Senate Legislation Introduction Thread (New)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:59:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Legislation Introduction Thread (New)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 38
Author Topic: Senate Legislation Introduction Thread (New)  (Read 37598 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: May 27, 2023, 09:04:27 PM »

AN AMENDMENT
To ensure fair represention in local government

Be It Resolved in the Atlasian Senate Assembled, that upon ratification by 2/3rds of the Regions, the Constitution shall be amended as follows:

Section 1. Title

This legislation may be cited as the Fair Democracy Amendment

Section 2. Amendment for electoral reform

Section 4 of the Constitution is hereby amended:

1. No regional-administered election shall admit as eligible voters any person having resided in any other region within the fifty-six days prior to the commencement of the election.

2. In addition, no subregional senate election shall admit as eligible voters any person having resided in any other region within the fifty-six days prior to the commencement of the election.

3. Aside from the exceptions as laid out by this section, no region-wide or subregional election may deny any person the right to vote who would, if a federal election were held concurrently, be eligible to vote in such an election.

4. Term lengths for regional legislators and executives shall not exceed four (4) months.

5. Each legislative body shall elect at least one (1) at-large member. This clause may not be suspended, unless regions adopt direct democratic systems.

Quote from: Amendment Explanation
This Constitutional Amendment removes the possibility of imposing year-long or indefinite term lengths for regional officials, and requires at least one legislator to be elected at-large, unless a region chooses to adopt a direct democratic system.
Make America Grumpy Again
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #651 on: May 28, 2023, 08:33:01 PM »

The Day Off Bill

Section A. This bill will be known as the Day Off Bill.
Section B. No employer can schedule an employee for more than 6 days a week. Family members of family-owned businesses are exempt.
Section C. This bill will take place effective immediate

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #652 on: May 29, 2023, 01:51:11 AM »

The Day Off Bill

Section B. No employer can schedule an employee for more than 6 days a week. Family members of family-owned businesses are exempt.

Maybe it could be an idea to cosponsor my 30 hour work week bill?

30 Hour Work Week Act

Section 1: Short Title and Purpose

1.1 This Act shall be known as the "30 Hour Work Week Act."

1.2 The purpose of this Act is to provide a framework for the implementation of a 30 hour work week with wage retention in order to promote a better work-life balance for employees, improve overall employee well-being, and support a more efficient and productive economy.

Section 2: Definitions

2.1 For the purposes of this Act, "employee" shall be defined as any individual who is hired, employed or contracted to perform work for a business, organization, or government entity.

2.2 "Employer" shall be defined as any business, organization, or government entity that employs or contracts individuals to perform work.

2.3 "Work week" shall be defined as a consecutive period of 7 days during which an employee works for an employer.

Section 3: Implementation of a 30 Hour Work Week

3.1 Beginning six months after the passage of this Act, all employers shall implement a 30 hour work week for all employees, unless otherwise agreed upon by the employer and employee in writing.

3.2 The 30 hour work week shall be considered full-time employment and shall provide all benefits and protections afforded to full-time employees.

3.3 Employers shall be required to offer a minimum of 30 working hours per week to their employees. The wage for employees working 30 hours per week shall not be less than the wage for employees working 40 hours per week in the same position. Employers shall not reduce benefits or bonuses for employees who work 30 hours per week.

Section 4: Defining the Work Schedule

4.1 The classical work week shall be defined as five days of 6 working hours per day.

4.2 Flexible work weeks of 30 hours are possible in which:

a. A working day has a minimum of 3 hours and a maximum of 8 hours.

b. A guaranteed minimum of 14 hours between two work performances shall be provided.

c. Timetables shall be communicated at least one month in advance.

d. Every hour in addition to a normal working hour shall be seen as overtime. Employees will then receive 50% extra wages. Employees may recuperate their overtime hours within three months on a day of their choice.

e. Overtime can only be done on a voluntary basis.

f. The right to disconnect from work outside of the work schedule will be guaranteed. Employees will not be required to have access or be online outside of their work schedule or be required to be available via their phone.

Section 5: Enforcement and Penalties

5.1 Employers who violate the provisions of this Act shall be subject to fines and penalties determined by the appropriate regulatory agency.

5.2 Employees who are subject to violations of this Act may bring a cause of action against their employer in a court of law.

5.3 Any employee who experiences retaliation or discrimination for exercising their rights under this Act shall be entitled to legal and equitable remedies.

Section 6: Effective Date

6.1 This Act shall become effective six months after its passage into law.

Prefiling and re-introducing. It's a shame this one narrowly failed last time, but I think it's a good act and I want to try it again.

Feel free to consponsor some of my acts given quite a lot have been introduced/prefiled, this is the last one i'll introduce for next session/quite a while.

I could edit the guaranteed day off in.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #653 on: May 29, 2023, 06:09:49 AM »

I'd rather leave them separate. I'll support CM's bill but not the 30-hour workweek.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #654 on: May 29, 2023, 09:25:18 AM »

I'd rather leave them separate. I'll support CM's bill but not the 30-hour workweek.

Yes, but i'm not counting on your support for the 30 hour work week. We have the votes to pass it, and i'd like to invite Christian Man to suggest improvements.
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #655 on: May 29, 2023, 12:29:41 PM »

The Day Off Bill

Maybe it could be an idea to cosponsor my 30 hour work week bill?

30 Hour Work Week Act

Section 1: Short Title and Purpose

1.1 This Act shall be known as the "30 Hour Work Week Act."

1.2 The purpose of this Act is to provide a framework for the implementation of a 30 hour work week with wage retention in order to promote a better work-life balance for employees, improve overall employee well-being, and support a more efficient and productive economy.

Section 2: Definitions

2.1 For the purposes of this Act, "employee" shall be defined as any individual who is hired, employed or contracted to perform work for a business, organization, or government entity.

2.2 "Employer" shall be defined as any business, organization, or government entity that employs or contracts individuals to perform work.

2.3 "Work week" shall be defined as a consecutive period of 7 days during which an employee works for an employer.

Section 3: Implementation of a 30 Hour Work Week

3.1 Beginning six months after the passage of this Act, all employers shall implement a 30 hour work week for all employees, unless otherwise agreed upon by the employer and employee in writing.

3.2 The 30 hour work week shall be considered full-time employment and shall provide all benefits and protections afforded to full-time employees.

3.3 Employers shall be required to offer a minimum of 30 working hours per week to their employees. The wage for employees working 30 hours per week shall not be less than the wage for employees working 40 hours per week in the same position. Employers shall not reduce benefits or bonuses for employees who work 30 hours per week.

Section 4: Defining the Work Schedule

4.1 The classical work week shall be defined as five days of 6 working hours per day.

4.2 Flexible work weeks of 30 hours are possible in which:

a. A working day has a minimum of 3 hours and a maximum of 8 hours.

b. A guaranteed minimum of 14 hours between two work performances shall be provided.

c. Timetables shall be communicated at least one month in advance.

d. Every hour in addition to a normal working hour shall be seen as overtime. Employees will then receive 50% extra wages. Employees may recuperate their overtime hours within three months on a day of their choice.

e. Overtime can only be done on a voluntary basis.

f. The right to disconnect from work outside of the work schedule will be guaranteed. Employees will not be required to have access or be online outside of their work schedule or be required to be available via their phone.

Section 5: Enforcement and Penalties

5.1 Employers who violate the provisions of this Act shall be subject to fines and penalties determined by the appropriate regulatory agency.

5.2 Employees who are subject to violations of this Act may bring a cause of action against their employer in a court of law.

5.3 Any employee who experiences retaliation or discrimination for exercising their rights under this Act shall be entitled to legal and equitable remedies.

Section 6: Effective Date

6.1 This Act shall become effective six months after its passage into law.

Prefiling and re-introducing. It's a shame this one narrowly failed last time, but I think it's a good act and I want to try it again.

Feel free to consponsor some of my acts given quite a lot have been introduced/prefiled, this is the last one i'll introduce for next session/quite a while.

I could edit the guaranteed day off in.

I agree to cosponsor
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #656 on: May 29, 2023, 02:04:47 PM »

Direct Democracy Act of 2023

THE  DIRECT DEMOCRACY Amendment; adjusted from the proposed LGC Direct Democracy Act

SECTION I — Title
This legislation may be cited as the Direct Democracy Act.

SECTION II — Power To The People
1. Atlasia shall allow for all those registered to vote to vote on legislation agreed to by the Senate.

SECTION III — Implementation
1. The process of laws will not change, just that the people including the representatives can vote in favor or against in the Ballot box.
2. This model will introduce a People's Council which will decide on and vote on matters impacting Atlasia once every four months on a date agreed to by the Senate and President.
3. Citizens will not be deregistered or face other legal consequences for not voting.

Stature I: Allowing for citizen-ballot initiatives
1. Any registered voter can propose a law but proposals can be nullified if 4/5 of the senate disagrees to it.  

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #657 on: May 31, 2023, 10:06:14 AM »

AN ACT
To nationalize the steel industry

Be it enacted by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia

Section 1. Title

This legislation may be cited as the Atlasian Steel Act.

Section 2. Nationalization

1. All steel manufacturers are brought into public ownership immediately upon passage of this act and shall be placed under the control of an Atlasian Steel Authority.

2. To complete the undertaking as outlined above, the Republic of Atlasia shall establish an Atlasian Steel Authority (hereafter ASA) which shall be comprised of all former privately-held steel companies and shall hold a legal monopoly in these sectors.

3. The purpose of the aforementioned ASA shall be the economization of operations and the modernization of production methods to raise safety and efficiency standards across the country, as well as provide steel at a low cost, prevent competitive waste, and co-ordinate research and development in those sectors.

4. The government of the ASA shall be federal and cooperative. In each region will be established a regional steel authority under a board of directors composed of representatives of labor, the consumers, security, and the environment. The number of labor directors shall be four, and the number of directors for all other constituencies shall be two. Each regional authority will elect five representatives to the national board of directors. Two of the national directors elected by each regional authority shall represent labor, and one each shall represent the consumers, security, and the environment.

5. The labor directors shall be chosen by a vote of the steel workers; the consumer directors by a vote of the regional legislature, the security and environment directors by the regional executive at the regional level and by the president at the federal level.

6. The term of a Board director shall be four years.

7. The President shall appoint a Chair of the ASA Board of Directors who shall have no vote unless they are equally divided. The Chair shall serve a four year term.

8. All persons owning any of the aforementioned industry brought into public ownership shall be fairly compensated for the sale of said industries to the Republic of Atlasia.

Reintroducing
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #658 on: May 31, 2023, 07:55:39 PM »
« Edited: May 31, 2023, 08:06:02 PM by Upper South Senator LouisvilleThunder »

An Amendment to the Fifth Constitution of Atlasia
To truly preserve the stability, integrity, and democratic nature of the Republic by excluding the disruptive force to the very foundation of Atlasia itself

Section 1. Title

This shall be known as the Domestic Tranquility Amendment for Atlasia.

Article I of the Constitution of Atlasia shall be amended as follows:

Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the Republic of Atlasia, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, except those explicitly listed on Article I, Section 15, are citizens of the Republic of Atlasia and of the Region in which they reside, and shall in all cases be afforded equal protection under the law.

Section 15.

Although no Bill of attainder may be passed by either the Senate or the Regions, this Constitution reserves the exceptional right to exclude individuals from citizenship in the Republic of Atlasia, in order to preserve the stability, integrity, and democratic nature of the Republic.

The following individuals under their current or future username or verified sock accounts of the listed individuals, are hereby listed as excluded from such rights in perpetuity and shall not be permitted to hold any office, elected or appointed, or vote in any election, in any region or any other entity under jurisdiction of this Constitution:

-TexasConservative, also known as Young Texan.

Article VIII of the Constitution of Atlasia shall be amended as follows:

Section 2. Supremacy of the Atlas Forum.
1. Actions taken by Administrators or Moderators of the Atlas Forum are separate and distinct from their actions as citizens of Atlasia and they shall not be restricted, nor obstructed by Atlasian constitutional or statutory provision, in their enforcement of the Terms of Service by Atlasian constitutional or statutory provision.
2. Nothing in this section shall be construed as to provide immunity to moderators who violate any
statutory provision that does not conflict with or obstruct enforcement of the terms of service.
3. Administrators and Moderators of the Atlas Forum shall be permitted to declare an account to be a sock account for the purpose of compliance with Article I, Section 15.

Amendment Explanation

The addition of Section 15 to Article I establishes a mechanism to ensure that individuals who threaten the very existence of this game we know and love as Atlasia can be banned through the highest legal means there is -- the amending process of the federal Constitution. The addition of the third clause to Article VIII, Section 2 allows the forum moderators and administrators to be able to enforce the banning of users through sock checks as a banned user may make a sock account to go around the game ban.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #659 on: June 08, 2023, 11:38:26 PM »

SENATE BILL
To protect the employment and wellbeing of hard-working Atlasians
Be it enacted in the Senate of Atlasia
Section 1; Title
1. This Act may be cited as the 'Jobs Are Good Act'
Section 2; Substance
1. The Ron Paul Act is repealed in its entirely, and shall be considered to have had no effect on the mandates applying to the Federal Reserve.
Section 3; Implementation
1. This legislation shall come into effect immediately upon passage into law.

Reintroducing this
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #660 on: June 20, 2023, 05:29:22 AM »
« Edited: July 07, 2023, 04:39:15 AM by West_Midlander »

Proposing this.

Quote from: Amendment Proposal for the Senate Rules
2.) The sponsor of a piece of legislation may at any time withdraw his or her sponsorship. In addition, when the sponsor is no longer a Senator, his or her sponsorship shall be revoked automatically. If no member of the Senate moves to assume sponsorship of the legislation within 3672 hours, the legislation shall be tabled automatically.

Withdrawing this in favor of Ninja's proposal.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #661 on: June 20, 2023, 06:12:40 AM »

Btw, I'm going to bump my other bills not yet brought to the floor yet afaik in an effort to keep things straight.

PAWS NEED CLAWS ACT

All Kids Are Equal And Matter Act

SAVE THE CHILDREN ACT

Co-sponsored legislation that was introduced by ex-Senators:

FEDERAL PENSION PROTECTION ACT

SPAM IS BAD ACT

TAX BRACKET CONSOLIDATION ACT

DUELING PROHIBITION ACT

THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 2023
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #662 on: July 01, 2023, 11:19:16 PM »

An Amendment

To allow more citizens to participate in governing.

Be it enacted by two-thirds of the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia assembled, and at least two-thirds of the Regions henceforth;
Section 1. Title
1. This amendment may be referred to as the Expanding Public Service Amendment
Section 2. Amendments
1. Article III, Section 1 of the constitution is amended as follows,
4. No person shall be a Senator who has not attained two hundred fifty or more posts, nor whose account is fewer than fourteen hundred and forty seven hundred and twenty hours old, nor shall any person be a regional or subregional senator who is not a citizen of the region or subregion they are chosen to represent

This amendment reduces the post and account age requirements to hold the office of senator, in order to allow a greater number of citizens to hold public office in Atlasia, especially newer citizens.

Reintroducing this for the next session
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #663 on: July 06, 2023, 10:20:25 PM »

Save Orphan Bills Amendment

A resolution to give sponsorless bills a second chance
1. Article 4, section 2 of the Official Senate Procedures and Rules for Operation is amended as follows,
2.) The sponsor of a piece of legislation may at any time withdraw their sponsorship. In addition, when the sponsor is no longer a Senator, their sponsorship shall be revoked automatically. If no member of the Senate moves to assume sponsorship of the legislation within 48 168 hours, the legislation shall be tabled automatically.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #664 on: July 08, 2023, 02:17:02 PM »
« Edited: July 08, 2023, 02:34:33 PM by Laki 🇧🇪❤️🇺🇦 »

The Atlasia Defense and Diplomatic Authority Act

Section 1: Purpose and Scope

1.1 Purpose:
The purpose of this Act is to establish the exclusive authority of the federal government of the Republic of Atlasia over defense matters and diplomatic relations, ensuring national security, unity, and effective foreign policy implementation. It aims to prohibit the regions of South, Fremont, and Lincoln from maintaining a standing army or military force and engaging in independent diplomatic exchanges with other independent countries.

1.2 Scope:
This Act applies specifically to the Republic of Atlasia and its regions, namely South, Fremont, and Lincoln, and establishes guidelines for the federal government's sole responsibility for defense and diplomacy.

1.3 Repeal of Related Laws:
All laws, regulations, or provisions at the regional level that are inconsistent with or contradict the provisions of this Act regarding the prohibition of regional standing armies and independent diplomatic exchanges shall be repealed and rendered null and void.

Section 2: Prohibition of Regional Standing Armies

2.1 Standing Army Prohibition:
The regions of South, Fremont, and Lincoln within the Republic of Atlasia shall not establish or maintain a standing army or military force, regardless of size, equipment, or purpose.

2.2 Defense Obligations:
The regional governments of South, Fremont, and Lincoln shall rely on the federal government of Atlasia to ensure the defense and security of the entire Republic. In case of threats or emergencies, the regional governments shall cooperate with federal authorities and provide necessary support as per federal guidelines.

2.3 Disbanding of Regional Militaries:
All existing regional military forces within South, Fremont, and Lincoln shall be disbanded within 180 days of the enactment of this Act. The regional governments shall assist the federal government in this process, including the transfer of assets, personnel, and any relevant resources.

Section 3: Exclusive Federal Defense Authority

3.1 Federal Defense Responsibility:
The federal government of Atlasia shall have the exclusive authority to establish, maintain, and deploy armed forces for national defense purposes. This includes the power to establish military bases, conduct training exercises, and respond to internal and external threats on behalf of the Republic of Atlasia and its regions.

3.2 Regional Security Assistance:
The regional governments of South, Fremont, and Lincoln may provide support to the federal government in matters of defense and security as required by federal law and guidelines. Such support may include the provision of facilities, logistical assistance, and intelligence cooperation.

3.3 Approval of Senate for Military Actions:
The President of Atlasia shall consult with the Senate before invoking the authority to deploy armed forces under this Act. Any request made by the President to the Senate for military action shall be expeditiously considered by the Senate, and shall immediately come to the floor for debate and vote, regardless of the availability of legislative slots at the time of the request.

3.4 Duty to Defend Regions and Assist in Emergencies and Natural Disasters:
In cases of military attacks, emergencies, or natural disasters, the federal government has a duty to defend the regions of South, Fremont, and Lincoln. It shall provide necessary assistance to local police forces and regional authorities to ensure the safety and security of the regions' inhabitants. This assistance may include deploying additional federal forces, coordinating relief efforts, and providing logistical support as deemed necessary by federal authorities.

Section 4: Exclusive Federal Diplomatic Authority

4.1 Diplomatic Exchanges Prohibition:
The regions of South, Fremont, and Lincoln within the Republic of Atlasia are prohibited from engaging in independent diplomatic exchanges or negotiations with other independent countries. All diplomatic relations shall be conducted exclusively by the federal government of Atlasia.

4.2 Regional Representation:
The regional governments of South, Fremont, and Lincoln may present their concerns or suggestions to the federal government of Atlasia regarding diplomatic matters. The federal government shall consider these inputs when formulating foreign policy, but the final decision shall rest with the federal authorities.

Section 5: Penalties and Enforcement

5.1 Violations and Penalties:
Any region within the Republic of Atlasia found to be in violation of this Act by maintaining a standing army, conducting independent diplomatic exchanges, or otherwise undermining the federal authority shall be subject to penalties as determined by federal law. Penalties may include fines, loss of regional autonomy, or any other measures deemed appropriate by the federal government.

5.2 Federal Oversight:
The federal government of Atlasia shall establish mechanisms for monitoring and enforcing compliance with this Act. The regional governments of South, Fremont, and Lincoln shall cooperate fully with federal authorities in implementing and adhering to the provisions outlined herein.

Section 6: Severability

6.1 Severability Clause:
If any provision of this Act is found to be invalid, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.

Section 7: Effective Date

7.1 Effective Date:
This Act shall come into effect 90 days after its passage by the federal legislature.

7.2 Repeal Effective Date:
The repeal of related laws, as mentioned in Section 1.3, shall take effect simultaneously with the enactment of this Act.

Conclusion:
The Atlasia Defense and Diplomatic Authority Act establishes the exclusive authority of the federal government of the Republic of Atlasia over defense matters and diplomatic relations. It prohibits the regions of South, Fremont, and Lincoln from maintaining standing armies or engaging in independent diplomatic exchanges with other independent countries. This Act ensures national security, unity, and effective foreign policy implementation, while maintaining the cooperative involvement of the regional governments of South, Fremont, and Lincoln in matters of defense and security.

To stop civil wars inbetween regions from happening. Atlasia must defend the regions.

And to stop ridicilous attempts such like the negotiations by the South to buy Greenland. Whenever a region can negotiate with a foreign entity it is already de facto an independent country.

Diplomacy & military affairs shall be done on the federal level, period.

Unless we want to have the same thing over again next year and the year after and the year after that.

It is something that weakens the republic and which foreign entities and countries can abuse by setting regions up against each other and destabilizing an "enemy" from within. That's why to the foreign world we must remain united and should have one centralized communication channel, and that's via the Republic of Atlasia. Matters like that shall be done on the Federal level.

We can discuss perhaps moving some issues on the regional level in a separate follow-up act and establishing more properly what should be a regional authority and what should be a federal authority (which currently isn't clarified properly).

Properly, and not with a knife against the throat kind of diplomacy, all sides must engage in such a discussion and debate.

But this act is something that must pass first before we can talk about that.

And this is also why i tried to repeal Lincolns military because this is the only way. But all regions must do it. So the only way for a ban to pass is through the federal level. The federal government should be responsible for the defence of the regions.

-> In case this passes (but only if it passes), i would be open to reviewing Posse Comitatus as well again and possibly passing a heavily modified version by creating a check on the presidential power to use the military by seeking approval of the senate which is how it should be done.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #665 on: July 08, 2023, 02:50:29 PM »

I hereby assume sponsorship of all remaining legislation bot brought to the floor that was introduced by Pyrothefox.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #666 on: July 09, 2023, 08:23:38 PM »

Senate Resolution
To End Selective Service

Be It Resolved in the Atlasian Senate Assembled, that upon ratification by 2/3rds of the Regions, the Fifth Constitution of Atlasia shall be amended as follows:

Quote from: Article I
(...)

Section 6
Neither slavery, nor involuntary servitude, except as punishment for crimes of which the accused has been duly convicted, shall exist within the Republic of Atlasia, nor in any place under its jurisdiction, nor may any conscription into the armed forces or selective draft or other form of compulsory service be instituted. , unless approved by a public referendum in which at least three-fifths of the votes in each of the three regions are in the affirmative. The President shall have the sole authority to authorize the draft referendum.

(...)

This Constitutional Amendment prohibits selective service. Military conscription, or as it more commonly known, "the draft," is the forced enlistment of Atlasian citizens into the armed forces. Legislation had been passed some years ago to eliminate this practice, however integrating this with the First Article of the Constitution shall represent a permanent end to conscription in the Republic and reinforce our commitment to peace.

Reintroducing this for the new session
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #667 on: July 09, 2023, 08:35:35 PM »
« Edited: July 13, 2023, 04:11:44 PM by Senator NewYorkExpress »

The Federal Animal Welfare in Food Act

1. The Commercial Trade and sale, possession of and consumption of Shark Fins and Foie Gras shall be prohibited in Atlasia.

Violations shall be punished by three years in prison for sale, plus a fine of up to $1,000,000 for each item sold.

2. Slaughter of any animal, not done for religious purposes, must be done in a way to not cause pain to the animal. The animal must be unconscious when slaughtered and must have lost consciousnesses in a humane and relatively painless way.

3. The appropriate federal subdepartment shall send inspectors every two weeks to ensure that provisions of this law are being followed. Any violations of this law shall be reported to prosecutors who will bring penalties under appropriate federal laws.

4. Atlasia shall eamark $25,000,000 into research into the development of lab-grown meat.

This legislation shall take effect on January 1, 2024.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #668 on: July 09, 2023, 11:17:55 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2023, 05:13:18 PM by Senator NewYorkExpress »

Appeasing the Philippines Act.

All Atlasian Military personnel and equipment shall be withdrawn from the Philippines within one hundred and eighty days of the passage of this legislation, and all Atlasian Military bases shall be handed over to their Filipino Counterparts during that timeframe.

This legislation shall take effect immediately upon passage.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #669 on: July 10, 2023, 12:36:13 AM »

Wildfire disaster relief aid of 2023

1. $30,000,000 shall be budgeted for disaster relief to aid in recovery from the wildfire in Colorado.

2. $75,000,000 shall be budgeted for disaster relief and foreign aid to help Canada fight and recover from the wildfires in their country.

This legislation shall come into effect immediately.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #670 on: July 11, 2023, 10:42:02 AM »

AN ACT
To nationalize the steel industry

Be it enacted by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia

Section 1. Title

This legislation may be cited as the Atlasian Steel Act.

Section 2. Nationalization

1. All steel manufacturers are brought into public ownership immediately upon passage of this act and shall be placed under the control of an Atlasian Steel Authority.

2. To complete the undertaking as outlined above, the Republic of Atlasia shall establish an Atlasian Steel Authority (hereafter ASA) which shall be comprised of all former privately-held steel companies and shall hold a legal monopoly in these sectors.

3. The purpose of the aforementioned ASA shall be the economization of operations and the modernization of production methods to raise safety and efficiency standards across the country, as well as provide steel at a low cost, prevent competitive waste, and co-ordinate research and development in those sectors.

4. The government of the ASA shall be federal and cooperative. In each region will be established a regional steel authority under a board of directors composed of representatives of labor, the consumers, security, and the environment. The number of labor directors shall be four, and the number of directors for all other constituencies shall be two. Each regional authority will elect five representatives to the national board of directors. Two of the national directors elected by each regional authority shall represent labor, and one each shall represent the consumers, security, and the environment.

5. The labor directors shall be chosen by a vote of the steel workers; the consumer directors by a vote of the regional legislature, the security and environment directors by the regional executive at the regional level and by the president at the federal level.

6. The term of a Board director shall be four years.

7. The President shall appoint a Chair of the ASA Board of Directors who shall have no vote unless they are equally divided. The Chair shall serve a four year term.

8. All persons owning any of the aforementioned industry brought into public ownership shall be fairly compensated for the sale of said industries to the Republic of Atlasia.

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #671 on: July 11, 2023, 10:46:11 AM »

Exploring the Oceanic Megapolis Act

Preamble:

Whereas the world is facing a crisis of overpopulation, climate change, and rising sea levels, and whereas the oceans are essential to the survival of our planet and its inhabitants, the following act is proposed to set up an exploratory commission to create an oceanic floating megalopolis which can mitigate the dangers of the ocean.

Section 1: Establishment of the Exploratory Commission

1.1 An exploratory commission shall be established to study the feasibility and potential benefits of creating an oceanic floating megalopolis.

1.2 The commission shall consist of experts in the fields of marine engineering, architecture, urban planning, environmental science, and other relevant fields.

1.3 The commission shall conduct research, evaluate potential risks and benefits, and propose a plan for the creation of the oceanic floating megalopolis.

1.4 The commission shall submit a report to the relevant governmental bodies within three years of the establishment of the commission.

Section 2: Funding

2.1 An amount of $50 million shall be appropriated for the establishment and operation of the exploratory commission described in Section 1.

2.2 The funds shall be allocated for the commission's research, report production, and operational expenses.

2.3 The funds may also be used to conduct pilot projects to test the viability of the oceanic floating megalopolis concept.

Section 3: Objectives

3.1 The commission shall study and evaluate potential benefits of the oceanic floating megalopolis, including but not limited to:

3.1.1 Providing a safe and sustainable living space for people affected by rising sea levels and natural disasters.

3.1.2 Developing new technology and techniques for oceanic engineering, marine ecology, and sustainable living.

3.1.3 Creating a new frontier for human development and expanding our knowledge of the oceans.

Section 4: Sunset Provision

4.1 This act shall expire three years after its enactment, or upon the submission of the commission's report to the relevant governmental bodies, whichever comes first.

Passed 4-4-4-6 in the Atlasian Senate assembled with the Vice President as tiebreaker.

- Laki, Deputy PPT
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #672 on: July 11, 2023, 10:56:40 AM »

The Greenland Independence and Environmental Protection Act

Section 1: Purpose and Scope

1.1 Purpose:
The purpose of this Act is to grant independence to Greenland, currently part of the South region in the Republic of Atlasia, and establish a free association between Greenland and the Republic of Atlasia. This Act aims to ensure the protection of Greenland's vulnerable lands, prohibit exploitation, and promote sustainable development in accordance with environmental preservation principles.

1.2 Scope:
This Act applies specifically to Greenland, recognizing its sovereignty as an independent nation and establishing guidelines for the free association with the Republic of Atlasia.

Section 2: Independence of Greenland

2.1 Independence and Free Association:
Greenland shall be granted full independence as a sovereign nation, separate from the Republic of Atlasia. The Republic of Atlasia shall establish a free association agreement with Greenland, promoting cooperation and mutual assistance in various areas of common interest.

2.2 Territorial Sovereignty:
The territorial integrity and sovereignty of Greenland shall be respected and protected by the Republic of Atlasia and the international community. Any claims, disputes, or conflicts related to Greenland's territory shall be resolved peacefully through diplomatic means.

Section 3: Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development

3.1 Preservation of Vulnerable Lands:
Greenland's vulnerable lands, including its unique ecosystems, natural resources, and cultural heritage, shall be protected and preserved. The exploitation of such lands shall be prohibited, and strict regulations shall be implemented to ensure their long-term sustainability and ecological integrity.

3.2 Sustainable Development Principles:
Greenland and the Republic of Atlasia shall prioritize sustainable development practices in their policies and actions. This includes promoting renewable energy, responsible resource management, sustainable tourism, and environmentally friendly practices that minimize carbon emissions and protect biodiversity.

3.3 Environmental Cooperation:
Greenland and the Republic of Atlasia shall establish a framework for environmental cooperation, including the exchange of knowledge, technology, and best practices in environmental conservation. Joint efforts shall be made to address climate change, protect marine ecosystems, and conserve natural resources.

Section 4: Revocation of South's Control over Greenland

4.1 Termination of South's Administrative Control:
The South region's administrative control over Greenland shall be revoked, and Greenland shall have full autonomy in governing its internal affairs, including legislation, taxation, and administration.

4.2 Smooth Transition:
The Republic of Atlasia shall facilitate a smooth transition of responsibilities from the South region to Greenland, ensuring the efficient transfer of resources, personnel, and assets necessary for the independent governance of Greenland.

Section 5: Bilateral Relations and Cooperation

5.1 Free Association Agreement:
The Republic of Atlasia and Greenland shall negotiate and establish a free association agreement, defining the terms of cooperation and mutual assistance in various fields, including but not limited to trade, security, cultural exchange, and diplomatic relations.

5.2 Mutual Respect and Cooperation:
Both the Republic of Atlasia and Greenland shall uphold principles of mutual respect, non-interference, and equal partnership in their bilateral relations. Regular consultations and dialogue shall be maintained to address shared concerns and promote harmonious cooperation.

Section 6: Severability

6.1 Severability Clause:
If any provision of this Act is found to be invalid, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.

Section 7: Effective Date

7.1 Effective Date:
This Act shall come into effect immediately upon its passage by the federal legislature.

Conclusion:
The Greenland Independence and Environmental Protection Act grants full independence to Greenland, establishes a free association agreement with the Republic of Atlasia, and emphasizes the preservation of Greenland's vulnerable lands and resources. This Act promotes sustainable development practices, revokes the South region's control over Greenland, and sets the stage for a respectful and cooperative relationship between Greenland and the Republic of Atlasia.

PRIORITIZE over what other stuff i have in queue
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #673 on: July 11, 2023, 11:06:30 AM »
« Edited: July 11, 2023, 11:11:23 AM by Laki 🇧🇪❤️🇺🇦 »

Restoring the Hawaiian Monarchy

Section 1: Restoration of the Hawaiian Monarchy

1.1 Restoration of the Hawaiian Monarchy:
The Hawaiian Monarchy, as a constitutional and ceremonial position, shall be restored with the recognition of the Kawānanakoa Line. Quentin Kawānanakoa, as the rightful heir from the Kawānanakoa Line, shall be restored as the new King of Hawaii. The position shall carry symbolic significance and represent the cultural and historical heritage of the Hawaiian people.

1.2 Selection Process:
The restoration of the Hawaiian Monarchy and the selection of the King shall be conducted through a culturally appropriate and inclusive mechanism that reflects the wishes and aspirations of the Hawaiian community, with due consideration given to the hereditary rights of the Kawānanakoa Line.

Section 2: Recognition of Native Hawaiians

2.1 Rights for Native Hawaiians:
Native Hawaiians, as the ancestral people of the lands, shall have their rights recognized and protected. These rights shall include, but not be limited to, the preservation of cultural practices, access to traditional lands and resources, and the promotion of their social, economic, and political well-being.

2.2 Native Hawaiian Religion:
The native Hawaiian religion shall be officially recognized and respected as an integral part of the cultural and spiritual heritage of Hawaii. The free exercise of the native Hawaiian religion shall be protected, and efforts shall be made to promote its preservation and understanding.

Section 3: Preservation of Hawaiian Language

3.1 Preservation of the Hawaiian Language:
Efforts shall be made to preserve, promote, and revitalize the Hawaiian language. Educational programs, resources, and initiatives shall be established to ensure the continued use and teaching of the Hawaiian language. The Hawaiian language shall be recognized as an official language over the territory of Hawaii alongside English.

Section 4: Increased Autonomy for Hawaii

4.1 Autonomy of Hawaii:
While Hawaii shall remain part of the Republic of Atlasia, increased autonomy shall be granted to Hawaii to manage its internal affairs. The First Minister of Fremont shall maintain control over Hawaii as a representative of the Republic of Atlasia, while respecting the cultural and political autonomy of the Hawaiian people.

4.2 Role of the Monarch:
The Monarch of Hawaii, Quentin Kawānanakoa, shall assume a ceremonial role in religious and spiritual affairs, providing guidance and fostering unity among the people. The Monarch shall work in collaboration with local religious leaders and communities to promote understanding, tolerance, and respect for diverse faith traditions. Additionally, the Monarch shall be granted the authority to conduct diplomatic affairs in a manner similar to that of the Pope, representing Hawaii in international forums and engaging in diplomatic exchanges, while coordinating with the Republic of Atlasia on matters of mutual interest.

4.3 Representation in International Sports Events:
Hawaii shall be allowed to participate in international sports events under a Hawaii banner. Hawaii's athletes shall have the opportunity to represent their homeland in various international competitions, promoting the unique sporting identity of Hawaii and fostering cultural exchange through sports diplomacy.

Section 5: Implementation and Support

5.1 Implementation and Support:
The Republic of Atlasia shall provide necessary resources, support, and collaboration to facilitate the implementation of this Act, including the establishment of appropriate institutions, legal frameworks, and funding mechanisms to ensure a smooth transition and effective governance under the restored Hawaiian Monarchy.

Conclusion:
The Restoration of the Restoring The Hawaiian Monarchy Act acknowledges the rightful heir from the Kawānanakoa Line, Quentin Kawānanakoa, as the new King of Hawaii. The Act aims to restore the Hawaiian Monarchy as a constitutional and ceremonial position, recognize and protect the rights of Native Hawaiians, preserve the native Hawaiian religion, promote the Hawaiian language, increase autonomy for Hawaii, grant diplomatic autonomy to the Monarch, and allow Hawaii's representation in international sports events under a Hawaii banner. The Act seeks to honor the cultural and historical heritage of Hawaii, provide diplomatic opportunities, and celebrate Hawaii's sporting identity within the framework of the Republic of Atlasia.

Prioritize as third after Greenland and Atlasia Defence and Authority Act
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #674 on: July 13, 2023, 12:17:24 PM »

Fostering Atlasian Cinema

Section 1: Promotion of Independent, Original, and Foreign Cinema

1.1 Support for Independent Filmmaking:
a) Establish the Independent Film Development Fund, providing financial grants, loans, and tax incentives specifically aimed at supporting independent, original, and foreign filmmakers in Atlasia. The fund will prioritize projects that exhibit artistic excellence, cultural diversity, and original storytelling.
b) Create the Independent Film Promotion Office, tasked with promoting and marketing independent, original, and foreign films domestically and internationally. The office will collaborate with film festivals, distributors, and digital platforms to enhance the visibility and accessibility of independent films.
c) Encourage partnerships between independent filmmakers and local film schools or training institutions to facilitate mentorship, training, and networking opportunities for emerging talent.

1.2 Prevention of Monopolization and Market Diversity:
a) Conduct regular assessments of the cinema market to identify and prevent monopolistic practices, ensuring fair competition and diversity of film offerings.
b) Implement regulations to promote fair distribution and exhibition practices, including quotas for the screening of independent, original, and foreign films in theaters and on digital platforms.
c) Encourage local theater chains to allocate dedicated screens or time slots for independent, original, and foreign films to enhance audience access.
d) Establish the Atlasia Cinema Diversity Initiative to provide financial incentives and support for underrepresented filmmakers, including women, minorities, and marginalized communities, to ensure their voices are heard and their stories are represented on screen.

Section 2: Rights and Protections for Filmmakers

2.1 Contractual Obligations and Fair Compensation:
a) Establish guidelines for standard contracts that outline the rights, compensation, and working conditions of actors, screenwriters, and crewmembers.
b) Require production companies to provide timely and fair payment for services rendered.
c) Enforce penalties for non-compliance with contractual obligations, including fines, mandatory restitution of unpaid wages, and suspension or revocation of production licenses.

2.2 Harassment, Discrimination, and Abuse:
a) Mandate the adoption and implementation of comprehensive anti-harassment policies on film sets and in production companies.
b) Establish reporting mechanisms for incidents of harassment, discrimination, and abuse.
c) Enforce sanctions for offenders, including fines, suspension or termination of employment in the film industry, and legal action in accordance with Atlasia's anti-discrimination and labor laws.

2.3 Workplace Safety and Health:
a) Establish safety guidelines for film productions, including protocols for hazardous working conditions, stunts, and on-set emergencies.
b) Conduct regular inspections and enforce penalties for violations of safety regulations, such as fines, mandatory safety training programs, and suspension or revocation of production licenses.

2.4 Protection of Intellectual Property:
a) Strengthen copyright laws to safeguard the intellectual property rights of filmmakers.
b) Enforce penalties for unauthorized use or reproduction of a filmmaker's work, including statutory damages, injunctions, and potential criminal charges for deliberate infringement.

2.5 Whistleblower Protection:
a) Implement measures to protect individuals who report violations, including anonymous reporting channels and safeguards against retaliation.
b) Establish legal remedies for whistleblowers who experience retaliation, such as compensation for damages and lost wages, and penalties for production companies found guilty of retaliation.

Section 3: Ethical Filmmaking and Cultural Authenticity

3.1 Ethical Casting and Representation:
a) Encourage casting practices that prioritize the authentic representation of characters, cultures, and experiences.
b) Require that non-Atlasian settings and foreign cultures be portrayed by actors, experts, and crewmembers from those respective backgrounds, ensuring cultural context and accuracy.

3.2 Filming in Foreign Languages:
a) Encourage filmmakers to produce films in the language spoken in the setting of the story.
b) Provide incentives and resources for filmmakers to hire linguists and cultural consultants to ensure linguistic and cultural authenticity.

Section 4: Sustainability and Environmental Responsibility

4.1 Sustainable Production Practices:
a) Establish guidelines for sustainable film production, including energy-efficient technologies, waste reduction and recycling measures, and responsible use of resources.
b) Encourage production companies to adopt environmentally friendly practices such as using renewable energy sources, minimizing carbon emissions, and reducing single-use plastics on film sets.

4.2 Environmental Impact Assessments:
a) Require production companies to conduct environmental impact assessments prior to filming, identifying potential ecological risks and developing mitigation strategies to minimize negative impacts.
b) Promote location scouting that considers the preservation of natural habitats, cultural sites, and sensitive ecosystems, and encourages minimal disruption to the environment.

4.3 Eco-Friendly Initiatives:
a) Incentivize the use of eco-friendly production materials, equipment, and technologies by providing tax credits or financial support for environmentally sustainable practices.
b) Encourage collaboration with local environmental organizations to promote environmental awareness and education within the film industry.

4.4 Reporting and Recognition:
a) Establish a reporting system for film productions to disclose their environmental impact and sustainability efforts, promoting transparency and accountability.
b) Recognize and celebrate environmentally responsible film productions through awards and certifications that highlight their commitment to sustainability.

Section 5: Streaming Service Regulations

5.1 Streaming Service Regulations:
a) Require streaming services operating within the Republic of Atlasia to maintain a diverse catalog of films, including independent, original, and foreign titles, with a focus on representing various regions and cultures.
b) Establish regulations for streaming services to cooperate and share information to combat piracy, including prompt takedown procedures for infringing content.
c) Encourage streaming services to ensure affordable pricing structures, providing accessible options for audiences of diverse backgrounds and economic means.
d) Establish guidelines for subtitling or providing language options for films on streaming platforms to enhance accessibility for viewers.
e) Collaborate with streaming services to support the development of subtitling and translation tools to facilitate the availability of films in multiple languages.

5.2 Compliance and Penalties:
a) Conduct regular audits and assessments of streaming services to ensure compliance with the regulations outlined in this Act.
b) Establish penalties for streaming services found in violation, including fines, suspension of operations, or banning from operating within the Republic of Atlasia.

Section 6: Enforcement and Compliance

6.1 Regulatory Bodies and Oversight:
a) Establish a dedicated regulatory body, such as the Independent Cinema Promotion and Ethical Filmmaking Authority, responsible for overseeing compliance with the Act and enforcing its provisions.
b) Empower the regulatory body to conduct investigations, inspections, and audits of film productions to ensure adherence to the code.
c) Provide the regulatory body with the authority to issue warnings, sanctions, and fines for violations.

6.2 Penalties for Violations:

6.2.1 First Offense:
a) Issuance of a warning or violation notice.
b) Mandatory participation in educational programs on ethical filmmaking practices.
c) Requirement to rectify the violation within a specified timeframe.

6.2.2 Repeat Offenses:
a) Monetary fines based on the severity and impact of the violation, with increasing penalties for repeated offenses.
b) Suspension or revocation of permits, licenses, or funding for a specified period.
c) Temporary or permanent exclusion from accessing government grants or incentives.
d) Ineligibility for participation in certain film festivals or competitions.

6.2.3 Intellectual Property Violations:
a) Penalties for copyright infringement, including statutory damages, restitution, and legal costs.
b) Injunctions to cease distribution or exhibition of the infringing work.
c) Potential criminal charges for deliberate and willful copyright infringement.

6.2.4 Harassment and Discrimination:
a) Implementation of a zero-tolerance policy for workplace harassment, with penalties for individuals found guilty of harassment, discrimination, or abuse.
b) Fines and legal action against production companies found to have fostered a hostile work environment or failed to address reported incidents.

6.2.5 Unethical Casting Practices:
a) Requirement to provide detailed casting documentation, including the rationale behind casting decisions, to the regulatory body upon request.
b) Fines for casting directors or production companies found to have engaged in discriminatory or exploitative casting practices.
c) Prohibition from receiving certain government funding or incentives for a specified period.

6.3 Whistleblower Protection:
a) Establish protections for individuals who report violations of the Act, including provisions for anonymous reporting and safeguards against retaliation.
b) Ensure that whistleblowers are shielded from adverse consequences and have access to legal remedies if they experience retaliation.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies