The White House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:47:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The White House  (Read 2852 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2021, 12:56:24 AM »

Mr. President, the following legislation has passed the Senate and awaits your signature or veto:

AN ACT
To provide for necessary investments in public schools and to facilitate the creation of construction and maintenance jobs

Be it enacted by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia assembled

Section I. Title

1. This act may be cited as the School Improvement and Jobs Act.

Section II. Purpose
1. It is the purpose of this title to provide for the creation of construction jobs for the purpose of modernizing, renovating, or repairing public school facilities; and maintenance jobs for the purpose of maintaining and improving public school facilities.

Section III. Allowable use of funds

1. A local educational agency receiving a grant under this subtitle shall use the grant for modernization, renovation, or repair of public school facilities (including early learning facilities and charter schools, as appropriate), including—

A.) Repair, replacement, or installation of roofs, including extensive, intensive or semi-intensive green roofs, electrical wiring, water supply and plumbing systems, sewage systems, storm water runoff systems, lighting systems, building envelope, windows, ceilings, flooring, or doors, including security doors;

B.) Repair, replacement, or installation of heating, ventilation, or air conditioning systems, including insulation, and conducting indoor air quality assessments;

C.) Compliance with fire, health, seismic, and safety codes, including professional installation of fire and life safety alarms, and modernizations, renovations, and repairs that ensure that schools are prepared for emergencies, such as improving building infrastructure to accommodate security measures and installing or upgrading technology to ensure that schools are able to respond to emergencies such as acts of terrorism, campus violence, and natural disasters;

D.) Modernization, renovation, or repair of science and engineering laboratories, libraries, and career and technical education facilities, and improvements to building infrastructure to accommodate bicycle and pedestrian access;

Section IV. Use of Atlasian iron, steel, and manufactured goods

1. None of the funds appropriated or otherwise made available by this title may be used for a project for the modernization, renovation, repair, maintenance, or construction of a public school facility unless all of the iron, steel, and manufactured goods used in the project are produced in the Republic of Atlasia.

Section V. Availability of Funds

1. There are authorized to be appropriated, and there are appropriated, for each of fiscal years 2022 and 2023, $55,000,000,000.

Passed 10-1-0-7 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

Scott, President pro tempore
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2021, 09:21:02 PM »

Quote from:  Executive Order 53-006
EXECUTIVE ORDER
to strengthen the game engine

Peanut is hereby dismissed from the Game Moderator position. Lumine is appointed to serve as the next Game Moderator.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2021, 06:15:50 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2021, 07:15:11 PM by Lumine »

EXECUTIVE ORDER

Peanut is hereby dismissed from the Game Moderator position. Lumine is appointed to serve as the next Game Moderator.

Sorry to be a bother, but having thought about it, can the President actually dismiss the GM? The Reconstruction of the Game Engine Act seems to suggest he can only be impeached (or resign), and I'm not sure I'm reading it right?

"i. The president shall appoint the game moderator with the advice and consent of the Senate.

"iv. The game moderator may be removed from office according to the same provisions set in place for the impeachment of executive officers."
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2021, 07:03:44 PM »

EXECUTIVE ORDER

Sorry to be a bother, but having thought about it, can the President actually dismiss the GM? The Reconstruction of the Game Engine Act seems to suggest he can only be impeached (or resigned), and I'm not sure I'm reading it right?

"i. The president shall appoint the game moderator with the advice and consent of the Senate.

"iv. The game moderator may be removed from office according to the same provisions set in place for the impeachment of executive officers."

I doubt anyone will challenge this in court.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2021, 07:17:45 PM »

EXECUTIVE ORDER

Sorry to be a bother, but having thought about it, can the President actually dismiss the GM? The Reconstruction of the Game Engine Act seems to suggest he can only be impeached (or resigned), and I'm not sure I'm reading it right?

I doubt anyone will challenge this in court.

That's not exactly a good reason to not follow the law. I've asked AG Truman for his opinion.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2021, 08:04:29 PM »

EXECUTIVE ORDER

Sorry to be a bother, but having thought about it, can the President actually dismiss the GM? The Reconstruction of the Game Engine Act seems to suggest he can only be impeached (or resign), and I'm not sure I'm reading it right?

I cannot even find the law you are referencing.

The Game Moderator Reform Act says the GM can be dismissed by the President, although it also suggests consent of "2/3 of both houses of Congress".
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2021, 08:10:43 PM »

It's the following: https://talkelections.org/AFEWIKI/index.php?title=Game_Engine_Reconstruction_Act

I understand this to be the most recent legislation which regulates the office of the GM (end of 2019). It's also the one that created the CG.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2021, 08:24:05 PM »

I actually had impeachment articles against Peanut already ready should we need them.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2021, 08:54:08 PM »

Would it be possible to get Peanut to just resign? I would hate to have to pursue impeachment.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2021, 09:06:00 PM »

Would it be possible to get Peanut to just resign? I would hate to have to pursue impeachment.

I strongly second this. I don't think Peanut deserves to be impeached in the least (not only he's a great player, this would also bring an excessively harsh punishment for him), and the more efficient and painless the process is - even if we must observe the law - the better.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2021, 09:08:39 PM »

Lumine is correct.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2021, 09:18:36 PM »

It is my understanding that notice of intent to step down has been considered enough to at least initiate confirmation proceedings for a successor in the past. As it seems Peanut has given such notice for the President, a confirmation hearing should be able to proceed immediately so long as he can be contacted and resign before it reaches a conclusion.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2021, 04:28:15 AM »
« Edited: October 09, 2021, 09:05:19 AM by Senator Scott, PPT🎃 »

Mr. President, the following legislation has passed the Senate and awaits your signature or veto:

AN ACT
To revise the presidential line of succession, in accordance with the Fifth Constitution of Atlasia

Be it enacted by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia:
Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this act shall be, the "Presidential Succession Act of 2021."

Section 2 (Line of succession)
i. In the event of the death, resignation or removal of the president, if there is no vice president, the president pro tempore of the Senate shall become president.
ii. If the president pro tempore should be ineligible to assume the presidency, or should decline, or if there be no incumbent at the moment of the creation of the vacancy, the secretary of state shall become president.
iii. If both the president pro tempore and the secretary of state should be ineligible to assume the presidency, or should decline, or if there be no incumbent at the moment of the creation of the vacancy, the attorney general shall become president.
iv. If the president pro tempore, the secretary of state, and the attorney general should all be ineligible to assume the presidency, or should decline, or if there be no incumbent at the moment of the creation of the vacancy, the secretary of federal elections shall become president.
v. If the president pro tempore, the secretary of state, the attorney general, and the secretary of federal elections should all be ineligible to assume the presidency, or should decline, or if there be no incumbent at the moment of the creation of the vacancy, the registrar general shall become president.
vi. If the president pro tempore, the secretary of state, the attorney general, the secretary of federal elections, and the registrar general should all be ineligible to assume the presidency, or should decline, or if there be no incumbent at the moment of the creation of the vacancy, the longest-tenured eligible senator shall become president.
vii. If the president pro tempore, the secretary of state, the attorney general, the secretary of federal elections, the registrar general, and every senator should all be ineligible to assume the presidency, or should decline, or if there be no incumbent at the moment of the creation of the vacancy, the chief justice of the supreme court shall become president.
viii. Once the eligible officer shall have sworn the oath of office, in accordance with the law, they shall continue as president for the remainder of the existing term.

Section 3 (Interim president)
i. In the event of the temporary inability of the president or the temporary vacancy of the presidency, if there is no vice president, the president pro tempore of the Senate shall become interim president.
ii. If the president pro tempore should be ineligible to act as president, or should decline, or if there be no incumbent at the moment of the creation of the vacancy, the secretary of state shall become interim president.
iii. If both the president pro tempore and the secretary of state should be ineligible to act as president, or should decline, or if there be no incumbent at the moment of the creation of the vacancy, the attorney general shall become interim president.
iv. If the president pro tempore, the secretary of state, and the attorney general should all be ineligible to act as president, or should decline, or if there be no incumbent at the moment of the creation of the vacancy, the secretary of federal elections shall become interim president.
v. If the president pro tempore, the secretary of state, the attorney general, and the secretary of federal elections should all be ineligible to act as president, or should decline, or if there be no incumbent at the moment of the creation of the vacancy, the registrar general shall become interim president.
vi. If the president pro tempore, the secretary of state, the attorney general, the secretary of federal elections, and the registrar general should all be ineligible to act as president, or should decline, or if there be no incumbent at the moment of the creation of the vacancy, the longest-tenured eligible senator shall become interim president.
vii. If the president pro tempore, the secretary of state, the attorney general, the secretary of federal elections, the registrar general, and every senator should all be ineligible to act as president, or should decline, or if there be no incumbent at the moment of the creation of the vacancy, the chief justice of the supreme court shall become interim president.
viii. The interim president shall relinquish the powers and duties of the presidency to the constitutional president upon the termination of the inability or vacancy.

Section 4 (Declination)
i. Any officer may decline to assume the presidency or to act as president, in which event the presidency shall pass to the next eligible officer in the line of succession. A declination must be made in the form of a public post in the "Swearing in of New Officers" thread.
ii. An officer may decline the presidency in silentia, by a failure to swear the oath of office within twenty-four (24) hours of the creation of the vacancy or the declination of the previous eligible officer.
iii. An officer may decline the presidency in abstentia if the shall have made no posts on the Atlas Fantasy Government or Atlas Fantasy Elections boards or their several subforums within fifty-six (56) days of the creation of the vacancy, or shall have made no posts on the Atlas forum within twenty-one (21) days of the creation of the vacancy, and they shall fail to swear the oath of office before the next eligible officer shall do so.

Passed 11-0-0-6 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2021, 04:55:01 AM »

AN ACT
Establishing greater visibility for NPC elections.

Be it enacted by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia assembled:

Section I. Title.

This legislation may be cited as the NPC Elections Visibility Act of 2021.

Section II. National news updates.
1. The Game Moderator shall post updates on actions taken by state governors and state legislatures as a part of the national news cycle.
2. The Game Moderator's office should strive to cover each state at least once a year, but may suspend all NPC elections indefinitely due to lack of perceived interest.

Section III. Determining state-based actions.
1. In order to determine the actions of specific legislators, groups of legislators, or governors, the Game Moderator should consult the chairman of the national party (or a publicly announced designated official by the party chairman) that the officeholder is a member of to determine said officeholder's actions. If a group of officeholders consists of officials from multiple parties, the Game Moderator should consult the leaders or designated officials from each party involved.
2. If no party chairman or designated party official is available for such an officeholder (if, for example, said officeholder is an Independent), then the Game Moderator shall determine the actions such officeholders take. Additionally, if an official as identified from part one does not respond to a request from the Game Moderator's office within a week, the Game Moderator reserves the right to determine the actions of such NPC officeholders.

Section IV. Effects on current actions taken by the Game Moderator.
1. State-based actions, on the advice of partisan officials or on the decision of the GM (as determined in Section III), may affect or be affected by national news stories.
2. State-based actions have the potential to affect regional unemployment rates.

Section V. Enactment.
1. Upon the passage of this Act, the contents of this Act shall, in conjunction with the Burr System, be acted upon by the Game Moderator during all periods of NPC elections activity.

Passed 11-1-1-4 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2021, 02:28:55 PM »

Terrible law, Mr. President please veto! This will only add to the already overlarge workload of a job nobody wants!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2021, 03:28:13 PM »

Mr. President, the following legislation has passed the Senate and awaits your signature or veto. Don't forget to deal with the other bills, too.

Be it enacted in the Congress of the Republic of Atlasia

A Bill

Addiction Transitory Support Act of 2021

To support and provide for our most vulnerable citizens

Section 1. Purpose

1. Mental health and addiction forensic treatment services means evidence based treatment and recovery support services that may be provided to individuals in the criminal justice system who are charged with a felony offense, or have a prior felony conviction, and have been placed or are eligible to be placed in a pretrial services program, community corrections program, prosecuting attorney's diversion program, or jail as an alternative to commitment to the department of correction.

The term includes the following:

a) Mental health and substance abuse treatment, including addiction counseling, inpatient detoxification, case management, daily living skills, medication assisted treatment, including a nonaddictive medication for the treatment of opioid or alcohol dependence.

b) Vocational services.

c) Housing assistance.

d) Community support services.

e) Transportation assistance.

f) Mental health and substance abuse assessments.

Section 2. Eligibility

1. An individual is eligible for mental health and addiction forensic treatment services if the individual:

a) is a member of a household with an annual income that does not exceed two hundred percent (200%) of the federal income poverty level;

b) is a resident of their region;

c) has entered the criminal justice system as a felon or with a prior felony conviction or is ordered to be committed for competency restoration services as described in IC 35-36-3-1(b); and

d) An individual who is provided mental health and addiction forensic treatment services under this statute is entitled to receive reimbursement of 50% of their expenses.

Section 3. Funding

The costs of these services, unless already covered, shall be assumed by AtlasCare.

Passed 12-0-0-6 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2021, 04:27:56 PM »

AN ACT
To facilitate the expansion of the welfare state

Be it enacted by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia assembled,

SECTION 1. Title.
1. The title of this act shall be the Victory of the People Act.

SECTION 2. Transition of power.
All workers shall have the right to organize themselves into a trade union if they so wish. All workers shall also be protected from being fired as a result of joining a trade union.

SECTION 3. Ownership of the means of production.
Henceforward corporate governors shall be bound by the same restrictions with regard to human rights as the state, including specifically the prohibition against making or enforcing any rule or regulation abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the workers to peaceably assemble and petition the management for a redress of grievances.

SECTION 4. Rights.
1. We adopt the Declaration of the Rights of Man and Citizen without reservation, and add the right to organize, the right to food and shelter, the right to care in sickness and in old age, the right to employment, and the right to peace.
2. No worker shall suffer execution.
3. No worker shall be deprived of a living wage.
4. No worker shall be denied equal protection of the law on account of race, sex, gender, religion, or nation of origin.

Passed 11-5-0-2 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2021, 11:08:50 PM »

Apologies, will be attending to business tomorrow. I haven't had access to a proper computer but should be able to tomorrow.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2021, 10:00:24 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2021, 10:21:52 PM by Senator Scott, PPT🎃 »

A BILL FOR AN ACT
improving on the inhumane conditions of Atlasian prisons,

BE IT ENACTED BY THE SENATE RESOLVED.

Section 1, TITLE AND DEFINITIONS.
1. The official title of this Act shall be, the “Treating Incarcerated Persons Humanely Act.”
2. This Act may also be officially referred to by its acronym, “TIPHA.”
3. Using the International Phonetic Alphabet, the acronym mentioned in §1.2 of this Act shall be pronounced as /’taɪ fʌ/ (TYE-fuh).
4. The laws and terms enacted by this Act shall apply to all prisons under the authority of the Republic of Atlasia, regardless of whether or not it operates on a local, state, regional, federal, or miscellaneous level.

Section 2, AIR CONDITIONING AND TEMPERATURE CONTROL.
1. All prisons are mandated to install air conditioning systems within their prisons that shall adequately reach all rooms and cells within the housing and dining areas of a prison.
2. It is the responsibility of the prison in question to ensure that no cell or room rises above eighty-five degrees Fahrenheit.
3. No prison in Atlasia shall operate a fan within the vicinity of an incarcerated individual’s cell should the heat index of the prison exceed ninety-five degrees Fahrenheit.
4. If an inmate experiences any symptoms of heatstroke mentioned in §2.4a-h of this Act, they shall be entitled to a temperature check via rectal thermometer, should they request it.
    a. High body temperature.
    b. Altered mental state or behavior (including confusion, agitation, slurred speech, irritability, delirium, seizures and/or coma).
    c. Alteration in sweating.
    d. Nausea and/or vomiting.
    e. Flushed skin.
    f. Rapid breathing.
    g. Racing heart rate.
    h. Headache.
5. Should an inmate receive a temperature rating exceeding one-hundred-and-four degrees Fahrenheit via a rectal thermometer reading requested via the means of §2.4 of this Act, prison officials or staff must immediately contact local emergency medical services to treat a potential heatstroke.
6. All medication prescribed to inmates shall be kept in a location between the temperatures of fifty-nine degrees Fahrenheit and seventy-seven degrees Fahrenheit.
    a. Should a specific medication be prescribed and/or instructed by a medical official to be stored in a location outside of this temperature range, it is exempt from this Act and advised to be stored in a manner as prescribed.
7. Should a prison's air conditioning system not work or be under maintenance, an electric fan must be present in every inmate's cell, unless its presence violates §2.3 of this Act.

Section 3, TIPHA AIR CONDITIONING MAINTENANCE AND INSTALLATION FUND.
1. This act shall establish the TIPHA Air Conditioning Maintenance and Installation Fund, or TACMIF.
    a. TACMIF shall allocate the money given to it every fiscal year to prisons in order to cover the installation of air conditioning units in Atlasian prisons to ensure they satisfy §2.1 and §2.2 of this Act.
    b. Any prison in Atlasia shall apply on or before September 5 before the start of a new fiscal year to receive TACMIF funding.
    c. TACMIF shall allocate its funds proportionally to each Atlasian prison based on their prison populations on the date of application.
    d. A one-time value of $380 million shall be allocated from Atlasia's Budget for FY2022 in order to accommodate for TACMIF. This sum shall be used for the cost of initial installation to be completed no later than October 1, 2028.
        i. Any unused funds in this allocation after the conclusion of FY2028 shall be reallocated to overall prison funding.
    e. $50 million shall be allocated annually from Atlasia's Budget for FY2023 and beyond to TACMIF in order to cover air conditioning maintenance costs following those of initial installation.
        i. Any unused funds in each annual allocation after the conclusion of each fiscal year shall be reallocated to overall prison funding.

Section 4, REGIONAL AND STATE APPROPRIATIONS
1. At least 50% of all Regional and State grants for administration of justice must be allocated for the installment and structural reform of prisons to accommodate for enhancements to privacy and individual autonomy of inmates.
2. The Department of Justice shall be tasked with coordinating with Regional and State governments on health, environmental, and rehabilitative strategies for the purpose of lowering recidivism incidents.

Section 5, WAGES AND GOODS.
1. No prison inmate shall be required to perform manual labor without being paid a wage higher than or equal to 75% (seventy-five per cent) of the federal minimum wage.
2. No prison shall charge inmates for the usage of toiletries or personal hygiene products.

Section 6, THE RAINBOW CONNECTION(S BETWEEN INMATES AND THE OUTSIDE WORLD).
1. No entity that facilitates financial transactions shall charge transaction fees any higher than 6% (six per cent) for transactions between inmates and non-incarcerated visitors.
2. No telecommunications service or prison, whether in-person or virtual, shall charge inmates to communicate with a visitor for up to one hour per day.
3. No telecommunications service or prison, whether in-person or virtual, shall charge inmates any more than ten cents per minute to communicate with a visitor for any visit extending over one hour.
4. No telecommunications service shall mandate the removal of in-person visitation at a prison within a contract with the prison in question.
5. No telecommunication service or prison shall insert any sound effect into the middle of a phone call that does not voluntarily come from the inmate or their visitor.

Section 7, MISCELLANEOUS REGULATION.
1. No prison or government entity shall spend any more than 5% (five per cent) of a given inmate welfare fund on anything that does not directly benefit the wellbeing of prison inmates.
2. Except as provided in §6.3 of this Act, beginning on the date on which pregnancy is confirmed by a healthcare professional, and ending at the conclusion of postpartum recovery, a prisoner in the custody of a prison under the authority of the Republic of Atlasia, shall not be placed in restraints.
3. The prohibition under §6.2 of this Act shall not apply if—
    a. an appropriate corrections official, or a United States marshal, as applicable, makes a determination that the prisoner—
        i. is an immediate and credible flight risk that cannot reasonably be prevented by other means; or
        ii. poses an immediate and serious threat of harm to herself or others that cannot reasonably be prevented by other means; or
    b. a healthcare professional responsible for the health and safety of the prisoner determines that the use of restraints is appropriate for the medical safety of the prisoner.

Section 8, FINES.
1. Any responsible party caught disobeying the terms of this Act shall be fined $10,000 per discovered violation.
2. If a given violation is repeated at the same facility either (a) 365 calendar days after the initial fine, or (b) by a party or parties different from the initial offence, the Justice Department of the Republic of Atlasia shall conduct a formal investigation on the behalf of the Attorney-General of Atlasia into the facility’s compliance with federal law.

Section 9, ENACTMENT CLAUSE.
1. All of the Sections in this Act shall take effect immediately after its passage.

Passed 12-0-0-6 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2021, 01:45:02 AM »

Consider the unsigned bills signed, sorry.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2021, 09:16:33 PM »

AN ACT
To impose a tax on certain trading transactions

Section I. Title

1. This act may be cited as the Financial Transaction Tax Act.

Section II. Purpose

1. To impose a tax on trading transactions to invest in our country, to expand opportunities for our people, and to reduce market volatility.

Section III. Tax on Trading transactions

A.) There is hereby imposed a tax on the transfer of ownership in each covered transaction with respect to any security.

B.) Rate of Tax - The tax imposed under subsection (A) with respect to any covered transaction shall be the applicable percentage of the specified base amount with respect to such covered transaction. The applicable percentage shall be—

(1) 0.5 percent in the case of any share of stock in a corporation or any partnership or beneficial ownership interest in a partnership or trust.

(2) 0.10 percent in the case of any note, bond, debenture, or other evidence of indebtedness, other than a State or local bond the interest of which is excluded from gross income.

(3) 0.005 percent in the case of any evidence of an interest in, or a derivative financial instrument, any derivative financial instrument with respect to any currency or commodity including notional principal contracts, and any other derivative financial instrument any payment with respect to which is calculated by reference to any specified index.

Section IV. Exemptions

The provisions of this act shall not apply to the first $10,000 worth of covered transactions made by an individual in any given year.

Section V. Effective Date

The provisions of this act shall apply to taxable years beginning after December 31, 2022.

Passed 10-4-1-3 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2021, 01:13:43 AM »

Signing statement: This does a lot to decrease volatility within the market and create stabler investments.
AN ACT
To impose a tax on certain trading transactions

Section I. Title

1. This act may be cited as the Financial Transaction Tax Act.

Section II. Purpose

1. To impose a tax on trading transactions to invest in our country, to expand opportunities for our people, and to reduce market volatility.

Section III. Tax on Trading transactions

A.) There is hereby imposed a tax on the transfer of ownership in each covered transaction with respect to any security.

B.) Rate of Tax - The tax imposed under subsection (A) with respect to any covered transaction shall be the applicable percentage of the specified base amount with respect to such covered transaction. The applicable percentage shall be—

(1) 0.5 percent in the case of any share of stock in a corporation or any partnership or beneficial ownership interest in a partnership or trust.

(2) 0.10 percent in the case of any note, bond, debenture, or other evidence of indebtedness, other than a State or local bond the interest of which is excluded from gross income.

(3) 0.005 percent in the case of any evidence of an interest in, or a derivative financial instrument, any derivative financial instrument with respect to any currency or commodity including notional principal contracts, and any other derivative financial instrument any payment with respect to which is calculated by reference to any specified index.

Section IV. Exemptions

The provisions of this act shall not apply to the first $10,000 worth of covered transactions made by an individual in any given year.

Section V. Effective Date

The provisions of this act shall apply to taxable years beginning after December 31, 2022.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2021, 10:57:32 PM »

Thrusting More ATlasians Into Homeownership Act (TMTH Act)

Section 1 - Eligibility
1. Any individual in Atlasia may open an account with a financial institution and designate the account as a first-time home buyer savings account.
2. This account shall be used to cover eligible expenses for the purchase or construction of a primary residence located within Atlasia.
3. The designated beneficiary must be a first-time homeowner who has not been the primary owner of a residence previously.

Section 2 - Tax Benefit
1. The following limits shall apply:
a. The maximum contribution to an account in any tax year shall be $12,500 for an individual and $25,000 for a married couple filing a joint return.
b. the maximum amount of all contributions into an account in all tax years shall be $96,000 for an individual and $48,000 $192,000 for a married couple filing a joint return.
c. the maximum total amount in an account shall be $200,000.
2. Individuals or married couples may claim a tax deduction for the total amount each year. The money may remain in the account for an unlimited duration.
3. Should the individual choose not to apply the funds of this account towards the purchase or construction of a home, the current income tax rate shall be applied to the account and a 10% penalty.

Section 3 - Implementation
1. The act shall go into effect beginning with the 2023 fiscal year.

Passed 9-0-1-8 in the Atlasian Senate assembled,

Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies