Oregon Governor Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:27:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Oregon Governor Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oregon Governor Megathread  (Read 16587 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« on: September 02, 2021, 06:28:16 PM »

As Pieman said, I don't know if a member of the news media running for Governor are the optics that the Democratic Party needs right now. Sure, it's Oregon, and he could win the general election if he gets the nomination, but nationally it might be a bad look.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2022, 05:14:09 PM »

Biden is campaigning here today. CNN is reporting it as a signal they lack confidence in AZ and NV.

I can totally see why Biden would campaign in Oregon and why there is a lack of confidence in Kotek winning, but why does this singular fact apply to Arizona and Nevada too? I get lacking confidence in Democrats winning in those states as well, but Biden probably wouldn't help much there unlike a state he won by 16 points and is pretty distinct from those two in spite of being part of the same region where him visiting might even be a detriment.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2022, 05:43:00 PM »

Biden is campaigning here today. CNN is reporting it as a signal they lack confidence in AZ and NV.

I can totally see why Biden would campaign in Oregon and why there is a lack of confidence in Kotek winning, but why does this singular fact apply to Arizona and Nevada too? I get lacking confidence in Democrats winning in those states as well, but Biden probably wouldn't help much there unlike a state he won by 16 points and is pretty distinct from those two in spite of being part of the same region where him visiting might even be a detriment.

No idea. I mentioned it more to mock CNN than to present it as a true narrative.

Oh, okay, Fair enough. I guess we agree then.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2022, 06:22:43 PM »

I literally just saw an ad where Kotek is trying to tie Drazan to Kate Brown lol

Biden was in Oregon the other day campaigning for Kotek. I'm surprised she didn't try to keep him at arm's length.

There really isn't anything for Kotek to lose, honestly.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2022, 07:36:04 PM »

When I came back to the forum in June one of my first predictions was for this election in which I said that it would resemble Connecticut's gubernatorial election from 2018. I'm too lazy to go back and find the exact post, but I think I deserve some accolades. The margin is also almost identical too.

I've gotten few predictions right this year, in ways that I am actually glad about, so I have no shame in reveling in this one.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies