A Cry to My Fellow Senators (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:56:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A Cry to My Fellow Senators (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Cry to My Fellow Senators  (Read 2256 times)
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« on: June 16, 2004, 01:12:26 PM »

Senators, the great Senate of this forum, elected by the people, for the people and of the people has fallen into inactivity and mediocrity.

Nothing is being passed through the Senate as many of us are simply not voting.

This, however, is not the only problem, the greater problem is that of the lack of debate. The Senate is supposed to be a place for Bills and Acts to be loudly debated and lively discussion is supposed to result.

So far we have not had a single debate on a Bill, an Act or an Amendment despite encouraging attempts by several Senators.

We need to save this Senate which has fallen upon bad times.

Activity is key to the success of the Forum Government, activity which we are sorely lacking.

I hope that the voters of each District will not just vote down party lines but also try to vote for activity as we need a Senate that can get things done.

Thank You.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 01:22:38 PM »

JFK, that was probably the most non-partisan post I have ever read on in the fantasy elections. it made my day, and I thank you for this post. It really showed that we are not all involved in an on going war of charecter assanation, mud slinging, and partisan bickering,. This post really showed me that we can get along and get things done if we ignore partisanship.

If my endorsement, coming from a failed Vice Presidential and Gubernatorial Candidate who probably has no future in fantasy politics, means anything I endore you for reelection, you deserve it.

Thank you PBrunsel, it means a lot. Although, this isn't about getting endorsements Wink, this is about getting a more active Senate that will work hard and live up to its real-life counterpart.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 01:27:02 PM »

I am also for a active Senate. If the Senate is not active, then "Senator" is just a flashy title.

Yes it is, I was somewhat disappointed by the fact that there was no debating going on and merely voting, but now, there isn't even voting going on. I think we need to bring some debate into this, get some life into it, invigorate it.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 01:38:32 PM »

I believe i made a point about this subject weeks ago.
maybe the active senators need to remove the current President pro tempe and vote for one who will participate.

Interesting, remove Harry as President Pro Tempore? I suggest that issue should be left until after we have the new Senators in place, if there are any.

Texasgurl, would you care to make a response to my proposed amendment to the Second Boss Abortion Act, I believe you are against the act, maybe you could speak your mind on the issue and address my amendments?
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004, 01:50:22 PM »

i simply didn't see a reason to debate abortion for the third time.

Because this is a new bill entirely, that is a reason, the first one was withdrawn, the second you moved to table I believe and this one is also different as sets the point after which no abortions are allowed at the end of the second trimester rather than the first.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2004, 02:01:12 PM »

Well i for one am here every day and have no problem debating or voting on anything.
my lone attempt to introduce legislation died a miserable death. Tongue

Which piece? I don't seem to recall this. Sorry.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2004, 02:14:01 PM »

hehe see?
i tried to do away with the contiguosness of districts.

Ah yes, of course, there have been quite a few Bills proposed and I couldn't remember the recent ones.

That is an important issue that should be brought to the forefront again, perhaps you would consider re-proposing it so we can re-debate the issue and hopefully either pass the legislation or as the case may be, reject the legislation.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2004, 02:18:50 PM »

maybe when we get new senators and new leadership.

Fair Enough, I think we should at least present an image of doing something going into this Election, it would be good for the people to see that the Senate is doing something useful and they are not voting for an entirely arbitrary position.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2004, 06:49:42 AM »

Beet--

Those sound like great bills, and I will sign both of them into law if passed.

If you are still President Wink. He will be proposing these after the weekend's elections.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies