People of the Repubic of Atlasia v. Louisville Thunder (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:47:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  People of the Repubic of Atlasia v. Louisville Thunder (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: People of the Repubic of Atlasia v. Louisville Thunder  (Read 1621 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: July 13, 2021, 06:21:47 AM »

Dear Justices

By the powers vested on me by President SevenEleven on Executive Order 53-002, I hereby charge citizen Louisville Thunder with the crime of Doxxing; under the provisions laid upon by the latest revision of the criminal code of Atlasia; as defined by the Real Life Protections Criminal Code Reform Act.

For your convenience and the convenience of the public, here is the definition of the charge being filed

(n) Doxxing. This offense shall be defined as the disclosal of the personal information of any user of the Atlas Forum either obtained illegally or posted against their will by a citizen of Atlasia.

Similarly, for your convenience and the convenience of the public, here is a rundown of the rules regarding criminal prosecutions in Atlasia, as defined by Sections 4-6 of the Criminal Justice Act of 2016

Spoiler alert! Click Show to show the content.

The Constitution of Atlasia also governs criminal trials as defined in Article I, Section 10

Quote from: Article I, Section 10 of the Constitution of Atlasia
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall have right to a speedy and public trial by an impartial jury of their peers in the Region wherein the crime shall have been committed, to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation, to be confronted with the witnesses against him, to have a compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel in his defense.

Pursuant to the above, I thus request that the Supreme Court promptly assign a Justice to preside over this trial, empanel a jury of the defendant’s peers as legally required, and to propose a manner I may submit evidence and call witnesses so that the presiding Justice may determine its admissibility.

I have informed the defendant of the charges against him and of his right to legal counsel.

I thank the Court for its time and hope for an efficient and transparent trial.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 11:51:37 AM »

I will object to the presence of TPH and West Midlander oon the jury for now
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 11:48:16 AM »

Sorry for the delays. I am starting to find that this case might exceed my capabilities and honestly I've lost a bit of the energy. I am considering resigning as lawyer for this case even; but I worry a bit about the logistics of it all (and of course we'd need a replacement)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies