Senate Legislation Introduction Thread (New)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:06:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Legislation Introduction Thread (New)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 37
Author Topic: Senate Legislation Introduction Thread (New)  (Read 35446 times)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: April 14, 2022, 07:58:55 PM »

I do not support bringing these articles forward. I do not take this decision lightly, but I believe this does not reach the high bar set for removal from office. I do think the introduction of these articles however, will have a positive effect, as the President will learn his lesson. Ultimately, I believe that the president has learned from this case.

This is what you call learning his lesson?

Executive Order 55:10:

NOW, THEREFORE, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the Republic of Atlasia, and as President of the Republic of Atlasia and Commander in Chief of the armed forces of the Republic of Atlasia, it is hereby ordered as follows:

1. The Attorney General is hereby authorized and directed to take possession of all or any property of the following as he may deem necessary in the interests of national security and defense:

-The Southern Government
-Federalist Party of Atlasia

OBD, President of the Republic of Atlasia

Executive Order 55:11

Whereas the successful prosecution of the war requires every possible protection against espionage and against sabotage to national-defense material, national-defense premises, and national-defense utilities as defined in Section 4, Act of April 20, 1918, 40 Stat. 533, as amended by the Act of November 30, 1940, 54 Stat. 1220, and the Act of August 21, 1941, 55 Stat. 655 (U.S.C., Title 50, Sec. 104);

Now, therefore, by virtue of the authority vested in me as President of the Republic of Atlasia, and Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy, I hereby authorize and direct the Attorney General and the Military Commanders whom he may from time to time designate, whenever he or any designated Commander deems such action necessary or desirable, to prescribe military areas in such places and of such extent as he or the appropriate Military Commander may determine, from which any or all persons may be excluded, and with respect to which, the right of any person to enter, remain in, or leave shall be subject to whatever restrictions the Attorney General or the appropriate Military Commander may impose in his discretion. The Attorney General is hereby authorized to provide for residents of any such area who are excluded therefrom, such transportation, food, shelter, and other accommodations as may be necessary, in the judgment of the Attorney General or the said Military Commander, and until other arrangements are made, to accomplish the purpose of this order. The designation of military areas in any region or locality shall supersede designations of prohibited and restricted areas by the Attorney General under the Proclamations of December 7 and 8, 1941, and shall supersede the responsibility and authority of the Attorney General under the said Proclamations in respect of such prohibited and restricted areas.

I hereby further authorize and direct the Attorney General and the said Military Commanders to take such other steps as he or the appropriate Military Commander may deem advisable to enforce compliance with the restrictions applicable to each Military area here in above authorized to be designated, including the use of Federal troops and other Federal Agencies, with authority to accept assistance of state and local agencies.

I hereby further authorize and direct all Executive Departments, independent establishments and other Federal Agencies, to assist the Secretary of War or the said Military Commanders in carrying out this Executive Order, including the furnishing of medical aid, hospitalization, food, clothing, transportation, use of land, shelter, and other supplies, equipment, utilities, facilities, and services.

OBD: "Lewl ... pearl harbor and internment. Iz jest memez so its ok"
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #251 on: April 14, 2022, 07:59:18 PM »

I will be bringing these articles to the floor later tonight.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #252 on: April 14, 2022, 08:10:49 PM »

I do not support bringing these articles forward. I do not take this decision lightly, but I believe this does not reach the high bar set for removal from office. I do think the introduction of these articles however, will have a positive effect, as the President will learn his lesson. Ultimately, I believe that the president has learned from this case.

This is what you call learning his lesson?

Okay so, I am forced to effort post now, and can't just shamelessly copy Concerned Susan. Anyways, yes I would oppose these actions in a vacuum, but here's the deal, what the President has done is energized and united the opposition, in a way not really seen in this game in a while. What he has done is put the opposition on the cusp of a likely victory. Ultimately, since Atlasia does not have electoral fatigue due to the fact that voters' concerns aren't really impacted by factors like the economy and inflation, one party can rule for a very long time. What the President has done is unite the opposition and frankly, saved Atlasia from turning into a Japan style party system, where anyone who wants influence joins the LDP. The fact that the Feds' leadership has been pretty incompetent since Yankee's departure furthers the comparison with the Japanese opposition. I can't say much publicly, but there are several elections that Labor would've lost with a competent opposition. Labor has had its fair share of UK 1992s, Australia 1993s, Australia 2019s, and US 1948s. So we are left to judge the quality of the opposition somewhere between Neil Kinnock and the Japanese Opposition, not particularly great. Let's consider when they last won a presidential election (a comically unpopular president and a defection by a key member of the Labor Party both sunk a campaign where the Labor Party was forced to switch candidates multiple times). They last lost a house of Congress, when Laki decided to pull an Austrian Greens, and prop up the right for no reason whatsoever despite mainly getting votes from the left.

Executive Order 55:10:

NOW, THEREFORE, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the Republic of Atlasia, and as President of the Republic of Atlasia and Commander in Chief of the armed forces of the Republic of Atlasia, it is hereby ordered as follows:

1. The Attorney General is hereby authorized and directed to take possession of all or any property of the following as he may deem necessary in the interests of national security and defense:

-The Southern Government
-Federalist Party of Atlasia

Executive Order 55:11

Whereas the successful prosecution of the war requires every possible protection against espionage and against sabotage to national-defense material, national-defense premises, and national-defense utilities as defined in Section 4, Act of April 20, 1918, 40 Stat. 533, as amended by the Act of November 30, 1940, 54 Stat. 1220, and the Act of August 21, 1941, 55 Stat. 655 (U.S.C., Title 50, Sec. 104);

Now, therefore, by virtue of the authority vested in me as President of the Republic of Atlasia, and Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy, I hereby authorize and direct the Attorney General and the Military Commanders whom he may from time to time designate, whenever he or any designated Commander deems such action necessary or desirable, to prescribe military areas in such places and of such extent as he or the appropriate Military Commander may determine, from which any or all persons may be excluded, and with respect to which, the right of any person to enter, remain in, or leave shall be subject to whatever restrictions the Attorney General or the appropriate Military Commander may impose in his discretion. The Attorney General is hereby authorized to provide for residents of any such area who are excluded therefrom, such transportation, food, shelter, and other accommodations as may be necessary, in the judgment of the Attorney General or the said Military Commander, and until other arrangements are made, to accomplish the purpose of this order. The designation of military areas in any region or locality shall supersede designations of prohibited and restricted areas by the Attorney General under the Proclamations of December 7 and 8, 1941, and shall supersede the responsibility and authority of the Attorney General under the said Proclamations in respect of such prohibited and restricted areas.

I hereby further authorize and direct the Attorney General and the said Military Commanders to take such other steps as he or the appropriate Military Commander may deem advisable to enforce compliance with the restrictions applicable to each Military area here in above authorized to be designated, including the use of Federal troops and other Federal Agencies, with authority to accept assistance of state and local agencies.

I hereby further authorize and direct all Executive Departments, independent establishments and other Federal Agencies, to assist the Secretary of War or the said Military Commanders in carrying out this Executive Order, including the furnishing of medical aid, hospitalization, food, clothing, transportation, use of land, shelter, and other supplies, equipment, utilities, facilities, and services.

Even though I have policy disagreements with you I at least thought you were someone of integrity who is at least consistent in his beliefs but your votes in the past few months and especially your accomplice-ship to this charade have proven that I was gravely wrong to put any confidence in you, Senator.

I mean I try to stay as true to my real beliefs as possible, but this game has needed a divisive president to survive. Ultimately, the job is now up to the opposition to capitalize. This game cannot survive as the opposition gets more and more disengaged, and it has been slowly dying for over a year now. What is needed is an actually competent opposition so that elections can once again be competitive and there is an incentive once again to try to recruit new people to the game. I obviously don't support unironically ending democracy, because (unlike some members in your party) I don't support illiberal democracies like Hungary or autocracies like Russia. But, that is not what any of this is about, what this is about, is that your side is so incompetent at politics, that the government has purposefully shot itself in the foot in the hope that this game can be revived. If the opposition cannot win this election, then frankly, there is no hope left for this game, and it should be dissolved. As much as I hate these antics as much as you, they are truly the last hope for saving this game.

Disclaimer: These are just my thoughts on all of this and I do not know if they reflect the true intentions of the President or his supporters.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #253 on: April 14, 2022, 08:19:49 PM »

S019 is making great points. It would not be necessary to take such drastic actions to save the game if the "opposition" were not a bunch of useless goobers.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #254 on: April 14, 2022, 08:21:41 PM »

To S019:

Fair enough. You do make some valid points. That being said, I think as soon as the instigators of this conflict move on, since the conflict certainly can't go on forever, then the game will be in the same place it was and likely with the side effect of some prospective players being dissuaded from joining a game that has become so toxic as of late. Activity is created by these dramatics but it's a short-lived burst of activity that certainly can't sustain the game for more than a few weeks or a month or two at the absolute most. I mean, OBD has said he won't run for reelection already, so I still think a left-wing candidate being elected President is very likely in June.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #255 on: April 14, 2022, 08:28:14 PM »

To S019:

Fair enough. You do make some valid points. That being said, I think as soon as the instigators of this conflict move on, since the conflict certainly can't go on forever, then the game will be in the same place it was and likely with the side effect of some prospective players being dissuaded from joining a game that has become so toxic as of late. Activity is created by these dramatics but it's a short-lived burst of activity that certainly can't sustain the game for more than a few weeks or a month or two at the absolute most. I mean, OBD has said he won't run for reelection already, so I still think a left-wing candidate being elected President is very likely in June.

"Oh ummm ... we were incompetent on purpose! Thats it."
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #256 on: April 14, 2022, 08:53:37 PM »

Stop pinging me you twits. Do it again and I'll turn off alerts.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #257 on: April 14, 2022, 08:54:14 PM »

Stop pinging me you twits. Do it again and I'll turn off alerts.
Ok Simp Dog
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #258 on: April 14, 2022, 08:55:31 PM »

lmao
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #259 on: April 14, 2022, 09:25:50 PM »

You have one joke and it's not even a funny one.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #260 on: April 14, 2022, 09:53:45 PM »

aye
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #261 on: April 14, 2022, 10:11:08 PM »

aye
Pedocon Theory is not a theory
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.61

P

« Reply #262 on: April 14, 2022, 10:18:05 PM »

Captain!

I can't hear you!!
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #263 on: April 14, 2022, 10:27:43 PM »

There is no vote currently open....
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #264 on: April 15, 2022, 02:25:19 AM »

aye
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #265 on: April 15, 2022, 05:29:33 AM »

aye
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #266 on: April 15, 2022, 09:40:03 PM »

I'm your little butterfly
Green, black and blue
Make the colours in the sky
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #267 on: April 21, 2022, 12:46:36 AM »

Reintroducing the Victory of the People Act.

AN ACT
To facilitate the people’s revolution
And complete their victory over capital
Be it enacted by the Senate and the People of the Republic of Atlasia:
SECTION 1. Title.
1. The title of this act shall be the Victory of the People Act.
SECTION 2. Transition of power.
1. Immediately upon passage of this act, the Republic of Atlasia organized under the fifth constitution thereof shall cease to exist.
2. At the moment of its dissolution, it will be succeeded by a People’s Republic representing the farmers and the working people of the nation.
3. The annual meeting shall be the highest authority of the People’s Republic. One-half the deputies shall be appointed by the workers’ councils and various trade unions, and the other half by the regional councils.
4. As the People’s Republic is established in each region of the former federative republic, the people will organize themselves into farmers’ and workers’ councils according to their trade, alongside the existing unions, and will also constitute regional councils or monthly meetings to represent the common interests of all workers.
5. The annual meeting shall appoint the executive council to attend to the obligations of the government and exercise the authority of the People’s Republic in their absence.
6. The right to participate in democracy and government shall be limited to members of the Communist party and independent guests.
SECTION 3. Ownership of the means of production.
1. Ownership of all private corporations valued at over $100,000 shall transfer to a board of directors chosen by and from the workers employed by that corporation, and all the wealth generated by these corporations shall be shared equally among the workers according to their contribution in hours.
2. Henceforward corporate governors shall be bound by the same restrictions with regard to human rights as the state, including specifically the prohibition against making or enforcing any rule or regulation abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the workers to peaceably assemble and petition the management for a redress of grievances.
SECTION 4. Nationalization.
1. All railways are brought into public ownership immediately upon passage of this act and placed under the control of an Atlasian Railway Authority.
2. All steel manufacturers are brought into public ownership immediately upon passage of this act and placed under the control of an Atlasian Steel Authority.
3. All fuel and power companies shall be brought into public ownership effective upon passage of this act and placed under the control of an Atlasian Energy Authority.
4. All financial and lending institutions shall be brought into public ownership effective upon passage of this act and placed under the control of an Atlasian Monetary Authority.
5. All institutions of higher education shall be brought into public ownership effective upon passage of this act and placed under the control of an Atlasian University System.
6. Each of these authorities, and such others as may be established by the People’s Republic for major industries, shall be organized federatively with governing boards in each region composed of an equal number of directors appointed by the regional council and the workers’ councils and trade unions. These regional boards will answer to the federal authority of the People’s Republic, one-third the members of which will be appointed by the regional councils, one-third by the annual meeting, and one-third by the workers’ councils and trade unions.
SECTION 5. Rights.
1. We adopt the Declaration of the Rights of Man and Citizen without reservation, and add the right to organize, the right to food and shelter, the right to care in sickness and in old age, the right to employment, and the right to peace.
2. No worker shall suffer execution or life imprisonment without parole.
3. No worker shall be deprived of the fruits of their labor.
4. No worker shall be denied equal protection of the law on account of race, sex, gender, religion, or nation of origin.
SECTION 6. Emblems.
1. The flag of the People’s Republic shall be a red field with three gold stars in the upper canton to represent the three regions.
2. The anthem of the People’s Republic shall be the Internationale.
3. The motto of the People’s Republic shall be “workers of the world, unite!”
4. The seal of the People’s Republic shall be a crossed hammer and sickle with three stars to represent the three regions, with the words “People’s Republic of Atlasia” across the top, and the motto across the bottom.
SECTION 7. Peace and Freedom.
1. The people of each city and region will be allowed to go about their lives in peace, and no coercive force applied, where threat of violence is not first offered. If there be any who would still adhere to the old constitution, let them stand unmolested, as testament to the safety with which error of opinion may be tolerated while reason is left free to combat it. We ask no tribute which is not given freely, we enlist no conscript nor solicit begrudging loyalty. We trust to arms only for our own defense, and otherwise trust to fate and history to vindicate our cause and complete the victory of the people.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #268 on: April 24, 2022, 11:41:23 PM »

ARTICLES OF IMPEACHMENT

A RESOLUTION.

Whereas, the Constitution provides that the Senate “shall have the sole Power to adopt and try Articles of Impeachment” and that civil officers of the Republic of Atlasia  “shall be removed from Office and disqualified from any office under the Republic of Atlasia for a period not exceeding two years" on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors; and

Whereas, CalamityBlue, General of the Republic of Atlasia, has in fact committed a multitude of high crimes and misdemeanors in blatant disregard to the laws of Atlasia and his oath of office;

Be it resolved, that CalamityBlue, General of the Republic of Atlasia, is hereby impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors and is hereby subject to all constitutional penalties prescribed by the Constitution and that the attached articles of impeachment be exhibited to the Atlasian Senate; and

Be it further resolved that these articles of impeachment exhibited by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia be in the name of itself and of the people of the Republic of Atlasia, against Calamity, General of the Republic of Atlasia, in maintenance and support of its impeachment against him for high crimes and misdemeanors.

Article 1: tbd

tbd

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #269 on: May 06, 2022, 02:03:30 AM »

SENATE RESOLUTION

To curtail the powers of the Senate PPT to pre-April wreck norms

SECTION I. SHORT TITLE.

This resolution shall be referred to as the End The Power Creep Resolution

SECTION II. AMENDMENTS TO THE SENATE RULES

The Senate Rules are amended as follows:

Quote from: Senate Rules, Article I
5.) The Dean of the Senate shall open a thread and commence the debates. Debates shall last at least for 96 hours. After the debates have elapsed, the Dean of the Senate shall open a vote, which shall last for 96 hours. A two-thirds majority of the sitting Senators is needed for the motion to succeed, at which point the concerned Senator will immediately cease to be PPT. Only one Motion of No Confidence can be introduced against a given PPT per legislative session.

Quote from: Senate Rules, Article II
2.) If the PPT determines that a piece of legislation is functionally impractical, frivolous in a manner which maliciously hinders the regular proceeding of the Senate or is directly prima facie unconstitutional on the basis of its methods of implementations alone and not its policy outcomes, they may, in a public post on the Legislation Introduction thread, remove said legislation from the Senate floor. The sponsoring Senator of the legislation shall have ninety-six (96) hours to challenge this action in a public post, and with the concurrence of one-third (1/3) of office-holding Senators in the affirmative, may override the actions of the PPT.

Quote from: Senate Rules, Article III
1.) During the course of debate on legislation, any sitting Senator may offer amendments to the legislation. The President Pro Tempore may in good-faith remove amendments from consideration that are functionally impractical, frivolous in a manner which maliciously hinders the regular proceeding of the Senate, directly prima facie unconstitutional on the basis of its methods of implementations alone and not its policy outcomesentirely non-germane to the broader subject of the bill, or lack clear intent regarding the changes to be made. The amendment sponsor shall have 2496 hours to object to the decision by the PPT and may overturn the action with the concurrence of 21/3rd of his fellow Senators. Unless stated otherwise in the amendment, components of the underlying legislation not referenced in an amendment will remain unchanged.

The Senate rules seem like a completely mishandled mess, so there may well be more of these coming if I have time. But restoring a normal PPT instead of the dictator frankenPPT that exacerbated a lot of the issues during last month's coup attempt is probably a good start.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #270 on: May 06, 2022, 11:17:54 PM »

SENATE BILL

To prohibit the GM from killing players

SECTION I. SHORT TITLE.

This bill shall be referred to as the Don't Kill People Act

SECTION II. PROVISIONS.

No officer of the game engine may write into canon the death of any player, registered or otherwise, without the expressly written, freely given, unrevoked public consent of the player in question within 72 hours of the story's writing.

SECTION III. INSURANCE.

For the purposes of any legislation which repeals or replaces all legislation to do with game moderation, the game engine, or any other such category, this act shall not be considered to fall within that category. Unless explicitly named or listed individually, this act shall be considered an exception to any blanket repeal or replacement of numerous federal statutes.

I don't know how the Senate operates during the interim before a PPT election but I'd like this on the floor as soon as possible.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #271 on: May 07, 2022, 12:34:46 PM »

AN ACT
To undo poor economic policy

Be it enacted by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia assembled

Section I. Title

This act may be cited as the Keep the Market Free Act.

Section II. Repeals

The Wage Fairness Act and the Worker Representation Act are repealed effective immediately.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #272 on: May 07, 2022, 05:53:28 PM »

A Senate Bill
To reform the process of regulations being implemented by executive agencies

Section I: Title

- This bill shall be called the Regulatory Process Reform Act

Section II: Process Changes

- Require a cost benefit analysis done of any regulations proposed by an executive agency before the regulation gets implemented

- Any regulation deemed to have a higher cost than a benefit , shall not be implemented unless Congress passes that regulation into law

- Future Regulations which are implemented  are required to periodically have cost benefit analysis periodically even after implementation to see if the benefits of the regulation outweigh the costs 

Section III: Creation of New Agency 

- a new agency will be created to carry out the cost benefit analysis

- a New agency will be part of the department of Internal Affairs

- Head of that particular agency will be appointed by the President
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #273 on: May 11, 2022, 05:19:44 AM »

SENATE BILL

To allow the GM to revoke past canon under exigent circumstances

SECTION I. SHORT TITLE.

This bill shall be referred to as the Responsible Excision of Timeline Canon in case of Overt Nonsense Act, or, for short, the RETCON Act.

SECTION II. PROVISIONS.

F.L. 21-19, the Game Engine Reconstruction Act, is hereby amended as follows:

Quote from: F.L. 21-19§3
iii. The word of a game moderator, once spoken, is Canon, and may not be revoked by them or their successor unless a request to revoke canon status from a specific game engine proclamation or set of proclamations is approved by eight-ninths of the full senate.

Per Lumine's comments in his confirmation hearing. If possible would like this one to reach the floor ASAP as well.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #274 on: May 11, 2022, 02:23:35 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2022, 09:20:08 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Senate Resolution
To amend the Senate Rules so as to preserve the rights of Senators under the constitution.

Be it resolved in the Senate Assembled, that the rules be amended as follows:
Protecting the Constitution and Senator's Rights Resolution

Section 1: Article 1, Clause 7 shall read as follows
7. No Presiding Officer operating under the rules of this chamber shall
       1. Deny or inhibit the powers of the Senate as expressed in the Constitution.
       2. Subordinate the Senate to another branch or subvert the co-equal status of the Legislative Branch.
       3. Prematurely end an objection or vote change period.
       4. Close a vote before a quorum has had a reasonable opportunity to vote.

Section 2: Article 2, Clause 3 sub clause a) shall be altered as follows:
a.) The first 15 open threads shall be open to all legislation initially regarding bills, resolutions or constitutional amendments. Legislation shall be brought up into these 15 slots by the PPT in the order of their introduction, unless the sponsor already has two or more pieces of legislation on the Senate floor. Legislation from Senators who do not already have two bills on the floor shall take priority until all such other legislation is completed. The PPT shall be the Presiding Officer for these open threads.

Section 3: Article 3, Clause 3 shall be amended as follows:
3.) If judged hostile by the sponsor, or if a Senator has objected, a vote shall be started by the PPT once the amendment has been on the floor twenty four hours. The vote shall last for three days or until a majority has voted in favor or against the amendment, at which point Senators who have voted shall be prohibited from changing their votes and the vote shall be declared final. No amendment vote shall be declared passed unless a quorum has voted on the amendment.

Section 4: Article 4, Clause 4 shall be amended as follows:
4.) When debate on legislation has halted for longer than 24 hours and the legislation has been on the floor for more than 120 hours, any Senator may call for a vote on said legislation. The presiding officer shall open a vote if no other member of the Senate objects within 24 hours of the call for a vote. When the legislation has been on the floor for more than 120 hours, any Senator may motion for cloture. Upon the concurrence of three-fifths of the Senate (with a quorum present in the vote), the Senate shall end debate, and proceed to a final vote. If the legislation has been on the floor for more than 168 hours, or debate has ceased for 24 hours, a simple majority (with a quorum present in the vote) is needed in order to end the debates. The presiding officer shall then open a final vote.

Section 5: Article 5 Clause 3 shall be amended as follows:        
3.) For the motion to table to pass, two-thirds of those voting (excluding abstentions and with a quorum present in the vote) must support the motion.

Section 6: Article 6, Clause 1 shall be amended as follows:
1.) Final Votes and veto overrides votes shall last for a maximum of 4 days (i.e. 96 hours). No final vote may be ended without a quorum present in the vote. A final vote may be ended earlier than 96 hours:

a. If the vote has a majority to pass or fail, then the Presiding officer may call 24 hours for Senators to vote or change their votes.

b. If all Senators have voted and the result is unanimous for or against, then the Presiding Officer may end the vote immediately.

Article 7: Clause 3 shall be amended as follows:
3.) The vote shall last for a maximum of four days (96 hours) and require a quorum present in the confirmation vote. No Senator shall be prohibited from voting until after the nominee has received enough votes to pass or fail confirmation, at which point vote changes shall be prohibited.

People's and Region's Senate
---
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies