CT GOV 2022: Brian Cashman vs. Gov. Ned Lamont
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:42:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  CT GOV 2022: Brian Cashman vs. Gov. Ned Lamont
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who wins this matchup?
Brian Cashman (R-Conn.)

Gov. Ned Lamont (D-Conn.)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 7

Author Topic: CT GOV 2022: Brian Cashman vs. Gov. Ned Lamont  (Read 902 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 06, 2021, 11:30:35 AM »

Brian Cashman resigns as New York Yankees general manager after 24 years (1998-2022). Cashman, a staunch economic conservative, runs for Connecticut governor against Gov. Ned Lamont....

Who wins?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 11:39:39 AM »

I think it's more likely that Cashman gets fired if the Yankees miss the playoffs than he resigns to run for Governor of Connecticut.

As for running for elected office, Connecticut is part of Red Sox Nation. Cashman wouldn't win there, no matter party he affiliated with.

He'd be better off carpetbagging across the New York State line and trying to run against Cuomo.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 12:37:31 PM »

I think it's more likely that Cashman gets fired if the Yankees miss the playoffs than he resigns to run for Governor of Connecticut.

As for running for elected office, Connecticut is part of Red Sox Nation. Cashman wouldn't win there, no matter party he affiliated with.

He'd be better off carpetbagging across the New York State line and trying to run against Cuomo.

I think he stays on--if he is fired, he gets demoted to adviser to Steinbrenner---the Steinbrenner family and Cashman go way back---they are like family. Cashman's father, John, helped him get a job in the Yankees organization and he worked his way up in the Yankees organization.....
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 12:38:25 PM »

He could move to Westchester or Putnam....could he win against Cuomo?

He is a friend of Brett Kavanaugh and Neil Gorsuch....
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2021, 12:42:56 PM »

He might win a Democratic Primary and leave Cuomo with the Working Families line if he chose to run as a Democrat. But if he chose to run as a Republican, he'd have no chance.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2021, 04:36:09 PM »

He might win a Democratic Primary and leave Cuomo with the Working Families line if he chose to run as a Democrat. But if he chose to run as a Republican, he'd have no chance.

He does work with the homeless for the Yankees, so I would probably say that he is a moderate Republican, he donated money to the Paul Ryan PAC....so he is a moderate Republican in that mold....
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies