DA June 2021 Convention - Chattanooga TN
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:52:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  DA June 2021 Convention - Chattanooga TN
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: DA June 2021 Convention - Chattanooga TN  (Read 1689 times)
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2021, 09:04:39 PM »

The vote on the following resolution begins now.

RESOLUTION

The Democratic Alliance hereby publicly registers its disapproval of the candidacy of Spark for the Presidency of Atlasia.

The Democratic Alliance will not automatically endorse this candidacy even if it has a member of the Democratic Alliance on it.

Through the passing of this resolution, we state our clear intentions to reject such a candidacy's endorsement should it come to a vote.

This Convention requests the support of other Opposition members outside this party to join us in registering their disapproval in this candidacy.

Shall the above resolution be adopted?
[ ] AYE
[ ] NAY
[ ] ABSTAIN
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2021, 09:25:53 PM »

RESOLUTION

The Democratic Alliance hereby publicly registers its disapproval of the candidacy of Spark for the Presidency of Atlasia.

The Democratic Alliance will not automatically endorse this candidacy even if it has a member of the Democratic Alliance on it.

Through the passing of this resolution, we state our clear intentions to reject such a candidacy's endorsement should it come to a vote.

This Convention requests the support of other Opposition members outside this party to join us in registering their disapproval in this candidacy.

Shall the above resolution be adopted?
[ X ] AYE
[ ] NAY
[ ] ABSTAIN
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2021, 09:33:10 PM »

AYE
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2021, 09:50:04 PM »

Aye

I'll be preffing Spark over the Labor nominee, but I have no issue with putting my main support behind a DA candidate or some more competent Fed.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2021, 10:37:35 PM »

weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2021, 08:55:29 PM »

The ayes are four, the nays are zero.

The ayes have it unanimously, the resolution passes.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2021, 09:03:17 PM »

With that, the convention is over! See you in Salt Lake City!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2021, 01:27:13 PM »

I'm excited for our next convention in Salt Lake City!

Also, seeing as I missed the resolution vote, as Vice-Chair it's still important that I make my opinions clear on internal party questions such as the resolution passed earlier.

I support the motion -- not for any personal reasons -- but because of past actions that have been brought to light by the candidate in question that I do not need to bring up here due to their nature. All I will say on the question of such actions is that they are highly concerning and inconsistent with the values of the Democratic Alliance. In addition, as a result of these actions, it is my belief that such a campaign would be unlikely to be supported by moderate Federalists and a significant portion of this party if it were to go forward; thus, in one of the most important elections for the opposition, we would run the risk of running a candidate unlikely to draw the crossover support needed to win against a Labor candidate.

This statement is meant with no disrespect to the candidate or RC -- who I consider a good friend of mine on here and feel that he is in it for the memes -- but as a statement against past events that have been committed and against a future that would be taking an unnecessary risk in an election when we need a perfect performance.

It is the prerogative of the Federalist Party to support who they wish for President and Vice-President, however, it is also the Democratic Alliance's prerogative to choose who we will support based on how closely such a candidate follows the values of the Democratic Alliance and how likely such a candidate is to win in a general election. It is my unfortunate belief that such a candidacy meets neither of those standards. I wish Spark and his candidacy well, but I cannot in good conscience support his candidacy.

wxtransit
Vice-Chair of the Democratic Alliance
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2021, 02:45:40 PM »

I would like to be acknowledged by the chair, as my name was mentioned during the vote on the resolution.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies