SB 104-06: Global Corporate Taxation Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:12:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 104-06: Global Corporate Taxation Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 104-06: Global Corporate Taxation Act (Passed)  (Read 2007 times)
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« on: July 22, 2021, 03:06:24 PM »

I agree with Senator Scott here. I'm not sure what the GM could possibly say that would change any minds on this vote. We know that the multilateral agreement exists. Do you support tax havens or not? Don't hide behind the GM. The tax doesn't go into effect for years so any revenue projections will be lofty at best.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 04:03:36 AM »

Okay I see what happened here.

If an amendment is offered to add extra clarification, I don't think that is overly problematic. Since this is a tax that won't even be implemented for a while, we don't necessarily need to rush. I am confident that the Senate can come to an agreement that works for everyone.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 05:44:23 AM »

Okay I see what happened here.

If an amendment is offered to add extra clarification, I don't think that is overly problematic. Since this is a tax that won't even be implemented for a while, we don't necessarily need to rush. I am confident that the Senate can come to an agreement that works for everyone.

It is a huge pet peeve of mine when everyone wants to submit an amendment after being told that a vote is about to start.

Anyway. Ending the cloture vote.

Oh, I understand. The bill did sit unaddressed for nearly a week.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies