Senate Legislation Introduction Thread (New)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:47:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Legislation Introduction Thread (New)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 37
Author Topic: Senate Legislation Introduction Thread (New)  (Read 35489 times)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: February 07, 2022, 09:48:34 PM »

Introducing on behalf of Mr. Revolutionary

1776 ACT

SECTION I: NAME
a. This act shall be known as the 1984 = 1776 Act

SECTION II: HALTING ILLUMINATI TAKEOVER OF ATLASIA
a. Beginning January 1, 2023, the design of the reverse side of all one-dollar bills produced in 2020 and thereafter shall be changed from the current design by replacing the reverse of the Great Seal with the obverse of the Great Seal.

b. Beginning January 1, 2023, all federal employees who receive more than $20 from the illuminati or Bilderberg Group in a calendar year shall be required to annually disclose such payment. 5 U.S.C. App. 1 shall be amended accordingly.

c. Beginning January 1, 2023 the maximum allowable level of fluoride allowed in drinking water subject to federal regulation shall be reduced to 0.5mg/L (0.5 ppm). 40 C.F.R. 141 shall be amended accordingly.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #151 on: February 07, 2022, 09:55:25 PM »

Citizen Referred Bill:

POOP AND PENISES ACT

SECTION I. NAME.

This Act shall be called the Poop and Penises Act

SECTION II. FEDERAL FACILITIES MUST COMPLY WITH SOME REGIONAL RULES

a. 42 U.S.C. 9620(a) is hereby amended to require that each department, agency, and instrumentality of Atlasia shall be subject to, and comply with, at facilities that are or have been owned or operated by any such department, agency, or instrumentality, Regional or State substantive and procedural requirements regarding response relating to hazardous substances or pollutants or contaminants, including State hazardous waste requirements, in the same manner and to the same extent as any nongovernmental entity.

B, Atlasia hereby expressly waives any immunity otherwise applicable to Atlasia with respect to any Regional or State substantive or procedural requirement referred to in this act, including immunity from injunctive relief, civil penalties, criminal sanctions.

SECTION III. POOP

a. 42 U.S.C. 9601 is amended by adding the following new section at the end
thereof:

SECTION 312. EXCEPTION FOR MANURE

a. Upon the date of enactment of this section, manure shall not be included in the meaning of `hazardous substance' under section 101(14) of this Act or `pollutant or contaminant' under section 101(33) of this Act.

b. The enactment of this section shall not be construed to impose any liability or paperwork requirements under provisions of the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act of 1986 for manure.

c. Nothing in this section shall affect the applicability of any other environmental
statute as it relates to the definition of manure, or the responsibilities or liabilities of any person regarding, the treatment, storage, or disposal of manure.

d. 100 Stat. 1655 is amended by adding the following at the end thereof:
The notification requirements under this subsection shall not apply to releases associated with manure (as defined in section 312 of the Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation and Liability Act.
e. Definition - For the purposes of this section, the term `manure' mean:
     1. digestive emissions, feces, urine, urea and other excrement from livestock (as defined by 7 C.F.R. 205.2);
     2. any associated bedding, compost, raw materials or other materials commingled with such excrement from livestock (as defined by 7 C.F.R. 205.2);
     3. any process water associated with the items referred to in paragraph (1) or (2); and
     4. any byproducts, constituents, or substances contained in, originating from, or emissions relating to the items described in paragraph (1), (2), or (3).''.

SECTION IV: HORSE PENISES

a. The regulation making it a federal crime to import a foreign stallion from a region affected by Contagious Equine Metritis if you don't wash its fully-erect penis on five consecutive days and apply ointment to it after it's tested negative for the disease is hereby eliminated. 9 CFR §93.301(e)(3)(i)(A) shall be amended accordingly.

b. The regulation making it a federal crime to temporarily import a foreign horse for entertainment purposes and let its genitals get examined for a non-medical reason is hereby eliminated. 9 CFR §93.301(f)(5)(vii) shall be amended accordingly.

c. The regulation prohibiting foreign show horses that are temporarily in Atlasia for competitions from having sex is hereby eliminated. 9 CFR 93.301(f)(5)(vii) shall be amended accordingly.

SECTION V: TIME

a. Unless otherwise specified herein, this act shall take effect 120 days from the date of passage.

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #152 on: February 08, 2022, 11:10:52 AM »

I'm okay with placing this in the administrative slot, or another senator can sponsor. It's also from Mr. R:

PROTECTING OUR PRIVACY ACT

a. No federal department or agency shall require the use of facial recognition technology, fingerprint scanning technology, implantable microchip technology, retinal scanning technology, or DNA scanning technology, in the processing of any tax forms, benefit applications, licenses, permits, or other paperwork. This shall not apply to the requirement that certain federal employees or contractors submit fingerprints as part of an enhanced background check.

b. No federal funds appropriated to the Regions for infrastructure purposes shall be used for the purchase, installation, repair, maintenance, or operation of speed cameras or red light cameras.

c. This act shall take effect immediately.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #153 on: February 10, 2022, 12:38:53 PM »

A RESOLUTION
To restore order in Atlasia

Section I.
I. This Act may be cited as the Democracy Resolution.

Section II.

I. The Republic of Atlasia hereby denounces all efforts to overturn the January 2022 gubernational elections in the Southern Region, whether they were intended to be serious or not. 

II. The Republic of Atlasia recognizes that LouisvilleThunder has been elected as Governor of the Southern Region.

III. The Republic of Atlasia recognizes that Donerail's repeated attempts to overturn the election results are damaging to both democracy and the union, and should be condemned.

AN ACT
To restore democratic principles in Atlasia

Section I.
I. This Act may be cited as the Saving Democracy Act.

Section II.

I. All candidates running for political office, whether this is at the regional or federal level, must agree to concede the election if they have clearly lost.

II. Losing candidates may request a recount if they are within a 5% margin.  This recount must be conducted in a bipartisan manner.

Section III.

I. Losing candidates may not form their own government, attempt to revert or deny the results of a certified election, or weaken the integrity of the union, no matter what their intentions are.

II. Edit warring and vandalism on the wiki, used to preserve and document Atlasia's history, will not be permitted.  Repeated attempts may result in a ban from editing.

Invoking Article 2, Section 2 and blocking these bills. They will not be on the floor.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #154 on: February 10, 2022, 12:41:25 PM »

AN ACT

Be it enacted by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia asssembled

Section 1. Title

This legislation shall be cited as the Terrorist Designation Act.

Section 2. Designation of the Liberal Party of Canada as a terrorist group

Upon passage of this law, the Liberal Party of Canada shall be designated as a "Foreign Terrorist Organization".

This will not be on the floor either.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #155 on: February 10, 2022, 12:51:39 PM »

A RESOLUTION

Section I.

Section II.

I. The Republic of Atlasia hereby denounces all efforts to overturn the January 2022 gubernational elections in the Southern Region, whether they were intended to be serious or not. 

II. The Republic of Atlasia recognizes that LouisvilleThunder has been elected as Governor of the Southern Region.

III. The Republic of Atlasia recognizes that Donerail's repeated attempts to overturn the election results are damaging to both democracy and the union, and should be condemned.

AN ACT

Section I.

Section II.

I. All candidates running for political office, whether this is at the regional or federal level, must agree to concede the election if they have clearly lost.

II. Losing candidates may request a recount if they are within a 5% margin.  This recount must be conducted in a bipartisan manner.

Section III.

I. Losing candidates may not form their own government, attempt to revert or deny the results of a certified election, or weaken the integrity of the union, no matter what their intentions are.

II. Edit warring and vandalism on the wiki, used to preserve and document Atlasia's history, will not be permitted.  Repeated attempts may result in a ban from editing.

Invoking Article 2, Section 2 and blocking these bills. They will not be on the floor.

This is an extreme breach of your authority.  You brought frivolous bills about spark, LT, and Wulfric onto the floor, so why are these being blocked? 
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #156 on: February 10, 2022, 12:59:21 PM »

A RESOLUTION

Section I.

Section II.

AN ACT

Section I.

Section II.

Section III.

This is an extreme breach of your authority.  You brought frivolous bills about spark, LT, and Wulfric onto the floor, so why are these being blocked? 
Y'all should motion to override his decision.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #157 on: February 12, 2022, 06:34:13 PM »

I'm okay with placing this in the administrative slot, or another senator can sponsor. It's also from Mr. R:

a. No federal department or agency shall require the use of facial recognition technology, fingerprint scanning technology, implantable microchip technology, retinal scanning technology, or DNA scanning technology, in the processing of any tax forms, benefit applications, licenses, permits, or other paperwork. This shall not apply to the requirement that certain federal employees or contractors submit fingerprints as part of an enhanced background check.

b. No federal funds appropriated to the Regions for infrastructure purposes shall be used for the purchase, installation, repair, maintenance, or operation of speed cameras or red light cameras.

I am happy to sponsor this to further the butlerian jihad.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #158 on: February 12, 2022, 06:37:14 PM »

I am happy to sponsor this to further the butlerian jihad.

Sounds good to me.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #159 on: February 12, 2022, 08:35:23 PM »

Citizen Referred Bill:

POOP AND PENISES ACT

SECTION I. NAME.

This Act shall be called the Poop and Penises Act

SECTION II. FEDERAL FACILITIES MUST COMPLY WITH SOME REGIONAL RULES

a. 42 U.S.C. 9620(a) is hereby amended to require that each department, agency, and instrumentality of Atlasia shall be subject to, and comply with, at facilities that are or have been owned or operated by any such department, agency, or instrumentality, Regional or State substantive and procedural requirements regarding response relating to hazardous substances or pollutants or contaminants, including State hazardous waste requirements, in the same manner and to the same extent as any nongovernmental entity.

B, Atlasia hereby expressly waives any immunity otherwise applicable to Atlasia with respect to any Regional or State substantive or procedural requirement referred to in this act, including immunity from injunctive relief, civil penalties, criminal sanctions.

SECTION III. POOP

a. 42 U.S.C. 9601 is amended by adding the following new section at the end
thereof:

SECTION 312. EXCEPTION FOR MANURE

a. Upon the date of enactment of this section, manure shall not be included in the meaning of `hazardous substance' under section 101(14) of this Act or `pollutant or contaminant' under section 101(33) of this Act.

b. The enactment of this section shall not be construed to impose any liability or paperwork requirements under provisions of the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act of 1986 for manure.

c. Nothing in this section shall affect the applicability of any other environmental
statute as it relates to the definition of manure, or the responsibilities or liabilities of any person regarding, the treatment, storage, or disposal of manure.

d. 100 Stat. 1655 is amended by adding the following at the end thereof:
The notification requirements under this subsection shall not apply to releases associated with manure (as defined in section 312 of the Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation and Liability Act.
e. Definition - For the purposes of this section, the term `manure' mean:
     1. digestive emissions, feces, urine, urea and other excrement from livestock (as defined by 7 C.F.R. 205.2);
     2. any associated bedding, compost, raw materials or other materials commingled with such excrement from livestock (as defined by 7 C.F.R. 205.2);
     3. any process water associated with the items referred to in paragraph (1) or (2); and
     4. any byproducts, constituents, or substances contained in, originating from, or emissions relating to the items described in paragraph (1), (2), or (3).''.

SECTION IV: HORSE PENISES

a. The regulation making it a federal crime to import a foreign stallion from a region affected by Contagious Equine Metritis if you don't wash its fully-erect penis on five consecutive days and apply ointment to it after it's tested negative for the disease is hereby eliminated. 9 CFR §93.301(e)(3)(i)(A) shall be amended accordingly.

b. The regulation making it a federal crime to temporarily import a foreign horse for entertainment purposes and let its genitals get examined for a non-medical reason is hereby eliminated. 9 CFR §93.301(f)(5)(vii) shall be amended accordingly.

c. The regulation prohibiting foreign show horses that are temporarily in Atlasia for competitions from having sex is hereby eliminated. 9 CFR 93.301(f)(5)(vii) shall be amended accordingly.

a. Unless otherwise specified herein, this act shall take effect 120 days from the date of passage.

Sponsored.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #160 on: February 12, 2022, 08:40:05 PM »

Indexing the Child Tax Credit to Inflation Act
1. The child tax credit is to be indexed to inflation from the 2023 fiscal year onwards.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #161 on: February 13, 2022, 01:56:49 AM »

Kanye West Act

a. This act shall be known as the Kanye West Act

SECTION II: PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE
a. Upon passage of this bill, all references to "Black History Month" by the federal government of Atlasia shall be amended to refer to "Black History and Black Future Month."
b. This shall take effect for all Februaries beginning in 2023.

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #162 on: February 13, 2022, 02:11:53 AM »

Hydrogenated Steel Pilot Project

a. 15% of all steel producers in Atlasia shall be randomly selected to participate in the Hydrogenated Steel Pilot Project (Hence known as HSPP). These steel producers shall be offered a 10% tax credit on their corporate tax for the next two years.

b. HSPP shall run for 10 years, at which point a future Congress shall choose to renew the program, if it was successful, and discontinue it, if it was unsuccessful.

c. These steel producers shall study the feasibility of using electrolyzed electricity to produce pure hydrogen gas and using it in place of "met" coal to produce steel from iron

d. After 5 years, based on the success of the HSPP, steel producers chosen to participate in this program may choose to begin selling the "green hydrogen steel" to other domestic steel producers or to foreign steel producers.

e. If the HSPP is successful after 10 years, and was extended by Congress, a 10 year phaseout of "met coal" steel shall begin. The phase out shall occur in the following phases, and shall be facilitated by the following incentives, the incentives shall phase out once the date or the percentage desired is reached (whichever comes first):

Phase 0 (complete): 15% of Atlasian steel producers, 10% tax credit on corporate tax for next two years
Phase 1 (Years 1-3): 35% of Atlasian steel producers (additional 20%), 15% credit on corporate tax for next year
Phase 2 (Years 3-6): 65% of Atlasian steel producers (additional 30%), 7% credit on corporate tax for next year
Phase 4 (Years 6-8): 90% of Atlasian steel producers (Additional 25), 3% credit on corporate tax for next year
Phase 5 (Years 8-10): 100% of Atlasian steel producers (Additional 10%), no incentive

f. Any steel producer still using "met coal" after Year 10 of the phaseout shall face a fine of no less than $50 million dollars.

g. $500 billion shall be allocated to the HSPP over a period of 10 years

h. Appropriations shall be paid for by a 2.5% VAT, which shall raise $80 billion a year
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #163 on: February 21, 2022, 01:28:24 AM »

Pre-filing this bill:

EQUITY ACT

1. No federal funds shall be expended for the purchase of one-ply toilet paper.

2. No federal funds shall be expended for the purchase of toilet paper for the White House, Supreme Court, Atlasian Capitol building, appurtenant offices, and/or other federal buildings that is of different, varying, or inferior or superior quality to toilet paper provided in or on any other federal property.

3. It is the position of the Senate of Atlasia that no officer or employee of the Atlasian government shall receive better quality toilet paper in public toilets than is available to the general public in such toilets.

4. This act shall take effect within thirty (30) days of passage.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #164 on: February 21, 2022, 01:30:47 AM »

Prefiling this bill:

SUPPLY CHAIN ENHANCEMENT ACT

a. This act shall be known as the Supply Chain Enhancement Act

SECTION II: LACEY ACT REFORMS
a. The regulations required under the Lacey Act shall not apply to hardwood trees or products thereof. 16 USC 3371 - 3378 shall be amended accordingly.
b. The regulations required under the Lacey Act for applying foreign law shall only consider environmental and conservation laws. 16 USC 3371 – 3378.

SECTION III: JONES ACT REFORM
a. The regulations on foreign vessels or domestic vessels without a requisite percentage of Atlasian crew members on engaging in cabotage in Atlasia is hereby repealed. 46 U.S.C. § 55102 - 55113, 46 U.S.C. § 55116 - 55122, 46 U.S.C. § 8103, and 46 U.S.C. § 12103 (Jones Act) is hereby repealed.

SECTION IV: TIMING
a. This act shall go into effect thirty (30) days after the date of passage.

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #165 on: February 21, 2022, 01:32:53 AM »

Pre-filing this bill:

ATF OFF ACT

Senate Bill
to make sensible criminal justice reforms

a. This act shall be called the ATF Off Act.

SECTION II: CIVIL PENALTIES FOR VIOLATIONS BY FFL HOLDERS
a. 18 USC 923 is hereby amended by inserting the following:
e. If the Attorney General determines that a federal firearms licensee under this section has willfully violated any provision of this chapter or any regulation prescribed under this chapter, the Attorney General may:
   1. if the violation is of a minor nature
      A. Impose on the licensee a civil money penalty of not more than $1,000 for each such violation, except that the total amount of penalties imposed on a licensee under this subclause for violations arising from a single inspection or examination shall not exceed $5,000; or
      B. suspend the license for not more than 30 days, and specify the circumstances under which the suspension is to be terminated, if, in the period for which the license is in effect, there have been at least 2 prior occasions on which the licensee has been determined to have violated this chapter; or
   2. if the violation is of a serious nature
      A. Impose on the licensee a civil money penalty of not more than $2,500 for each such violation, except that the total amount of penalties imposed on a licensee under this subclause for a violations arising from a single inspection or examination shall not exceed $15,000;
      B. Suspend the license for not more than 90 days, and specify the circumstances under which the suspension is to be terminated;
      C. Revoke the license;
b. In determining the amount of a civil money penalty to impose herein on a licensee, the nature and severity of the violation involved, the size of the firearms business operated by the licensee, and the prior record of the licensee shall be considered.
c. The total amount of penalties imposed on a licensee with respect to violations of a minor nature and of a serious nature arising from a single inspection or examination shall not exceed $15,000.
d. If 2 or more firearms were transferred during a single transaction that shall be considered a single violation of the provision.
e. On request of the licensee, the Attorney General shall stay the effective date of any penalty, suspension, or revocation until there has been a final, nonreviewable judgment with respect to the determination involved, unless, in the case of a suspension or revocation of a licensee, the Attorney General establishes, at a hearing before an administrative law judge, by clear and convincing evidence, that the continued operation by the licensee of the business poses an immediate and grave threat to public safety.
f. If the Attorney General is made aware that a business licensed under this chapter has transferred to a surviving spouse or child of the licensee, to an executor, administrator, or other legal representative of a deceased licensee; or to a receiver or trustee in bankruptcy, or an assignee for benefit of creditors, and, before the transfer, or on the first inspection or examination by the Attorney General of the records of the licensee after the transfer, the licensee is found to be operating the business in violation of this chapter, the Attorney General:
   1. shall notify the transferee of the violation by the transferor; and
   2. shall not presume that the transferee is committing the violation.

SECTION III: DEFINITIONS
a. A violation of this chapter shall be considered to be of a serious nature if the violation:
   1. results in or could have resulted in the transfer of a firearm or ammunition to a person prohibited from possessing or receiving the firearm or ammunition under this chapter or under Regional, State or local law;
   2. obstructs or could have obstructed a bona fide criminal investigation or prosecution, or an inspection or examination under this chapter
b. A violation of this chapter shall be considered to be of a minor nature if the violation is not of a serious nature.
c. Willfully means, with respect to conduct of a person, that the person knew of a legal duty, and engaged in the conduct knowingly and in intentional disregard of the duty.
d. False entry shall mean materially false entry
e. Appropriate entry shall mean a materially significant entry
f. Properly maintain shall mean retain custody of.

SECTION IV: EQUAL RIGHTS AND EQUAL TREATMENT
a. The prohibition on FFL holders selling a handgun to persons under the age of 21 shall be lowered to 19. 18 U.S.C. 922(b) shall be amended accordingly.
b. The Let Them Do Their Job Act is hereby repealed.
c. The National Firearms Act (NFA) 26 USC §5801 - 5872, the Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA) 18 USC §921 - 931, and the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act (Brady Act) 18 USC §921 - 922, are hereby repealed.

a. This Act shall take effect at the end of the 180-day period that begins with the date of the enactment of this Act.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #166 on: February 21, 2022, 01:34:43 AM »

Pre-filing this bill:

DAM IT ACT

Senate Bill
to make smarter choices with our county's money and resources

a. On or before January 1, 2024, the following federal assets shall be auctioned off:
   1. The Bonneville Power Administration and all related property and contracts
   2. The Rural Utility Service and all related property and contracts
   3. The Southeastern Power Administration and all related property and contracts
   4. The Southwestern Power Administration and all related property and contracts
   5. The Tennessee Valley Authority and all related property and contracts
   6. The Western Area Power Administration and all related property and contracts
   7. The 58 hydroelectric dams owned by the Bureau of Reclamation and all related property and contracts.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #167 on: February 21, 2022, 01:43:33 AM »

Pre-filing this bill:

STAMPING OUT RACISM ACT

Senate Bill

To eliminate structural systemic discrimination based on race.

Be it enacted,

1. The Minority Business Development Agency is hereby abolished.

2. Any laws relating to the Minority Business Development Agency are repealed.

3. Any college or university in Atlasia receiving federal funding is hereby banned from using race, color, or ethnicity as a factor in admissions in any form whatsoever. Failure to abide by this law shall result in the disqualification of the college or university from receiving federal funds for a year.

4. The Hate Crimes Prevention Act is hereby repealed.

5. None of the following government documents issued by the government of Atlasia shall require the recordation of the race, color, or ethnicity on either the application for or the document itself:

A. Firearm's Licenses
B. Hunting Licenses
C. Fishing Licenses
D. Library Cards
E. SNAP EBT Cards
F. Social Security Cards
G. Environmental Permits
H. Tax documents

6. This act shall take effect 30 days after becoming law.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #168 on: February 21, 2022, 04:52:43 PM »

Staten Island Sale Act'

Be it enacted, by the Council of Lincoln assembled

1. The island of Staten Island shall be put on sale for ten billion dollars to any country.
2. Following the sale of Staten Island, the island of Staten Island shall not be considered part of New York City, New York, or the region of Lincoln.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #169 on: February 21, 2022, 08:46:04 PM »

Staten Island Sale Act'

Be it enacted, by the Council of Lincoln assembled

1. The island of Staten Island shall be put on sale for ten billion dollars to any country.
2. Following the sale of Staten Island, the island of Staten Island shall not be considered part of New York City, New York, or the region of Lincoln.

Frivolous. I will not be bringing this to the floor.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #170 on: February 21, 2022, 10:00:46 PM »

Lincoln has already rejected the proposed legislation. The federal government should respect that precedent, and I thank WD for his wise action.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #171 on: February 22, 2022, 08:36:19 AM »

REGULATORY PROCESS REFORM ACT
A SENATE BILL
To reform the process of regulations being implemented by executive agencies
Be it enacted

Section I: Title

1. This bill shall be called the Regulatory Process Reform Act

Section II: Process Changes

1. A cost benefit analysis shall be required to be done of any regulations proposed by an executive agency before the regulation gets implemented.

2. Any regulation deemed to have a higher cost than a benefit, shall not be implemented unless that regulation is approved by statute.

3. Future Regulations which are implemented are required to periodically have a cost benefit analysis every five (5) years after implementation to see if the benefits of the regulation outweigh the costs.  Any such regulation that has a higher cost than a benefit shall be unenforceable unless that regulation is approved or reapproved by statute.

Author: Mr. R
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #172 on: February 22, 2022, 08:38:10 AM »

Your Employees Must Be Legal Residents Act

Senate Bill

To ensure that organizations receiving federal contracts are employing legal Atlasian residents.

Be it enacted,

1.  Any organization seeking or holding federal Atlasian government contracts or accepting federal funding which is found to knowingly employ undocumented immigrants will be ineligible for new contracts for two years following the discovery of these immigrants.

A. The SoIA shall compile an effective and efficient procedure by which companies can verify the status of their employees. The terms of the above shall apply once the procedure is in place and companies have been given a “reasonable” chance to utilize it.

B. Contracts that deal with critical defense or emergency related procurement may be given exemption based on the situation, but must be required to take steps to ensure the legality of their workforce going forward and the Department of Internal Affairs shall certify they have done so.

2.  The bill is not affecting contracts or funding for companies, that employed undocumented immigrants without knowing their legal status. Said companies are required to remove any undocumented employees within a period of two months instead.

3. No provision in this bill shall be construed as to condone or legalize any violations of current laws regarding racial profiling and civil rights. Any and all such violations shall be investigated and prosecuted to the fullest extent of existing law at the time of the violation's occurrence.

West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #173 on: February 22, 2022, 08:41:25 AM »

SENATE BILL
to relax burdensome regulations on smaller companies

Be it enacted,
SARBANES-OXLEY REFORM ACT
a. This act shall be called the Sarbanes-Oxley Reform Act.

SECTION II: EXEMPTION FOR SMALLER COMPANIES
a. The regulation requiring all publicly traded companies with an aggregate worldwide market value at $75 million to conduct a PCAOB approved audit each year shall be amended to exempt all such companies with an aggregate worldwide market value of $700 Million or less. Nothing in this section shall affect any criminal penalties for any crime committed by the publicly traded company. 17 CFR 240.12b-2 shall be amended accordingly.

SECTION III: TIME
a. This Act shall take effect January 1, 2023.

West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #174 on: February 22, 2022, 08:46:41 AM »

OFF LABEL USE IS OK ACT

Any pharmacist licensed in any Region in Atlasia shall be immune from civil liability or criminal prosecution for dispensing to a patient with a valid prescription, a prescription drug that has been approved as safe by the FDA, regardless of if the patient prescribed the drug is taking the drug for an off label treatment. This shall include but not be limited to Hydroxychloriquine and Ivermectin. This act shall take effect immediately.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies