Something pretty damn amazing I just discovered about the Mankato area

(1/2) > >>

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better:
I recently embarked on one of my most ambitious projects yet, to calculate how every legislative district in Minnesota voted in 2004 with the Bush/Kerry numbers. The first one I did of course was District 23, my own district. The numbers I got were actually pretty shocking. To explain the districts, in Minnesota the state is divided into 67 Senate district. Each district is then divided in half, each half being a House district, and labeled by the number and then an A or B.

Anyway, the numbers:

23A (North Mankato + St. Peter + rurals) - Bush 50.82%/Kerry 47.96%
23B (Mankato proper + a few crappy rural/suburban areas) - Kerry 54.14%/Bush 44.29%

And the district as a whole: Kerry 51.09%/Bush 47.51%
And the state of Minnesota as a whole: Kerry 51.09%/Bush 47.61%

Seriously, that closeness is almost erie.

Bellwether district? It'll definitely be interesting to compare the Klobuchar/Kennedy numbers to the numbers statewide. But I was pretty shocked by those numbers, I never had any clue I lived somewhere THAT close to the state as a whole.

Wow, and this is a district just to the west:

25: Kerry 51.10%/Bush 47.50%

Just .01% off for each candidate in a bordering district!

13/67 done so far by the way. I just realized how much hell it is to do those non-Duluth districts in St. Louis county...

Nym90:
That is quite amazing it would be that close of a match, literally matching the Kerry percentage to the nearest hundreth of a percent.

I reckon that's close enough that your vote alone might have been the one to put it at even parity.

Kerry got 21,955 votes, so no.

Anyone one precinct though could've made the difference.

nclib:
What were the results for the city of Mankato? (it sounds like it's pretty liberal)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page