Is demonizing the "religious right" counterpoductive? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:17:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is demonizing the "religious right" counterpoductive? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is demonizing the "religious right" counterpoductive?  (Read 2607 times)
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: July 20, 2021, 09:23:15 PM »

It's strange - this whole conversation with the religious right and the culture wars - because I do feel religion encompasses so many things.  There are so many themes and issues in the Christian Bible - so much there to talk about...

and yet when we talk about it nowadays it feels to me that it has become almost entirely consumed with gay marriage, gay intimacy, trans kids, etc.

Very odd to me how strongly associated Christianity is now with that community because they have been characterized as enemies in the culture war for so long... and yet there are so many Christians, millions of them actually, who truly believe in marriage equality, in the rights of trans kids, and so forth... but their voices are drowned out by the media's obsession with the leading antigay evangelical leaders.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 04:40:24 PM »

The religious right has so much power in the Republican Party that even though its a laughable menace and quite weakened, it's still a threat so it has to be assailed at every opportunity.  It's that dangerous.  Religious fundamentalism is a cancer on the world.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies