The Gathering Storm - Gameplay Thread (Late 1939) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:45:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Gathering Storm - Gameplay Thread (Late 1939) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Gathering Storm - Gameplay Thread (Late 1939)  (Read 2068 times)
RGM2609
« on: July 17, 2021, 06:19:35 AM »

Internal government note

It has come to my attention that the health of Prime Minister Miron Cristea has been rapidly deteriorating. He is, unfortunately, unlikely to make it to summer. Many voices call for him to be replaced as soon as possible. After a long thought process, I have decided that he should not be replaced until he passes away. Then, and only then, will I name another Prime Minister.

King Carol II Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen
RGM2609
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2021, 01:06:21 PM »

According to a Royal Decree, signed on January 17th, 1939, the Government shall begin efforts to fortify, as best as the current budget allows, Bessarabia and Bukovina against any foreign threats. The project will be heavily inspired by the French Maginot Line and will seek to resemble it within budgetary constraints. The contracts shall be assigned primarily to Romanian companies in order to boost internal production.
RGM2609
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2021, 02:40:58 PM »

Secret Royal Decision -

Once Prime Minister Cristea passes away, he shall be replaced by Alexandru Vaida-Voevod. This change shall be accompanied by a large reshuffle of the government.
RGM2609
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 10:33:36 AM »

British turn - Domestic policy

In response to many clamoring domestic policy initiatives from the Chamberlain Government, the National Government will draft and propose to the House of Commons legislation raising the school-leaving age to 15.

Privately, Neville Chamberlain has decided he will not seek another term as Prime Minister and will resign in October or November 1939, in order to allow his successor to build some popularity before the election. This decision was communicated to leaders of the Conservative Party and now the search for prospective candidates will begin. Chamberlain will spend his final months in office hoping to leave a strong legacy behind, by solving the crisis in Palestine, raising the school-leaving age, taking a stance on the Spanish situation and expanding Britain's alliances across the world
RGM2609
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 05:39:17 PM »

The United Kingdom will send all help that is required to France in managing the refugee crisis and will allow refugees that can not be resettled in France and are willing to come to Britain to do so.
RGM2609
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2021, 05:53:01 PM »

British turn - Military spending

Prime Minister Chamberlain has declared to the members of Cabinet concerned about further military spending that he is happy with what he has achieved by implementing conscription and starting rearmament and that there should be no significant changes regarding military spending for the rest of his tenure unless the situation requires it
RGM2609
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2021, 08:51:18 AM »

Following negotiations with the Italian government, Britain and Italy have agreed to sign a non-aggression pact with each other. Britain will also cede Cyprus, an island with significant Italian communities, and British Somaliland, which is a colony without resources surrounded by Italian colonies, to Italy. Neville Chamberlain, now on his final months as Prime Minister, has praised the agreement, calling it a critical step towards ensuring permanent peace in the Mediterranean.
RGM2609
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2021, 10:44:39 PM »

The United Kingdom has decided to recognize the Spanish State, exchange embassadors and sent aid within budgetary constraints for humanitarian purposes. It will also propose a larger package for Spain in the League of Nations. The two governments have also signed a non-aggression pact.
RGM2609
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2021, 07:06:46 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2021, 04:18:28 AM by RGM2609 »

Neville Chamberlain has announced in early October that his chosen successor is Baron Frederic Maugham, the current Lord High Chancellor of Great Britain. Chamberlain called Maugham a great public servant and a competent administrator. He said that he leaves the Prime Ministership in peace, knowing the country will be in good hands and will be lead by a Prime Minister who will continue his policies. Chamberlain will officially resign on November 9th.
RGM2609
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2021, 11:20:12 AM »
« Edited: August 15, 2021, 11:24:16 AM by RGM2609 »

Neville Chamberlain addresses the violence in Palestine

Mr fellow countrymen,

Few crises have been more difficult to solve than the revolts currently happening in Palestine. However, I do not want to leave this complex matter for my successor to solve, and I will do my best to restore peace before the end of my term. It is clear now, more than maybe ever, that to split the state of Palestine peacefully is not possible, and we will not attempt to do so forcefully. Thus, we disavow all intentions of splitting Palestine based on ethnicity. It is also clear that, given its instability and violence, Palestine can not be, for now, the Jewish National Home that the Jews truly deserve. However, we can not let the Jewish minority continue to be oppressed in states that view them as subhumans. Thus, I have decided the following -

Palestine will be closed to immigration from now on. All Jews curently there will have the opportunity to leave or stay, but shall they stay, they shall enjoy the same rights as Arabs. From now on, Jews shall immigrate to the Uganda Protectorate and Kenya Colony. Those shall be open to unlimited immigration and there, Jews will be able to enjoy life without fear of violence or oppression. We also call on to other free and democratic states to raise their refugee quotas to solve the Jewish humanitarian crisis. Thank you, and hopefully God will bring peace to Palestine.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies