PA 13
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 07:57:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA 13
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 68
Author Topic: PA 13  (Read 329412 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #900 on: January 24, 2005, 01:50:26 AM »

One thing I don't get with this area in general though.  It seems the more affluent areas are more socially liberal in PA 13.  This also includes Bustleton, Pine Valley, and Somerton as well along with Montco.  This is of course a generalization.     

I think Somerton would probably be socially conservative. Pine Valley...not sure. Bustleton - liberal.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #901 on: January 24, 2005, 01:56:20 AM »

Just your opinion Keystone about NE Philly (generally north of Frankford Creek, but I'll include Juniata, Port Richmond, and Fishtown) :

1. Most liberal section:
2. Most conservative:
3. Most populist:
4. Most libertarian:

my answers

1. Oxford Circle
2. Fox Chase
3. Bridesburg
4. Pine Valley

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #902 on: January 24, 2005, 02:04:00 AM »

Just your opinion Keystone about NE Philly (generally north of Frankford Creek, but I'll include Juniata, Port Richmond, and Fishtown) :

1. Most liberal section:
2. Most conservative:
3. Most populist:
4. Most libertarian:

my answers

1. Oxford Circle
2. Fox Chase
3. Bridesburg
4. Pine Valley

Most Liberal - Buselton
Most Conservative - Fox Chase
Most Populist - Bridesburg
Most Libertarian - Not really sure to be honest.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #903 on: January 24, 2005, 02:14:37 AM »

1. Most liberal section:
2. Most conservative:
3. Most populist:
4. Most libertarian:

my answers

1. Oxford Circle
2. Fox Chase
3. Bridesburg
4. Pine Valley

Most Liberal - Buselton
Most Conservative - Fox Chase
Most Populist - Bridesburg
Most Libertarian - Not really sure to be honest.

Trust me, Oxford Circle/Castor Gardens is moreso.  Largely on economics though.  Libertarian you are right though- there aren't really any. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #904 on: February 03, 2005, 03:20:01 PM »

Well now this is interesting...

From PoliticsPA

Schwartz Invites Potential 2006 Challenger to State of the Union

"I was honored that Al Taubenberger accepted my invitation to attend the State of the Union as my special guest. I look forward to working with him on increasing economic development in Northeast Philadelphia and helping local small business owners," said Congresswoman Allyson Schwartz
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #905 on: February 04, 2005, 04:01:25 AM »

From PoliticsPA

"I was honored that Al Taubenberger accepted my invitation to attend the State of the Union as my special guest. I look forward to working with him on increasing economic development in Northeast Philadelphia and helping local small business owners," said Congresswoman Allyson Schwartz

Yeah, I agree.  They are polar opposites.  Well I knew Allyson would be bipartisan.  Keystone, from what I'm hearing from people, she won't be as liberal as you think.  Granted, she is one as am I.  I have no problem with that at all!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #906 on: February 07, 2005, 09:58:03 PM »

From PoliticsPA

Yeah, I agree.  They are polar opposites.  Well I knew Allyson would be bipartisan.  Keystone, from what I'm hearing from people, she won't be as liberal as you think.  Granted, she is one as am I.  I have no problem with that at all!

I won't say that she's a bipartisan just yet. Was this a nice move? Yes, I'll give her that.

Flyers, don't think that I want Schwartz to be as liberal as I'm saying she will be. I don't want people to look at PA 13 and think it's part of San Francisco. However, the fact of the matter is, Schwartz was one of the most liberal members (if not, the most liberal member of the PA State Senate) and she'll be to your left in Congress.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #907 on: February 08, 2005, 02:10:13 AM »
« Edited: February 08, 2005, 02:11:51 AM by Flyers2005 »

From PoliticsPA

I won't say that she's a bipartisan just yet. Was this a nice move? Yes, I'll give her that.

Flyers, don't think that I want Schwartz to be as liberal as I'm saying she will be. I don't want people to look at PA 13 and think it's part of San Francisco. However, the fact of the matter is, Schwartz was one of the most liberal members (if not, the most liberal member of the PA State Senate) and she'll be to your left in Congress.

I know PA 13 is not San Francisco, but admit it we are one of the more liberal areas of the country.  We are to the left of Evan Bayh, Joe Lieberman and Bob Casey.  Sorry, I know you're conservative, but there are a lot of lefties and moderates in PA 13.  Conservatives are more of a prescence and might I add more vocal in PA 13 than in CA 8 or CA 12.  I will admit Joe Torsella is more representative of PA 13 than Allyson Schwartz in ideology, but that is basically moderate liberal pushing centrist.   
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #908 on: February 08, 2005, 03:19:59 PM »

From PoliticsPA

I know PA 13 is not San Francisco, but admit it we are one of the more liberal areas of the country. 

We're one of the most liberal areas of the country? I know we have plenty of liberals and moderates but your statement is ridiculous.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #909 on: February 21, 2005, 03:00:08 AM »

Bump.  Forgot to say, PA 13 is left of center.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #910 on: February 21, 2005, 07:24:37 AM »

Bump.  Forgot to say, PA 13 is left of center.

Wow you're an ass.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #911 on: February 22, 2005, 12:54:53 AM »

DELETE THIS THREAD DAVE!
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #912 on: February 22, 2005, 02:50:52 AM »

So is Rick Santorum.  Your point?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #913 on: February 22, 2005, 02:03:08 PM »

Wow. That was too good for me! Now watch this...so is Allyson Schwartz! Do we really want this thread to become personal attack thread? No. Do we really want to provoke each other? No. So I suggest we stop.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #914 on: February 22, 2005, 04:35:24 PM »

Do we really want this thread to become personal attack thread? No. Do we really want to provoke each other? No. So I suggest we stop.

And the rest of the forum concurs!

Oh New Federalist. The rest of the forum wants PA 13 gone. PA 13 is going no where!  Smiley
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #915 on: February 22, 2005, 07:23:57 PM »

Its said PA 13 is among the top 10 of the toss up house races in the Country. The way it looks in the District, Melissa Brown has it in the bag. Any thoughts?

This is the post that started the whole thing. Amazing, isn't it?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #916 on: February 22, 2005, 07:28:56 PM »

Its said PA 13 is among the top 10 of the toss up house races in the Country. The way it looks in the District, Melissa Brown has it in the bag. Any thoughts?

Yeah that was a friend of mine who volunteered on the Brown campaign also. At the time, we honestly did think this seat was in the bag. PA 13 would be a definite GOP pickup in our eyes. Then Flyers2005, who is also from the same district (same area of the city actually) found the thread and then the debate began. Politics is very interesting around here. That's why we are able to have a 60 page debate.  Smiley
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #917 on: February 22, 2005, 07:58:19 PM »

I just found out that several members of my family live in PA 13 and PA 8.  Our family reunions are held in PA most of the time, thats the only time I ever see these people.  Unfortuntely I haven't seen them in a few years and don't know there political views. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #918 on: February 22, 2005, 08:08:31 PM »

I just found out that several members of my family live in PA 13 and PA 8.  Our family reunions are held in PA most of the time, thats the only time I ever see these people.  Unfortuntely I haven't seen them in a few years and don't know there political views. 

See. There's a bit of PA 13 in everyone!
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #919 on: February 22, 2005, 08:26:40 PM »

See. There's a bit of PA 13 in everyone!

Not me, and I hope to keep it that way. Tongue
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #920 on: February 23, 2005, 04:01:23 AM »

Yeah that was a friend of mine who volunteered on the Brown campaign also. At the time, we honestly did think this seat was in the bag. PA 13 would be a definite GOP pickup in our eyes. Then Flyers2005, who is also from the same district (same area of the city actually) found the thread and then the debate began. Politics is very interesting around here. That's why we are able to have a 60 page debate.  Smiley

Yeah, I had an original PA 13 back in April 2004 before the primaries.  It was actually a poll between Schwartz, Torsella, Bard, Brown, and Taubenberger.  Unfortunately that one died out until KeystonePhil and TeenGOP joined us. 

This thread will continue for a long while.  Get used to it! 
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #921 on: March 13, 2005, 05:41:19 PM »

page 3 Shocked  BUMP
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #922 on: March 13, 2005, 05:48:28 PM »

What?

For those wondering, PA 13 debates will likely start up again towards the end of this year or definetley the beginning of next year (for the GOP primary).
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #923 on: March 13, 2005, 05:55:10 PM »

What?

For those wondering, PA 13 debates will likely start up again towards the end of this year or definetley the beginning of next year (for the GOP primary).

It was on page 3
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #924 on: March 13, 2005, 05:56:13 PM »

What?

It was on page 3

Yeah. That should have been expected. There's not much to discuss as of now but like I said, wait until later in the year for debate to pick up.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 68  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies