Does the decline of religiosity in society bother you? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:32:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Does the decline of religiosity in society bother you? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 85

Author Topic: Does the decline of religiosity in society bother you?  (Read 2401 times)
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« on: July 05, 2021, 03:10:08 AM »

Not really. While I wish everyone would follow Christ, the present manifestation of organized religion in modern society adds very little value to society or to people's souls. Perhaps if religious organizations were less defined by social conservatism, and took a greater interest in being a force for good in the world, then their decline would be a greater tragedy. I'm not saying organized religion has to start supporting the Democratic Party or start jumping on every woke bandwagon that pops up the way corporations do, or even change their stance on things like abortion (they can remain pro-life for example), but when you have Evangelicals as the biggest supporters of a moral nihilist like Trump it kind of shows why people aren't attracted to their message.
Exactly. I tend to think people who are very religious tend to have trouble accepting democracy as a thing. Also, I tend to see organized religions as one in the same. I personally find it hypocritical to oppose the Taliban yet want a milder version of what the Taliban have right here.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 06:35:31 PM »

Exactly. I tend to think people who are very religious tend to have trouble accepting democracy as a thing. Also, I tend to see organized religions as one in the same. I personally find it hypocritical to oppose the Taliban yet want a milder version of what the Taliban have right here.
MLK III: Basically The Taliban
Roy Moore wants to ban gay sex for instance. He wants the ten commandments to be law.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2021, 06:41:14 AM »

No because religiosity does not correlate with goodness or kindness or even purity... it never has and is certainly does not in today's world.
Exactly z the Taliban are mainly known for killing people.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies