Oregon Governor Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:51:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Oregon Governor Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oregon Governor Megathread  (Read 16664 times)
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« on: November 22, 2021, 03:46:23 PM »
« edited: November 22, 2021, 03:51:43 PM by Canis »

Democratic State Senator Betsy Johnson who represents a swingy part of Oregon that voted Obama-Trump has launched an independent bid for governor with a campaign mostly focusing on rural Oregonians Johnson raised an impressive haul of $2.3 million dollars this quarter.

How do yall expect Johnson to do? Will she draw more from Democrats or Republicans?
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 05:55:51 PM »

Good for her. Not my thing but at least she's better than the fascist currently running.
Whose the fascist?
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2022, 08:30:40 PM »

Betsy just got a massive dump of DA endorsements...

Would not be surprised to a massive wave of endorsements from County Sheriffs in Oregon to follow soon after...

Oregon unaffiliated candidate for governor Betsy Johnson announced Thursday that she has the support of two-thirds of the state’s current district attorneys and a variety of other former prosecutors. The endorsements come in an election year when voters are telling pollsters that crime is among their top concerns.

In a statement shared by Johnson’s campaign, Washington County District Attorney Kevin Barton cited Johnson’s pledge to push for voters to repeal Oregon’s drug decriminalization law, something that Republican Christine Drazan has also promised to pursue.

“Betsy’s no-nonsense and common-sense public safety platform puts Oregon back on the right track,” Barton said. “I am proud to be part of a tremendous and unprecedented coalition of public safety leaders supporting Betsy as Oregon’s next governor as she seeks to repeal the legalization of hard drugs, fight drug cartels, and stop the free-flow of fentanyl that is killing our kids.”

https://www.oregonlive.com/politics/2022/09/oregon-governor-candidate-betsy-johnson-announces-endorsements-from-24-current-district-attorneys.html
Schubert in CA got a ton of DA and Sheriff endorsements she still ended up with a a little under 8%. I think Johnson is polling way higher than how shes gonna do Third-party candidates always overperform in the polls. She'll probably get around 10% I think 15% is her max she might also win a county or two from her district. I'm curious to see a breakdown of which party's supporters shes taking the most from.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies