Barry Goldwater

(1/9) > >>

Conan:
Anyone watch the HBO special on Barry Goldwater? It was really good and it's title is Mr. Conservative.  It goes over his life and the conservative movement. Also it shows how conservatism has changed over the years. It showed how compared to today he would be a liberal/moderate republican. This is interesting because he used to be part of the radical right.

Inmate Trump:
I watched it.  It was pretty good.

YRABNNRM:
I caught the last hour. It was really well done and showed how much of a great man Goldwater was and how much undeserved negativity he recieved.

Goldwater was a true Republican and a true conservative. That one commentator was correct when he said that Goldwater would be appauled by the GOP today and by the fact that so many use his name in defense of views that he would be on the opposite side of.

Quote from: conan on September 18, 2006, 09:22:38 PM

Also it shows how conservatism has changed over the years. It showed how compared to today he would be a liberal/moderate republican. This is interesting because he used to be part of the radical right.

It's quite sad to see how far the GOP has moved from it's key ideals.

adam:
A book I read by John W. Dean entitled "Conservatives Without Conscience" makes a lot of references to Goldwater. I don't really know much about him, but he sounds like a fantastic person and a true conservative.

YRABNNRM:
Quote from: Captain Vlad on September 18, 2006, 09:34:50 PM

A book I read by John W. Dean entitled "Conservatives Without Conscience" makes a lot of references to Goldwater. I don't really know much about him, but he sounds like a fantastic person and a true conservative.

Dean was featured alot on his program. He was best friends with Goldwater's son.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page