Former Democratic Senate nominee claims "Ketchup packets are not available in rural areas." (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:51:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Former Democratic Senate nominee claims "Ketchup packets are not available in rural areas." (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Former Democratic Senate nominee claims "Ketchup packets are not available in rural areas."  (Read 3356 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: July 22, 2021, 04:53:07 PM »

Why not buy bottle ketchup? Or create your own sauce with all the condiments thats around your house to experiment.

Not that this is a good point on Swearengin's part (I don't think it is), but if someone doesn't have access to ketchup, it's unlikely they have "all the condiments around their house" either.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 01:29:20 AM »

Last week a friend and I had occasion to drive for about two hours through a remote area of the Catskills. In those two hours we passed:

1. A Sunoco station that was already closed at 8 pm
2. A ritzy resort restaurant that not even we, two middle-class people, would have been able to afford
3. Finally, at the end of the second hour, a Subway.

And this was in New York!

"Ketchup packets are not available in rural areas" is a very strange way to frame this and I still don't think Swearengin should have said this the way she did, but the idea that there isn't anywhere in West Virginia where food options might be genuinely difficult to get to is absurd and complacent.

Also, does this thread really need to be about abortion? I really, really, really don't think that it does.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies