MS directly asks SCOTUS to overturn Roe
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:36:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  MS directly asks SCOTUS to overturn Roe
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: MS directly asks SCOTUS to overturn Roe  (Read 2189 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 22, 2021, 06:22:50 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/22/politics/mississippi-roe-v-wade-abortion/index.html
Inb4 EMr4man
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 07:08:03 PM »

If you voted for Trump either time, kindly f**k off.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 11:55:47 PM »

This just reads like Justice Thomas is the only vote whom they care about. I get that they already think that they have the votes anyway, but they should've at least tried to just make it look like they're actually gunning for 5 votes for their side.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 12:24:09 AM »

Please do. Banning abortion will mean the cringy mayonnaise Liberty University missionary sex-only crowd will have no reason to vote, while hordes of typically low-propensity voters turn out in protest at this dramatic regression in medical rights.
WindowPhil
United States
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 02:39:42 PM »

Please do. Banning abortion will mean the cringy mayonnaise Liberty University missionary sex-only crowd will have no reason to vote, while hordes of typically low-propensity voters turn out in protest at this dramatic regression in medical rights.

Do the pro choice feminist equity crowd think that "their body their choice" applies to men if they don't give a sh**t that circumcisions are legal and wouldn't care if vasectomies were illegal?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2021, 04:42:26 PM »

Good, because effects of Abortions and Birth control pills have an effect on post menapause females and men can use condems, an unwanted child give up for adoption, Little Orphan Annie in sixties before Abortion
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2021, 05:01:00 PM »

There are male condems and birth control pills you know
Do the pro choice feminist equity crowd think that "their body their choice" applies to men if they don't give a sh**t that circumcisions are legal and wouldn't care if vasectomies were illegal?
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2021, 08:09:02 PM »

This might be the single most tiresome gimmick I've seen from a new poster in my decade-plus on this forum. You make people like kenyanobama and Cuckslayer look like Atlas institutions.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2021, 12:12:28 AM »

As foolish as I understand engaging with you is, I certainly think infant circumcisions should be illegal and vasectomies should remain legal (has anyone ever proposed banning them?). (Consistent, sane, still more concerned with abortion rights because they're more relevant irl.)

--Your friendly neighborhood pro-choice feminist.
(no subject)
Jolly Slugg
Australia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2021, 05:33:59 AM »

Some people, even some feminists, refer to Sharon Tate’s foetus as an actual baby, proving that a part of a woman’s body is a baby when it is a woman you care about…
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2021, 10:51:19 AM »

Good!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2021, 04:18:23 PM »

Women don't need abortions there are condemns, and birth control pill s and adoptions it causes complications to females uterus and cancer in postmenopausal females anyways
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2021, 10:13:23 PM »

...Not a very....well constructed strategy to say the least.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2021, 08:27:10 PM »

I'd honestly put it over 50/50 that Roe/Casey is overturned next summer and abortion does go to the states again.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2021, 03:11:31 AM »

I'd honestly put it over 50/50 that Roe/Casey is overturned next summer and abortion does go to the states again.

Honestly, I'm the opposite, & am becoming more & more convinced that we'll end up seeing a controlling concurrence from Roberts/Kavanaugh that falls on the stare-decisis sword, perhaps in a manner akin to ACB's in Fulton: namely, "we're sympathetic towards Plaintiff's arguments in favor of overturning Roe/Casey insofar as viability should maybe not be the bright-line rule that it is in the status quo, but our weighing of factors has led us to conclude that the federal right has become something of an ingrained principle of American law at this point, & we just can't really see a *sensible* non-Casey standard that - short of overturning the federal right outright & giving states carte blanche here - we could replace Casey's with." In so many words, I see minimalism remaining popular with the Court's most important controlling voices.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2021, 04:00:32 AM »

SCOTUS will probably wait until after Dems lose Congress in 2022 to do this.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2021, 12:43:33 PM »

My guess is the SCOTUS will not overturn Roe but chip away at it by allowing abortion bans which have the standard exceptions but do not allow the bans that dont have those exceptions.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2021, 07:07:14 AM »

SCOTUS will probably wait until after Dems lose Congress in 2022 to do this.

No they won't, anyways ÀBORTIONS ARENT NECESSARY THEY NEVER WERE WE HAD LITTLE ORPHAN ANNIE IN THE 50S AND BIRTH CONTROL PILLS THE CRT AFFIRMED PARENTHOOD

Adoptions are popular among Church Priesthood due to how much money they make just like celebrities
Spectator
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2021, 07:57:39 PM »

Women don't need abortions there are condemns, and birth control pill s and adoptions it causes complications to females uterus and cancer in postmenopausal females anyways

Noted. Guess I’ll just wear a condemn next time I do the deed.
Houstonian Sock
Big Tex
Rookie
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2021, 10:58:18 AM »

This might be the single most tiresome gimmick I've seen from a new poster in my decade-plus on this forum. You make people like kenyanobama and Cuckslayer look like Atlas institutions.
I dont see the problem with what he said, I think my body my choice should either go both ways or neither
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2021, 06:10:40 PM »

Who is calling for the prohibition of vasectomies?
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2021, 05:10:22 AM »

Repeal Roe and let it be a state decision
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2021, 05:12:03 AM »

Except that probably wouldn't satisfy most on the right. They'd want to prohibit states from legalizing abortion as well.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2021, 12:29:40 PM »

Except that probably wouldn't satisfy most on the right. They'd want to prohibit states from legalizing abortion as well.
There are probably five votes for fetal personhood and only four against.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2021, 12:35:49 PM »

I count only three votes against.

Are you certain Roberts would be a no vote in a fetal personhood case. I'm not.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies