Public Office of the President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:07:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Office of the President  (Read 1047 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 05, 2021, 03:28:51 PM »

Sestak, 52nd President of Atlasia

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 03:29:43 PM »

Inaugural Address

Ladies, gentlemen, and nonbinary patriots of Atlasia, I speak to you today under rather unusual circumstances. Since my unsuccesful run for this office two years ago, the Presidency has not been a position I have ever sought after. I served as Governor and as Vice President with no intention of ever seeking the top job. However, with my close friend Chief Justice Windjammer being unable to take the position, I must - both for the stablity of our country and to honor the respects of the voters in this past election - take office and serve out the full term.

The primary goal - my only real goal, in fact - of my presidency will be to foster renewed activity on the AFE and AFG boards. A major part of this, of course, is preventing the over-migration of content from the board to discord. First of all, I will not be rejoining the public discord. While I have no animosity towards the server itself or its users, and I hold its moderation team in high esteem, it is my firm belief that the displacement of the Fantasy Elections board by the public discord channel dedicated to the game is bad for both the game and the environment on the discord server in question - for this reason, I will continue my absention from it throughout this term. Due to this presidency being rather last-moment, I will not immediately be leaving Labor internal servers; however once things are sorted out I plan to leave there as well, at which point I will no longer be on any discord servers with Atlasia-related discussion.

As an extension of this, I will also not be answering any queries on any introduced legislation through discord. All such questions or commentary should be made in public, either in the bill thread itself or in a thread on the Fantasy Elections board to call attention to the bill in question. If you really need to contact me privately about any such matters, I will only take them through PM. I am also considering holding regular or semi-regular town hall style meetings via IRC to further discuss these matters with citizens and legislators; in the event that I do this, all logs will be posted publicly.

On a different note, the departure of Secretary of State Bruhgmger leaves a major vaccuum in the foreign policy sphere of our nation. Foreign policy has never been my personal forte, and I know that there are many players here who take a much stronger interest in it than I do - as a result, I am seeking to revive the national security council so that such players - from every party - can have a role in shaping Atlasia's foreign policy. I am still searching for both a Secretary of State and for members of the council; if you have any interest at all in foreign policy, please apply for these positions to me via PM.

Finally, I will end with a plea to members of Congress. I ask every member of Congress to attempt to put forth legislation on some lesser-discussed or "unrealistic" policy issue. Atlasian governance is at its weakest when all debates follow the party line and are on major real-life political issues and disputes. More esoteric bills on topics that divide people on fault lines which are separate from party and "traditional" ideology are, I believe, a key to unlocking more actual debate and congressional activity. As of late, the Atlasian Congress has become perhaps too close of an approximation of the Congress that operates outside these boards - making the job of a legislator much more boring than it needs to be. Let's spice things up a little bit, no?

Thank you all.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 03:52:56 PM »

To all the people who will say it was planned all along. You will be right about one thing: Sestak has always wanted to take my position. But where you will be all wrong, this is not the president office he was looking, but becoming chief justice. Had I proposed me to become president or chief justice, he definitely would have chosen the chief justice position lol.

We were really not expecting to win, and this is the truth.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 08:29:44 PM »

My vote in an Atlasian election actually was meaningful? That hasn’t happened since at least as far back as the Second Bush II (W) Administration Tongue Congratulations and have fun Kiki
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 07:08:11 AM »

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=436509.0
If the House votes this down, and the senate passes the unamended version reaches your desk, would you sign it? I am just curious since MB who seems opposed to this legislation has voted for it because of fears of the worse unamended version getting signed.
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 10:32:34 AM »

Never quite seen a president represented by Muppets.  Cool, LOL! Wink
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2021, 12:37:37 AM »

What is the administration's view on lateral flow testing? Does it support offering twice-weekly tests for free, as England is doing?
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2021, 03:37:33 AM »

June-July 2021 OSA inductions

As my term wraps to a close, I have finalized my list of inductions to the Order of the Star of Atlasia. These include both players who have been exemplary over my four months in the presidency as well as those players whose achievements over my three and a half years in the game I believe deserve recognition. In total, there are ten planned new inductions to the Silver Star and seven planned new inductions (and one repeat induction) to the Gold Star.

To change things up a little bit, instead of releasing these at once in the last day of my Presidency, as has traditionally been done, I will be releasing inductions every evening over the last several days of my presidency. The first Silver induction will be made on the evening of Wednesday, June 23, and will continue daily, being joined by Gold inductions on Friday, June 25; each star shall be awarded once daily from then onward.

Hopefully this can help change things up and give some of our most treasured Atlasians some very solid recognition. Feel free to use both this thread as well as the board at large for congratulations, reactions, predictions, etc.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2021, 11:20:55 AM »

While I am beyond gratified to see mathematicians getting the recognition they deserve, Terence Tao and John Milnor cannot be inducted to the OSA (S) posthumuously as neither of them are currently deceased.

(And a very good thing, too. John Milnor supremacy!)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2021, 11:35:12 AM »

While I am beyond gratified to see mathematicians getting the recognition they deserve, Terence Tao and John Milnor cannot be inducted to the OSA (S) posthumuously as neither of them are currently deceased.

'posthumous' inductions is a misnomer within Atlasia, I'm afraid - several Presidents before me have bestowed the honor to living politicians and other notable figures.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2021, 11:38:55 AM »

'posthumous' inductions is a misnomer within Atlasia, I'm afraid - several Presidents before me have bestowed the honor to living politicians and other notable figures.

Well then, in that case I will simply reiterate my complete approval of your decision to recognize some of Atlasia's finest living minds in this manner.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2021, 11:48:55 AM »

I have now edited in the reasoning for the awarding for the Atlasian recipients. The awards may now be entered into the record as follows:

Quote from:  Executive Order 52-016
EXECUTIVE ORDER
to make inductions to the Order of the Star of Atlasia

Any selections to the Order of the Star of Atlasia in this executive order which are duplicates of selections made within the last two weeks are to only be counted once total.

The following are awarded the Silver Star of the Order of the Star of Atlasia:

Bacon King, for his two years of continuing service as Lincoln's regional justice, and his long history of contributions to Atlasia's legal sphere.

Reagente, for having served the Southern region as a delegate continuously for two years and counting and always striving to keep the regional government active.

Mike Wells, for being my first partner in the refounding of Labor, and for his long and consistent service to the region of Lincoln.

Virginia, for being a stable and fair moderator and administrator to our constituent board and forum for the last several years, including making improvements and changes that have made the regular operation of Atlasia significantly smoother.

Oakvale, for his continuing contributions to Atlasia's legal world and his constant willingness to question established notions within the game.

Razze, for his three years dedicated service to in House of Representatives.

Lfromnj, because I still feel bad about December 2019 and for his advocacy for reforming the budget, scoring, and economic simulation process.

OBD, for being the best Vice President I could have asked for.

Antonio, for founding the greatest political party in Atlasian history.

Adam Griffin, because his resume shines so much gold that no one has yet thought to give him Silver, for his mentorship and friendship over the last several years, and for being the single most dominant personality in this game.

The following are awarded the Gold Star of the Order of the Star of Atlasia:

Jimmy7812, because I cannot deny the past, and he and I were once among the most consequential duos in Atlasian history; and because no matter who he aligns with he always makes massive contributions both as a responsible officeholder and as an electoral strategist.

Tack, for his long and dedicated service to both the Senate and the Lincoln Region, and specifically his leadership in authoring the region's new constitution.

Peanut, for his service as Governor and Senator in Lincoln, as Vice President, and now as Game Moderator, having one of the most continually positive personalities in this game and always striving to improve Atlasia as a whole.

Ninja, for fighting long and hard to re-establish the center in Atlasia, often against numerous setbacks and the strongest of opposition.

TedBessell, for over five years of service to Atlasia across a wide variety of positions and parties, always maintinaing a high standard as an officeholder.

FalterinArc, for his service as Deputy President of Congress, acting as a very capable manager of an often difficult legislative setup and keeping things flowing at a brisk pace.

Olawakandi, for showing us.

Windjammer, for being the first to believe in me nearly three years ago when the rest of the game had written me off as a joke, for being a constantly supportive mentor throughout my time within this game, for his service as Chief Justice for the past half decade, and for his friendship across the years.

The following posthumous inductions are made to the Gold Star of the Order of the Star of Atlasia:

John Nash
Emmy Noether
John Tate
Kurt Gödel
John Paul Stevens
Ann Selzer
Stephen Curry

The following posthumous inductions are made to the Silver Star of the Order of the Star of Atlasia:

Terence Tao
John Milnor
John von Neumann
Richard S. Hamilton
Joe Sestak
Klay Thompson
Buster Posey

I. C. SESTAC PRAESES ATLASIENSIS LII

LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2021, 12:12:26 PM »

It's truly been a worthless presidency where anything you accomplished was only due to the greatness of myself. Good riddance and worst wishes to the Sev Junta.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2021, 12:13:50 PM »

It's truly been a worthless presidency where anything you accomplished was only due to the greatness of myself. Good riddance and worst wishes to the Sev Junta.

Jesus Christ dude.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2021, 12:16:11 PM »

Jesus Christ dude.
I know the truth often tends to be shocking to hear.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2021, 12:19:29 PM »

LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2021, 12:25:01 PM »

GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2021, 01:31:48 PM »

Dude you’re not talking to me shut your f**ck
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2021, 01:52:31 PM »

I definitely did not deserve an award but hey, I'll take it Tongue
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2021, 03:33:17 PM »

🙏
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2021, 03:59:13 PM »

I have now edited in the reasoning for the awarding for the Atlasian recipients. The awards may now be entered into the record as follows:

Quote from:  Executive Order 52-016
EXECUTIVE ORDER
to make inductions to the Order of the Star of Atlasia

Any selections to the Order of the Star of Atlasia in this executive order which are duplicates of selections made within the last two weeks are to only be counted once total.

The following are awarded the Silver Star of the Order of the Star of Atlasia:

Bacon King, for his two years of continuing service as Lincoln's regional justice, and his long history of contributions to Atlasia's legal sphere.

Reagente, for having served the Southern region as a delegate continuously for two years and counting and always striving to keep the regional government active.

Mike Wells, for being my first partner in the refounding of Labor, and for his long and consistent service to the region of Lincoln.

Virginia, for being a stable and fair moderator and administrator to our constituent board and forum for the last several years, including making improvements and changes that have made the regular operation of Atlasia significantly smoother.

Oakvale, for his continuing contributions to Atlasia's legal world and his constant willingness to question established notions within the game.

Razze, for his three years dedicated service to in House of Representatives.

Lfromnj, because I still feel bad about December 2019 and for his advocacy for reforming the budget, scoring, and economic simulation process.

OBD, for being the best Vice President I could have asked for.

Antonio, for founding the greatest political party in Atlasian history.

Adam Griffin, because his resume shines so much gold that no one has yet thought to give him Silver, for his mentorship and friendship over the last several years, and for being the single most dominant personality in this game.

The following are awarded the Gold Star of the Order of the Star of Atlasia:

Jimmy7812, because I cannot deny the past, and he and I were once among the most consequential duos in Atlasian history; and because no matter who he aligns with he always makes massive contributions both as a responsible officeholder and as an electoral strategist.

Tack, for his long and dedicated service to both the Senate and the Lincoln Region, and specifically his leadership in authoring the region's new constitution.

Peanut, for his service as Governor and Senator in Lincoln, as Vice President, and now as Game Moderator, having one of the most continually positive personalities in this game and always striving to improve Atlasia as a whole.

Ninja, for fighting long and hard to re-establish the center in Atlasia, often against numerous setbacks and the strongest of opposition.

TedBessell, for over five years of service to Atlasia across a wide variety of positions and parties, always maintinaing a high standard as an officeholder.

FalterinArc, for his service as Deputy President of Congress, acting as a very capable manager of an often difficult legislative setup and keeping things flowing at a brisk pace.

Olawakandi, for showing us.

Windjammer, for being the first to believe in me nearly three years ago when the rest of the game had written me off as a joke, for being a constantly supportive mentor throughout my time within this game, for his service as Chief Justice for the past half decade, and for his friendship across the years.

The following posthumous inductions are made to the Gold Star of the Order of the Star of Atlasia:

John Nash
Emmy Noether
John Tate
Kurt Gödel
John Paul Stevens
Ann Selzer
Stephen Curry

The following posthumous inductions are made to the Silver Star of the Order of the Star of Atlasia:

Terence Tao
John Milnor
John von Neumann
Richard S. Hamilton
Joe Sestak
Klay Thompson
Buster Posey

I. C. SESTAC PRAESES ATLASIENSIS LII

You have been the best president Atlasia ever had since I have been playing this game for 8 years now. You will be remembered, definitely. Not swearing in was the one the best decisions I ever made
and it allowed you to become the president you were always destined to become.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies