Senate Legislation Introduction Thread (New) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:29:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Legislation Introduction Thread (New) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Legislation Introduction Thread (New)  (Read 38454 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« on: May 06, 2022, 02:03:30 AM »

SENATE RESOLUTION

To curtail the powers of the Senate PPT to pre-April wreck norms

SECTION I. SHORT TITLE.

This resolution shall be referred to as the End The Power Creep Resolution

SECTION II. AMENDMENTS TO THE SENATE RULES

The Senate Rules are amended as follows:

Quote from: Senate Rules, Article I
5.) The Dean of the Senate shall open a thread and commence the debates. Debates shall last at least for 96 hours. After the debates have elapsed, the Dean of the Senate shall open a vote, which shall last for 96 hours. A two-thirds majority of the sitting Senators is needed for the motion to succeed, at which point the concerned Senator will immediately cease to be PPT. Only one Motion of No Confidence can be introduced against a given PPT per legislative session.

Quote from: Senate Rules, Article II
2.) If the PPT determines that a piece of legislation is functionally impractical, frivolous in a manner which maliciously hinders the regular proceeding of the Senate or is directly prima facie unconstitutional on the basis of its methods of implementations alone and not its policy outcomes, they may, in a public post on the Legislation Introduction thread, remove said legislation from the Senate floor. The sponsoring Senator of the legislation shall have ninety-six (96) hours to challenge this action in a public post, and with the concurrence of one-third (1/3) of office-holding Senators in the affirmative, may override the actions of the PPT.

Quote from: Senate Rules, Article III
1.) During the course of debate on legislation, any sitting Senator may offer amendments to the legislation. The President Pro Tempore may in good-faith remove amendments from consideration that are functionally impractical, frivolous in a manner which maliciously hinders the regular proceeding of the Senate, directly prima facie unconstitutional on the basis of its methods of implementations alone and not its policy outcomesentirely non-germane to the broader subject of the bill, or lack clear intent regarding the changes to be made. The amendment sponsor shall have 2496 hours to object to the decision by the PPT and may overturn the action with the concurrence of 21/3rd of his fellow Senators. Unless stated otherwise in the amendment, components of the underlying legislation not referenced in an amendment will remain unchanged.

The Senate rules seem like a completely mishandled mess, so there may well be more of these coming if I have time. But restoring a normal PPT instead of the dictator frankenPPT that exacerbated a lot of the issues during last month's coup attempt is probably a good start.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2022, 11:17:54 PM »

SENATE BILL

To prohibit the GM from killing players

SECTION I. SHORT TITLE.

This bill shall be referred to as the Don't Kill People Act

SECTION II. PROVISIONS.

No officer of the game engine may write into canon the death of any player, registered or otherwise, without the expressly written, freely given, unrevoked public consent of the player in question within 72 hours of the story's writing.

SECTION III. INSURANCE.

For the purposes of any legislation which repeals or replaces all legislation to do with game moderation, the game engine, or any other such category, this act shall not be considered to fall within that category. Unless explicitly named or listed individually, this act shall be considered an exception to any blanket repeal or replacement of numerous federal statutes.

I don't know how the Senate operates during the interim before a PPT election but I'd like this on the floor as soon as possible.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2022, 05:19:44 AM »

SENATE BILL

To allow the GM to revoke past canon under exigent circumstances

SECTION I. SHORT TITLE.

This bill shall be referred to as the Responsible Excision of Timeline Canon in case of Overt Nonsense Act, or, for short, the RETCON Act.

SECTION II. PROVISIONS.

F.L. 21-19, the Game Engine Reconstruction Act, is hereby amended as follows:

Quote from: F.L. 21-19§3
iii. The word of a game moderator, once spoken, is Canon, and may not be revoked by them or their successor unless a request to revoke canon status from a specific game engine proclamation or set of proclamations is approved by eight-ninths of the full senate.

Per Lumine's comments in his confirmation hearing. If possible would like this one to reach the floor ASAP as well.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 06:09:08 AM »

No this is formatted correctly. Section III(A) of this bill is amending Section 312 of a separate law. That is why Section 312 is separated by an additional quote box, to denote that the quoted text is located in a separate, external law.

Cap didn’t cut off his quote, he quoted all of Ishan’s initial post, which started with the “section 312” and no context, and with a quote misalign. He’s edited to be the whole bill afterwards.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2023, 10:39:03 PM »

Authorship Statement: ChatGPT came up with the title of this bill. However, none of the content of this bill was written with the assistance of ChatGPT or other A.I.

Nooooo, not the acronyms! Another timeless tradition lost to the robots!

Damn, making those silly acronyms were the only thing about legislating I actually liked. RIP
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies