Complete reforms of electoral process and congressional branches (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:17:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process (Moderator: muon2)
  Complete reforms of electoral process and congressional branches (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Complete reforms of electoral process and congressional branches  (Read 2597 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: July 18, 2021, 09:58:23 PM »

The house needs to be Cube Root Rule and then needs independent redistricting or some form of PR.

There is no mention of campaign finance here and that is probably among the biggest problems we have.

I prefer "Cube Root Rule minus Senate" for size of House, since Cube Root Rule is supposed to be the ideal size of a legislature, not of a lower house. Assuming DC + PR statehood and keeping 2 Sens per State, so 104 Sens:

692 is cube root. 104 Senators, 588 House members.

No 23rd Amendment since DC Statehood, so 692 EVs, as well, if we're keeping Electoral College.

I like this way better than 692 + 104 = 796 EVs. 588 House Members is also much more manageable for actual House purposes: it's basically a 1/3rd increase in current size.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2021, 03:32:46 PM »

If we're fixing the Supreme Court and can do it without worrying about the current Constitution, I'd much rather have a mandatory retirement age of 75 rather than term limits of a fixed year length.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies