Berlusconi proposed a EU membership for Russia when he was still PM. Cheesy
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2006, 09:01:52 AM »

Oh, and it's good to see you admit that Europe was once a threat to the rest of the world: you usually portray them as a bringers of civilization.

I think the history of Islam points to its overall radicalism. I've discussed that issue to death though.

Europe of the mid 20th century was a threat Hitler/Stalin, etc. I do however approve of Europe from 1500-1900 though. And yes, they did bring or at least tried to bring civilization to the backwards societies in Africa, the Americas and the Middle East.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2006, 09:37:47 AM »

I think the history of Islam points to its overall radicalism. I've discussed that issue to death though.

Europe of the mid 20th century was a threat Hitler/Stalin, etc. I do however approve of Europe from 1500-1900 though. And yes, they did bring or at least tried to bring civilization to the backwards societies in Africa, the Americas and the Middle East.
While the history of Christianity points to enlightened moderation.
Europe didn't bring civilization: it brought technology. Most of those places already had civilization, which the Europeans destroyed with varying success.
During the mid 20th century Europe was more of a threat to itself, Hitler and Stalin damaged Europe far more than other continents.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2006, 09:54:30 AM »

I would take issue with Vlaams Belang being on that list;

So do I.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2006, 12:07:05 PM »

Since GMantis is from a country that actually was communist, I'd say he probably knows more than you here StatesRights.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies