Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:11:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which party is best suited to handle the economy?
Labor Party
Federalist Party
Democratic Alliance
Other
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need!  (Read 9252 times)
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« on: July 25, 2021, 07:16:13 PM »

Seeing as I had previously had made a public statement in opposition to this campaign, I am incredibly honored to be included on this list alongside distinguished citizens such as Truman who will also not take part in a Spark administration.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 10:51:02 PM »

Seeing as I had previously had made a public statement in opposition to this campaign, I am incredibly honored to be included on this list alongside distinguished citizens such as Truman who will also not take part in a Spark administration.

I do hope that you reconsider, as you are welcome in my administration should we prevail.

"I support the motion -- not for any personal reasons -- but because of past actions that have been brought to light by the candidate in question that I do not need to bring up here due to their nature. All I will say on the question of such actions is that they are highly concerning and inconsistent with the values of the Democratic Alliance. In addition, as a result of these actions, it is my belief that such a campaign would be unlikely to be supported by moderate Federalists and a significant portion of this party if it were to go forward; thus, in one of the most important elections for the opposition, we would run the risk of running a candidate unlikely to draw the crossover support needed to win against a Labor candidate."

Let the past be the past. I have learned from mistakes and am very much ready and prepared to lead Atlasia into the future.

Perhaps I got a bit too snarky with my comment -- including people without even asking them is quite presumptuous, annoying, and offensive; the reason for my post -- but I fully stand by the statement that I made, every word. Not only have you alienated every member of the leadership and a supermajority of members in the opposition's second-largest party, but your previous actions have also alienated independents and swing voters from a potential Spark candidacy. You may very well prefer that your past is left in the past, but Labor voters who would need to be swung to the opposition will not do so.

In addition, you bolded the easiest part of my statement to wave away with a "keep the past in the past" argument. Even if we choose to ignore the past -- which will simply not happen (and should not, due to its nature) -- the damage done to your crossover appeal through the way this campaign has been conducted over the past month is enough by itself to tarnish the reputation of an opposition ticket led by you beyond the chance of electoral success. In a campaign when opposition parties need absolutely everything to break their way to win, running anyone with half the controversies you have been involved in would be far too much a risk from an electoral perspective. If you continue to run this campaign, you could inflict damage to not only your reputation but the reputation of the opposition as a whole. You are doing no one but Labor any favors by staying in this race -- a race that, by the way, is over three months away, something that in itself has harmed your reputation and alienated the nation against your campaign.

I mean this all respectfully but seriously. I have tried to stay away from making statements that concern a largely personal issue ever since I have returned to this game, but this situation has warranted a response from me.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 08:48:32 PM »

yo what.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies