Last NH debate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:07:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Last NH debate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Last NH debate  (Read 5118 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: January 23, 2004, 12:56:12 PM »

winners-- kerry, nothing exciting, nothing bad

Dean; apologetic but yet firm I thought he did alright.

Lieberman-still principled and strong even though he won't win.

Kucinich/Sharpton; good comedy factor.

Clark--goign to have to check with ACLU on matters?  WTF?!  ( didn't work for Dukakis Wes).  Then his flip flops ont eh war were laid out clearly and he got pretty testy ont he word guarantee.  Lastly he got beat up on the michael moore thing, pundits are already havign a field day.

Edwards- didn't know anything about Islam.  Would help if you were the leader of the free world and had major dealings in that area to know SOMETHING about the culture.  Lastly the defense of marriage act, does he even know what it is.  FUMBLE!!

No Americans know anything about islam. I don't really think Bush is much of an expert on the subject either.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2004, 12:59:24 PM »

Of course Lieberman 'won' the debate.  He's the only Democratic candidate that's fully reasonable, rational, and honest.  To Kerry's credit, he's perfectly sane, just a closed-minded left wing elitist.  Dean and Clark are outright loons.  Edwards on the other hand is a Clinton clone - a slimy, trumped up fraud.  The only distinction is he's nowhere near as intelligent, and is further to the left.  During the debate, and in fact all public appearances I've seen of the man, he seems like a bad, hammy actor.

Opebo, I am a little surprised by this. You have always struck me as one of the most realistic Reps in the forum, despite your far right winged views, you are usually able to make unbiased predictions and analyses. But this post on the debate seems a little too Republican in perspective...of course Lieberman looks best to you, he does to all Republicans.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2004, 03:16:31 PM »

Opebo, I am a little surprised by this. You have always struck me as one of the most realistic Reps in the forum, despite your far right winged views, you are usually able to make unbiased predictions and analyses. But this post on the debate seems a little too Republican in perspective...of course Lieberman looks best to you, he does to all Republicans.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well thanks for the 'realistic' compliment.  Its true I vented my spleen a bit in the above posting.  I just feel bad for Lieberman and dislike the others.  A more dispassionate analysis would be Kerry won, and Lieberman did well but couldn't win because he's too moderate for a Democrat audience.  I'm honestly not very good at figuring out how the viewers will respond to debates - its very much about personality.

You're welcome. It's hard to keep one's personal views out of assesments, that goes for everyone, including myself. Judging by your posts you seem able to distinguish very well between what ou want to happen and what you yhink will happen. I, of course, could not see the debate, since it, like all American prime time shows, runs in the middle of the night Swedish time, so I don't know who won. Seems like the consensus so far is that Kerry and Edwards did pretty well, whereas Clark and Dean did badly, which might add to the two former candidate's momentum.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2004, 03:31:30 PM »

Smiley funny one, yeah he stumbled badly, but I thought edwards did too on defense of marriage and Islam questions.

Kerry held steady and Dean did ok with apologies mostly.

Clark should wear a shirt to the debates that says 'I have no idea what's going on.'

Kerry, Edwards, and Lieberman did well.
The Islam question was very stupid, how the hell is he supposed to know the teachings of Islam?

Get over it JR, no one knows a thing about the teacings of Islam, does Bush?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2004, 03:37:23 PM »

"respect for their culture"? What kind of appeasing, un-American, treacherous, liberal mumbo-jumbo is that, huh? Wink

well If I was a candidate I would have studied up on it.  Logical question when you need to know how people feel, thinka nd have respect for their culture when we have so many troops in that region and that region is at the center of foriegn policy.  

Smiley funny one, yeah he stumbled badly, but I thought edwards did too on defense of marriage and Islam questions.

Kerry held steady and Dean did ok with apologies mostly.

Clark should wear a shirt to the debates that says 'I have no idea what's going on.'

Kerry, Edwards, and Lieberman did well.
The Islam question was very stupid, how the hell is he supposed to know the teachings of Islam?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies