Opinion of People who use "Liberal" or "lib" as an insult ? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:19:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of People who use "Liberal" or "lib" as an insult ? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of People who use "Liberal" or "lib" as an insult ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 34

Author Topic: Opinion of People who use "Liberal" or "lib" as an insult ?  (Read 390 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: July 22, 2021, 10:08:21 AM »

Like most political humour, it's funniest when self-deprecatory. In general, people do not understand or care about other ideology's opinions and so their jokes will be extremely low tier unobservant points that are often clouded by their own sense of urgency in trying to own the other side. When people bemoan their own side though, that's when it gets both relatively insightful and normally funnier. See: sites like Clickhole are normally very funny when poking fun of people of their own social milieu, but will easily fold to Trevor Noah style Orange Man bad gags when it comes to their opponents. the same is true in the opposition, although I know less about the specifics because I don't remotely care about right wing humour aside from observing that if you account for age gaps, it is fundamentally the same as liberal humour. (I.e. all people in the same cohort have the same comedic stylings regardless of their ideology).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies