PA 13
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 09:20:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA 13
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 68
Author Topic: PA 13  (Read 329820 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: September 24, 2004, 01:01:07 PM »

Hey IrishDem, that Libertarian guy running for Congress launched his site. He looks like he's taking himself way too seriously. They are actually including him in the debate hosted by the NE Times! They're also including McDermott which I find to be the biggest waste (not for the reason that he's more likely to take votes away from Brown than Schwartz, but because he's not serious at all. This is...what...his 8th time running for office? Maybe more?)

Yeah, this McDermott character is our Nader in this race Smiley!  I think he ran for every possible office there was including this seat twice, mayor in 2003, and a few state races.  Someone I know met him on the EL and he said he has rotten teeth.  He actually called Brown and Schwartz "liberal twins.  You only need to bring one of them to a debate."    

McDermott was kicked off the 2003 ballot. Some of the signatures he collected included "Long John Silver" and "Russ T. Bedspread." And no, that's not a joke.

For him to call Brown and Schwartz liberal twins is pretty foolish. He obviously doesn't know where Brown stands on the issues and is running for the sake of getting attention. Like you said, this guy has run for almost every office. He is a joke.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #576 on: September 24, 2004, 01:02:38 PM »

Poll: Schwartz has 11-point lead over Brown

Wow, Keystone!  I thought it was going to be MUCH tighter.  A Commanding 51-27 lead in the city??? I never thought I'd be seeing that considering Melissa Brown is SO great on Section 8.  Yeah dude, people are more worried about their wallets and their futures than some petty BS.   Kerry even has an even more commanding lead over Bush districtwide so I think the undecieds will break for Schwartz.  Now, do you guys still have a chance.. ABSOLUTELY.  I think it's make or break on the debates between Kerry and Bush.  If Kerry wins.. Start worrying about PA-8!  I'd go up to Bucks if I were you to volunteer for Fitzy.  If Bush wins (somehow I doubt it).. PA-13 will tighten.

This isn't even worthy of a response. I mean come on, IrishDem. You and I both know Schwartz doesn't have an 11 point lead. If she is leading, it by 4 or 5 points AT THE MOST. Terrible poll.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #577 on: September 24, 2004, 01:04:32 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2004, 01:21:12 PM by Keystone Phil »

Yeah dude, people are more worried about their wallets and their futures than some petty BS.  

Petty BS? Do you volunteer for Schwartz? If you don't, please sign up and go door to door and say that it's petty BS. Then I'll thank you for assuring a Brown victory.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #578 on: September 24, 2004, 01:34:42 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2004, 01:35:32 PM by Senator IrishDemocrat »

Yeah dude, people are more worried about their wallets and their futures than some petty BS.  

Petty BS? Do you volunteer for Schwartz? If you don't, please sign up and go door to door and say that it's petty BS. Then I'll thank you for assuring a Brown victory.

Do you know what the word "RELATIVELY" means?  If not look it up in the dictionary.  I know more people support Schwartz's positions on the economy more so than Melissa Brown's.  Melissa Brown is using Section 8 as a political football to stir up votes she could never get.  The right wing media does this very well.  Someone back in 2000 took a poll on specific issues and it was found that issue to issue, Gore would have won by 20 points.  The smear attacks, single-issue (abortion) and the "likeabilty" crap propelled Bush to victory.  The neo-cons have been planning this for years under Clinton.  Melissa Brown is no different.  She is spooking us into voting for her via Section 8.  I don't mean to bring up the KKK analogy, but the KKK was basically a tool rich, Southern whites used to get poor whites oin their side.  Same concept applies to Dust Bowl migrants that emigrated from the Plains to California in the 1930s.  Wealthy growers stirred up racial hatred and had the white "Okies and Arkies" thinking the Mexicans and blacks were the cause of their misery.  Same concept applies to Northeast Philadelphia and Melissa Brown on a more subtle, tactful scale.    
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #579 on: September 24, 2004, 01:39:12 PM »

Do you know what the word "RELATIVELY" means?  If not look it up in the dictionary.  I know more people support Schwartz's positions on the economy more so than Melissa Brown's.  Melissa Brown is using Section 8 as a political football to stir up votes she could never get.  The right wing media does this very well.  Someone back in 2000 took a poll on specific issues and it was found that issue to issue, Gore would have won by 20 points.  The smear attacks, single-issue (abortion) and the "likeabilty" crap propelled Bush to victory.  The neo-cons have been planning this for years under Clinton.  Melissa Brown is no different.  She is spooking us into voting for her via Section 8.  I don't mean to bring up the KKK analogy, but the KKK was basically a tool rich, Southern whites used to get poor whites oin their side.  Same concept applies to Dust Bowl migrants that emigrated from the Plains to California in the 1930s.  Wealthy growers stirred up racial hatred and had the white "Okies and Arkies" thinking the Mexicans and blacks were the cause of their misery.  Same concept applies to Northeast Philadelphia and Melissa Brown on a more subtle, tactful scale.    

Let me ask you this, and I know you don't like to answer questions directly...it's obviously very difficult for you but I'll try it anyway...

Would you go door to door for Allyson Schwartz's campaign for Congress and tell a Northeast Philadelphia voter that the Section 8 issue is "petty BS?"

YOU might think it's petty BS but don't say "the people" think it's petty.

Another question: Do you honestly believe Allyson Schwartz is up 11 points in this race?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #580 on: September 24, 2004, 01:44:41 PM »

She is spooking us into voting for her via Section 8.  

How is she spooking you? Oh are you going to pull the "she's playing the race card" line again? I bet you are so I'll give the response I have been giving for the past three months: Melissa Brown has told these voters on numerous occassions that Section 8 is not based on race. I'm so tired of listening to people like you telling voters that she's running a "racist campaign" when she has stated her position over and over again. Give it up.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #581 on: September 24, 2004, 04:54:21 PM »

Let me ask you this, and I know you don't like to answer questions directly...it's obviously very difficult for you but I'll try it anyway...

Would you go door to door for Allyson Schwartz's campaign for Congress and tell a Northeast Philadelphia voter that the Section 8 issue is "petty BS?"

Another question: Do you honestly believe Allyson Schwartz is up 11 points in this race?

You know where I stand on Section 8.  I would go door-to-door and say things like "I support Allyson Schwartz because I think her vote is in mine and your best interests" or "Allyson Schwartz is an accomplished legislator who founded Pennsylvanian's CHIP program as opposed to Melissa Brown who has never held political office and has lost 4 times.  All she can do is criticize.  I feel Allyson knows how to get thigns done."  If asked about Section 8 I would say "Allyson supports a mortatorium until the program is fixed, supports booting criminal tenantsm, and making absentee landlords  more accountable.  I too support these positions.  The differenmce between Ms. Schwartz and Ms. Brown is Ms. Brown would give another rubber stamp for the failed Bush-Cheney agenda, which I oppose."  I would be more specific if asked.  
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #582 on: September 24, 2004, 07:59:06 PM »

You know where I stand on Section 8.  I would go door-to-door and say things like "I support Allyson Schwartz because I think her vote is in mine and your best interests" or "Allyson Schwartz is an accomplished legislator who founded Pennsylvanian's CHIP program as opposed to Melissa Brown who has never held political office and has lost 4 times.  All she can do is criticize.  I feel Allyson knows how to get thigns done."  If asked about Section 8 I would say "Allyson supports a mortatorium until the program is fixed, supports booting criminal tenantsm, and making absentee landlords  more accountable.  I too support these positions.  The differenmce between Ms. Schwartz and Ms. Brown is Ms. Brown would give another rubber stamp for the failed Bush-Cheney agenda, which I oppose."  I would be more specific if asked.  

First off, Melissa Brown is no rubber stamp. Yes she supports the Bush tax cuts and other Bush policies but she is no rubber stamp. Secondly, you and I both know if Schwartz got elected to Congress she wouldn't spend a minute on Section 8 reform. You want to believe that she would but in reality the only reason she put out that press release was to make it seem like she was concerned about this issue. Voters will see right through it.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #583 on: September 24, 2004, 08:05:44 PM »

The only thing I'm seeing through is Melissa Brown's BS.  There is a lot of it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #584 on: September 24, 2004, 08:08:08 PM »

Right...And what "BS" is that exactly?

(I'll probably have to answer this question about six more times since you can't answer a direct question. Another reason is that you make up a lot of this so I guess I can understand why you can't answer.)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #585 on: September 26, 2004, 01:47:57 AM »

(I'll probably have to answer this question about six more times since you can't answer a direct question. Another reason is that you make up a lot of this so I guess I can understand why you can't answer.)

Her whole campaign is a huge smokescreen to get working white voters in Northeast Philadelphia to stop worrying about their jobs and how they are going to pay their kids college and focuses on Section 8.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #586 on: September 26, 2004, 06:58:36 AM »

Her whole campaign is a huge smokescreen to get working white voters in Northeast Philadelphia to stop worrying about their jobs and how they are going to pay their kids college and focuses on Section 8.

Are you trying to tell me this hasn't already been a concern for voters in these areas and that they haven't been worrying about this already? People are already focused on this issue. Learn alittle more about the people around here.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #587 on: September 26, 2004, 11:11:27 AM »

For about the 1000th I know it's a concern.  There are others however.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #588 on: September 26, 2004, 12:44:20 PM »

I know there are other concerns and Brown is addressing them. Stop acting like Brown is only talking about Section 8.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #589 on: September 26, 2004, 01:29:35 PM »

I know there are other concerns and Brown is addressing them. Stop acting like Brown is only talking about Section 8.

I know her other issues and I don't agree with her stances on them.  I know a lot of NE Phialdelphians agree on parts and disagree on others.  
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #590 on: September 26, 2004, 01:34:47 PM »

I know her other issues and I don't agree with her stances on them.  

I know that but that's not the point. Often I hear that Brown's only issue is Section 8. Not true, not true at all.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #591 on: September 26, 2004, 01:35:44 PM »

Section 8 IS her catalyst for winning Northeast Philadelphia and you know it!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #592 on: September 26, 2004, 01:37:04 PM »

It's the big issue here, IrishDem and you know it! But that doesn't mean it's her only issue.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #593 on: September 26, 2004, 03:21:25 PM »

It's the big issue here, IrishDem and you know it! But that doesn't mean it's her only issue.

It's a big issue, but I've heard people say they agree with Schwartz more on other issues as do I.  However, I don't feel the Dems have been asleep at the wheel on it either.  
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #594 on: September 27, 2004, 09:59:42 PM »

Remind me to apply for Section 8 Housing and move into Northeast Philadelphia.  :-)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #595 on: September 28, 2004, 01:24:34 AM »

Remind me to apply for Section 8 Housing and move into Northeast Philadelphia.  :-)

I don't know if KeystonePhil would like that.  And with Melissa Brown in office, you may be on the Street.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #596 on: September 28, 2004, 01:26:03 AM »

Here's a little bedtime reading:

Come Clean Melissa Brown:

Unseal the Fraud and Conspiracy Settlement Records of Your Health Insurance Company

PHILADELPHIA – Earlier today, Ken Morley, Schwartz for Congress campaign manager, demanded that Melissa Brown come clean to the voters of Northeast Philadelphia and Montgomery County and disclose the sealed settlement records in the suit brought against her failed health insurance company for fraud and conspiracy.

“Melissa Brown must unseal the closed settlement records. The voters have a right to know how much Brown’s fraudulent healthcare company cost Pennsylvanians,” said Morley.

In 1995 Melissa Brown and other doctors founded the Pennsylvania Physician Healthcare Plan (PPHP). A mere four years later, in the fall of 1999, the health insurance company failed, resulting in over 2,450 people - many of them patients and doctors - being left with over $5 million in unpaid bills.  

According to a 2000 Physician’s News Digest news article, “Not withstanding their contractual obligation to do so, some participating physicians of Physicians Care began denying treatment [to patients] (most likely out of fear of non-payment for the treatment) almost immediately after the Commonwealth Court’s Order to liquidate Physician’s Care.”

“Patients were actually denied treatment from their doctors. How many people couldn’t get the healthcare they needed - after paying Brown's company for insurance - because of the company’s failure?  We won't know until Brown comes clean,” said Morley.

Under Governor Ridge's administration, the Pennsylvania Department of Insurance took over the failed company in the fall of 1999. In January 2000 the Insurance Department, headed by Republican-appointed Diane Koken, filed a lawsuit alleging that company officials fraudulently removed approximately $614,000 from the financially strapped plan to help pay lavish executive severance packages – and then conspired to hide their actions.

Thirteen of the executives and board directors named in the suit have made substantial political contributions to support Brown in her failed campaigns for Congress.

"Patient healthcare bills went unpaid while board members and executives got big payouts, and then those same executives make big contributions back to Melissa Brown.  How can you trust a candidate who saw nothing wrong with putting $2 million of her money into her political campaigns, while she left thousands of patients and doctors with over $5 million in bills?” asked Morley.

Charges brought against Melissa Brown’s company by the Commonwealth included conspiracy and fraud. The case was settled in March of 2003, with the records of the closed settlement sealed. According to the Pennsylvania Insurance Department, the records of the case are "shrink-wrapped, packaged, and headed for destruction."

“Melissa Brown has said that healthcare is the number one issue in this campaign. We agree. The choice is this election is crystal clear. You can vote for a candidate who has been called a national leader on healthcare. A candidate who has stood up to the big insurance companies. Or you can vote for a candidate who founded an insurance company that was sued by Pennsylvania for fraud and conspiracy and left thousands of patients holding the bill, ” said Morley.

Told you Keystone!  Section 8 isn't her only issue, eh?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #597 on: September 28, 2004, 03:19:12 PM »

I don't know if KeystonePhil would like that.  And with Melissa Brown in office, you may be on the Street.

Well you know that stuff is false and you're really beginning to get on my nerves about it. Let me make it clear to you since you obviously don't know what you're talking about. Melissa Brown does not want to eliminate Section 8. I know you Dems want to use that but it's false. And how do you explain this quote regarding Section 8 from everyone's favorite do nothing State Senator Mike Stack, "If it were up to me, I'd outlaw it."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #598 on: September 28, 2004, 03:20:38 PM »

“Melissa Brown has said that healthcare is the number one issue in this campaign. We agree.

Told you Keystone!  Section 8 isn't her only issue, eh?

It isn't her only issue and you're post just proved that. If the Schwartz campaign can admit that she's focusing on other issues, why can't you?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #599 on: September 28, 2004, 05:17:07 PM »

Sorry I trolled this, but I couldn't resist.  I know very few people in my neighborhood who want a crack addict or armed robber to move in next door.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 68  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies