Well, if you had any doubts, put em' away. She's in. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:43:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Well, if you had any doubts, put em' away. She's in. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Well, if you had any doubts, put em' away. She's in.  (Read 17560 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: September 20, 2006, 03:02:25 PM »

Romney, McCain, Guilliani, Rice, etc. would destroy Hillary
Romney and McCain would be favorites to beat Hillary, but Hillary could still win.

Guliani and especially Rice would lose because they would totally fail to light a fire in the base of the party.  Trust me, most everyone I know is Republican and they've confirmed this.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 03:28:45 PM »

Romney and McCain would be favorites to beat Hillary, but Hillary could still win.

Guliani and especially Rice would lose because they would totally fail to light a fire in the base of the party.  Trust me, most everyone I know is Republican and they've confirmed this.

In a general, Guillani is certainly more conservative than Hillary

The Fundies will stay home or vote third party rather than vote for a pro-choice and pro-gay moderate-to-liberal New Englander.  If Hillary were the nominee, some thinking ones (most Fundies don't think too deeply) might throw a vote toward Guliani to keep out Hillary, but most will stick with their convictions.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 10:24:39 PM »

In a general, Guillani is certainly more conservative than Hillary

The Fundies will stay home or vote third party rather than vote for a pro-choice and pro-gay moderate-to-liberal New Englander.  If Hillary were the nominee, some thinking ones (most Fundies don't think too deeply) might throw a vote toward Guliani to keep out Hillary, but most will stick with their convictions.

I would actually think that alot of the social conservative block would turn out as would alot of the Republican base. Hillary has been villified by the Republican Party and is a demon of the right since HillaryCare. I think that even with a Giuliani candidacy not only could he appeal to moderates but if Hillary is his opponent he would get alot of the conservative, and especially social conservative vote, since he's not Hillary Clinton and the spectre of her as President would be worse in their minds.

This isn't what I've been told firsthand.  I know a lot of fundies, and they all say they won't vote for Guliani (or anyone who is pro-choice)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies