Senate Legislation Introduction Thread (New) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:17:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Legislation Introduction Thread (New) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Legislation Introduction Thread (New)  (Read 37463 times)
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« on: October 14, 2021, 07:24:15 PM »

AN ACT
To reform the taxation system

Be it enacted by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia assembled

Section I. Title

This act may be cited as the Capital Gains Inflation Deduction Act.

Section II. Definition

CPI is the Consumer Price Index as published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics for any particular moment in time.

Section III. Capital Gains Inflation Deduction

A. As explained in Section II B, the portion of any capital gain that can be attributed to inflation is exempt from taxation.

B. For each capital gain derived from the sale of an asset, the product of the percentage change in CPI from the purchase of said asset to its sale and the purchase price is added to an individual's capital gains inflation deduction.

C. The total amount of an individual's capital gains inflation deduction is deductible from said individual's total capital gains tax liability for any given year. This deduction shall not be deductible from any other form of taxable income.

Section IV. Effective Date

This act shall be incorporated into to the tax code immediately.

Section V. Cost

This act is estimated to lower tax revenue by $15 billion annually.

AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2021, 11:09:41 PM »

Idk if this too late but someone else can sponsor it after my term is up.

AN AMENDMENT
to the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia

Be it enacted by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia:
Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this Amendment shall be the “Property Rights Amendment.”

Section 2 (Property Rights Amendment)
i. Article I, Section 5 of the Constitution is hereby amended:
No person shall be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law.; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2022, 12:34:46 PM »

AN ACT
To undo poor economic policy

Be it enacted by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia assembled

Section I. Title

This act may be cited as the Keep the Market Free Act.

Section II. Repeals

The Wage Fairness Act and the Worker Representation Act are repealed effective immediately.

AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2022, 10:24:04 PM »

[The Housing and Homelessness Plan]

Be it enacted by the House of Representatives and Senate of the United States of America in Congress Assembled

SUMMARY

This plan will tackle the homelessness rate and creates secure and adequate housing for all.

Section 1. (Short-title of bill)

This bill shall be referred to as the Housing and Homelessness Plan

The Housing and Homelessness Plan shall be short-titled the Joe Byron act 1 (JBA1)

Section 2. Definitions

In this act:
Homelessness: Homelessness is defined as living in housing that is below the minimum standard or lacks secure tenure. People can be categorized as homeless if they are: living on the streets (primary homelessness); moving between temporary shelters, including houses of friends, family and emergency accommodation (secondary homelessness); living in private boarding houses without a private bathroom or security of tenure (tertiary homelessness).

Section 3. Purpose (and/or) Findings

There are over a half million people experiencing homelessness nationwide. Nearly 160,000 of them are children and nearly 38,000 are veterans. People who are homeless are unable to acquire and maintain regular, safe, secure and adequate housing.

Section 4. Establishment

This will ensure that every person experiencing homelessness in America has a place to call home.  The bill would appropriate $13.3 billion in mandatory emergency relief funding over 5 years to several critical federal housing programs and initiatives, providing the resources that these programs need to effectively address the homelessness crisis in America.  If enacted, this bill is estimated to fund the creation of 410,000 new units of housing for people experiencing homelessness.

The actual annual costs of the bill would be:

$1 billion for new homeless assistance projects, with 75 percent to be spent on permanent supportive housing, distributed to communities by formula, and renewed out of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) regular Continuum of Care (CoC) homeless assistance program competition (which would require additional appropriations each year).
• $500 million for new incremental Housing Choice Vouchers (also known as Section Cool for people who are homeless, distributed to communities according to need and renewed out of regular Housing Choice Voucher appropriations.
• $100 million for new outreach and service coordination grants, awarded competitively. Since these activities are eligible for HUD CoC funding, renewals could be done through the regular CoC competition, subject to additional appropriations.
• $1 billion in incremental funding for the National Housing Trust Fund to develop housing, with homeless people prioritized for the first five years.
• $50 million in incremental rental assistance funding to support National Housing Trust developments.

The bill would also permanently authorize HUD’s Homeless Assistance Grants account, and permanently eliminate the sunset clause for the U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness.

Total annual costs for the program is $2.650 billion.

Section 5. Enactment

This bill shall come into affect when signed by the president

(This is my first bill and I’m still kinda new here so if I did something wrong please tell me lol and I will fix it)

Remember that we are in Atlasia, not America. Also fix your post in the swearing in thread.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies