REMINDER: Ohio and Iowa are not battlegrounds in 2024 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:01:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  REMINDER: Ohio and Iowa are not battlegrounds in 2024 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: REMINDER: Ohio and Iowa are not battlegrounds in 2024  (Read 3384 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 01, 2021, 02:47:18 AM »

OH and especially IA do not deserve to be in the same category as FL, and they’re absolutely non-competitive in our current alignment/with current party coalitions and under our national trends. Sherrod Brown never did nor will he ever provide the D nominee with "reverse coattails," he’s arguably the luckiest Class I Democratic Senator whose previous showings don’t exactly inspire confidence about his reelection prospects in 2024. Barring a complete Republican collapse and some really disastrous missteps by the OH GOP, the guy is on his way out.

Comparing OH and IA to NH and ME when the first two vote 10+ vote more Republican than the nation and the last two at best 5 points to (and at worst very close to, as in 2016) the national popular vote is also disingenuous. Republicans are infinitely more likely to win any statewide federal race in NH/ME than Democrats in IA.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies