Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:16:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
Poll
Question: Which party is best suited to handle the economy?
Labor Party
Federalist Party
Democratic Alliance
Other
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need!  (Read 9140 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2021, 09:19:54 PM »

These statements, frankly, show a contempt for science that should be disqualifying for any potential Presidential candidate.

I follow the science. But we need to look into saving lives.
Your "solution" will hurt more people.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2021, 09:20:13 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2021, 09:36:10 PM by Southern Senator Spark »

Withdrawal of VP nomination

Hello my fellow Atlasians, in light of Joseph Cao's IRL commitments, I have decided to withdraw the nomination. Unless an interested candidate comes forward, I have chosen to allow the Federalist convention to choose our nominee for Vice President.

I have great faith, regardless of who is selected, that our next VP will be enormously committed and immensely qualified for the job and be ready to serve on day 1 for the people.

Best,

Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2021, 09:43:59 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2021, 09:48:11 PM by Southern Senator Spark »

Participating in Second Presidential debate

Hello, I wanted to let everyone know that I will be participating in the final presidential debate with Senator Scott and any others who wish to participate on October 6 at 7 PM ET. Be sure to tune in to hear our solutions for this wonderful land!

I remain committed to bringing Atlasia forward into a better future. We can do it together.

Best,

Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2021, 10:19:13 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2021, 08:31:59 PM by Southern Senator Spark »

Transportation

Orlando, Florida

Hello central Florida!! Our transportation network needs to be upgraded now more than ever. With how interconnected everything is across the nation, it is essential that our citizens be able to reach the places they need to go seamlessly. I plan to make this happen if elected President. Not only am I promising 100% of our rural areas having broadband access, I hope to increase the speed of our metro lines. We must reduce this congestion we are seeing in many areas.

Transportation is the hallmark of Atlasian prosperity. It is directly connected to not only travel but commerce. Businesses rely on this interconnectedness to exchange their goods and services for the betterment of our people, and in turn, our economy.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2021, 10:31:22 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2021, 10:05:00 PM by Senator Spark »

Same Solutions, Same Results

Youngstown, Ohio

Hello Atlasia, do you want a President who will be the exact same as the last 5 Presidents? Look no further than my opponent. The Labor party has been in power for what feels like a millennium. I understand that some of you may have reservations about my past or my record. But rest assured, I am here to work for you in finding new solutions to our problems. Electing a Federalist like myself means lower taxes, more freedom, and more prosperity. It also means you don't have to deal with unfunded mandates, unnecessary and unconstitutional federal mask requirements, or widespread abortions. My plan is simple, I commit to:

1. Reform the game through solving Atlasia's inactivity problem
    2. Moderate the bitter partisan divisions that exist within the game
    3. Encourage and foster civil debate

I am ready to take bold, decisive action in our affairs at home. To revive dormant departments, reinstill our national pride, and revive a game that desperately needs to be uplifted.

While my counterparts may say that my opponent is the answer to that problem, they represent that problem. Complacency begets inactivity. I guarantee, that if another Labor candidate is elected, that this game will meet its demise. I am the moderate in this race, while my opponent is a Progressive. I have a plan to reinvigorate the game, have been consistently active and involved in orienting new players, and plan to commit to doing more as President.

This is far from the end for us. We need to stick together to meet the challenges of tomorrow and not allow the same Solutions to guide us into perpetuity. During this pivotal moment in Atlasia's history, we need a candidate who is ready to go beyond what it takes to put this country first. Despite my great respect for my main opponent, we have seen time and time again the inactivity spells. That is not what we need for the game or our citizens.

As your next President, I am committing on day 1 to establish a bipartisan commission to investigate solutions to the activity crisis. I will work with the GM to ensure that game events are simulated frequently and on a timely basis. Bold leadership will lead us forward into the future and I have what it takes to be your President.

Best,

Spark[/list]
    S019
    Atlas Icon
    Ukraine

Political Matrix
    E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2021, 10:49:37 PM »

always great to hear when a major party nominee takes an anti-science position, 10/10 job.

No, but seriously is your plan just to let the coronavirus run amok like what happened in IRL Texas and Florida?
    Spark
    Spark498
    Atlas Politician
    Junior Chimp
    United States

Political Matrix

P P P
    « Reply #106 on: September 23, 2021, 05:41:03 AM »

always great to hear when a major party nominee takes an anti-science position, 10/10 job.

No, but seriously is your plan just to let the coronavirus run amok like what happened in IRL Texas and Florida?

No. The states have the right to do these mandates.
    Spark
    Spark498
    Atlas Politician
    Junior Chimp
    United States

Political Matrix

P P P
    « Reply #107 on: September 23, 2021, 09:22:32 PM »

Internal Polling

Hello everyone, I am conducting some internal polling. This polling cycle will last until Sunday evening. I hope to report the results at that time.

My hope is that this internal polling will provide my campaign with an improved picture of the state of the race.

Thank you.

Best,

Spark
    Continential
    The Op
    Atlas Politician
    Atlas Icon
    Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2021, 09:23:18 PM »

can't wait for your "internals" to show a spark lead
    Spark
    Spark498
    Atlas Politician
    Junior Chimp
    United States

Political Matrix

P P P
    « Reply #109 on: September 25, 2021, 08:26:01 PM »
    « Edited: September 25, 2021, 08:30:04 PM by Southern Senator Spark »

3rd VP Nomination

Out of necessity for our country, I am nominating Lincoln Councilor Brother Jonathan for Vice President of Atlasia. While I understand Brother Jonathan is busy keeping Lincoln together, this is a testament to his region and our nation. He is a devoted and committed public servant who I believe will be successful in negotiations and relations with Congress. Since Jonathan is fro Lincoln, regional representation is important too.

As it relates to the situation in Lincoln, I assured the Councilor that I will not hesitate to intervene if I am elected President in October. My highest priority is preserving the Union and defending our Constitution.

Mr. Brother Jonathan, our nation is calling on you to serve. It is your choice. I will provide you with two days to decide and hope that you join the ticket!

I remain steadfast in protecting our ideals and defending our values.

Thank you.

Best,

Spark
    Continential
    The Op
    Atlas Politician
    Atlas Icon
    Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2021, 08:35:26 PM »

3rd VP Nomination

Out of necessity for our country, I am nominating Lincoln Councilor Brother Jonathan for Vice President of Atlasia. While I understand Brother Jonathan is busy keeping Lincoln together, this is a testament to his region and our nation. He is a devoted and committed public servant who I believe will be successful in negotiations and relations with Congress. Since Jonathan is fro Lincoln, regional representation is important too.

As it relates to the situation in Lincoln, I assured the Councilor that I will not hesitate to intervene if I am elected President in October. My highest priority is preserving the Union and defending our Constitution.

Mr. Brother Jonathan, our nation is calling on you to serve. It is your choice. I will provide you with two days to decide and hope that you join the ticket!

I remain steadfast in protecting our ideals and defending our values.

Thank you.

Best,

Spark

Why are you running if you are asking random people to be your running mate?
    Spark
    Spark498
    Atlas Politician
    Junior Chimp
    United States

Political Matrix

P P P
    « Reply #111 on: September 25, 2021, 08:38:21 PM »

can't wait for your "internals" to show a spark lead

So far so good Smiley
    Continential
    The Op
    Atlas Politician
    Atlas Icon
    Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2021, 08:39:05 PM »

hence why I said "internals"
    AGA
    Atlas Politician
    Junior Chimp
    United States

Political Matrix
    E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
    « Reply #113 on: September 25, 2021, 09:08:33 PM »

Is this a voluntary VP selection?
    Spark
    Spark498
    Atlas Politician
    Junior Chimp
    United States

Political Matrix

P P P
    « Reply #114 on: September 25, 2021, 09:34:45 PM »

I've consulted the Councilor.
    Spark
    Spark498
    Atlas Politician
    Junior Chimp
    United States

Political Matrix

P P P
    « Reply #115 on: September 25, 2021, 09:38:43 PM »
    « Edited: September 25, 2021, 09:58:01 PM by Senator Spark »

Moral Authority

Charleston, South Carolina

Hello my fellow Atlasians, it is my top priority as President to provide clear and strong moral leadership on a multitude of issues. In contrast to my opponents, I care about the right to life. The party in power favors the execution of unborn lives and fails to grant them a chance to make a difference in our world. Unlike my counterparts, I have been a lifelong Catholic. I believe that every person in this country, born and unborn, can have a chance. I understand the separation of church and state and will not push that boundary, but I need to make my position known. It is unacceptable to me that a party that believes in eliminating the sanctity of life claims to have "moral authority". That notion is preposterous, and would invite them to a public debate on this issue.

To those who say I'm a criminal, I've never abused my offices or committed crimes in office. Being a leader means you learn from mistakes, right your wrongs, and lead citizens toward a better future. I'm a reformer, and believe that we can fix things that do not work for us in an efficient fashion. My opponent is a progressive and will bring far left solutions to our government. I don't have the confidence that the party in power can do that any longer, and that is why I am continuing to fight in this race.

Being President means you don't disappear when times get tough. I've been tried, tested, and overcame challenges to reach this point. And yet, this moment is not about me. It is about you. Atlasia has a choice to make in this election. Continue down this path, or redirect its course to a different way. I will spark the change by leading Atlasia down a different path, one toward prosperity and equality for all. We don't need extreme solutions, we must be pragmatic and resolute in this path forward.

Best,

Spark
    Unconditional Surrender Truman
    Harry S Truman
    Atlas Icon

« Reply #116 on: September 25, 2021, 10:10:06 PM »

Wow. People call me "dirty Harry," and even I would not attack my opponents for taking time off for their mental health. Then again, Labor does have a considerably easier time running against Spark, a notorious sex pest and ex-con whose lewd correspondence cost his party the presidency in February.
    Shameful!

The lady doth protest too much, methinks, to cast aspersions as to the sincerity of our senator's faith. "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven;but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven ... Then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." We will let the voters be the judge, of who is the false Christian.
    Continential
    The Op
    Atlas Politician
    Atlas Icon
    Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #117 on: September 25, 2021, 10:13:12 PM »

progressive and will bring far left solutions to our government.
    try harder on your dumb talking points
    S019
    Atlas Icon
    Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #118 on: September 25, 2021, 10:14:20 PM »

Spark is really one to talk about morality given he literally created a sock account to try to cheat in an elections game.
    Spark
    Spark498
    Atlas Politician
    Junior Chimp
    United States

Political Matrix

P P P
    « Reply #119 on: September 25, 2021, 10:18:13 PM »

Spark is really one to talk about morality given he literally created a sock account to try to cheat in an elections game.

Ya'll need new material to attack me on. I will keep fighting for Atlasia. The citizens know I do well in office and I maintain their confidence.
    Continential
    The Op
    Atlas Politician
    Atlas Icon
    Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #120 on: September 25, 2021, 10:19:37 PM »

Ya'll need new material to attack me on. I will keep fighting for Atlasia. The citizens know I do well in office and I maintain their confidence.
    Looks like you didn't address you being a sex pest.
    S019
    Atlas Icon
    Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #121 on: September 25, 2021, 10:19:58 PM »

Reporter: Mr. Spark can you please explain how you will help this county?

Spark: Ya'll need new questions to ask me. I will keep fighting for Atlasia. The citizens know I do well in office and I maintain their confidence.
    Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
    North Carolina Yankee
    Atlas Institution
    United States

« Reply #122 on: September 25, 2021, 11:20:16 PM »

Being President means you don't disappear when times get tough.

It is one thing to criticize someone who "disappears from the game" while making 90 some posts on the Atlas during the same time period (NeverAgain). It also is certainly worthy of critique if said person disappears for no explanation as such and then later returns asking to be entrusted with office only to do it again and again (Barnes and others come to mind).

However, in this situation we know why Scott left and we know the severity of it for real life concerns. I remember a time when PiT had to conceal the fact that his house burned down for fear that game sociopaths would use it against him in his bid for Senate. I also remember a time where I nearly got driven from office because I disappeared for a good two plus weeks because of both physical and mental health issues.

Whatever areas of disagreements one might have, it is wholly and completely inappropriate for  any candidate to seek to politicize real life problems. These problems can happen to anybody and I don't want us in a place where people are feeling they need to hide personal situations because of who might take advantage of it like we were in 2015.
    West_Midlander
    Junior Chimp
    United States

Political Matrix
    E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #123 on: September 26, 2021, 05:46:17 AM »

Being President means you don't disappear when times get tough.

What an abominable remark. This is a game and real-life concerns, real-life business, personal concerns, personal health, mental health, and anything of that sort should easily come first.

The gentleman from Virginia nearly died (IRL) a short while back. And on that occasion, I obviously prayed for his safe deliverance back to good health and for God to give him the strength to carry on.

Jesus tells us to love our enemies and that definitely includes loving those who are just political rivals of ours and not actual enemies.

I considered Senator Spark a close ally and friend and I have been glad to support him in the past, but I cannot support this level of amorality at the ballot box, especially when the opposing major ticket is a fine ticket of two gentlemen who I like and respect very much.

While I have sparred with the gentleman from Virginia on the campaign trail (for NPCs), he never attacked me or my party in such an untoward way which some of his fellow partisans unfortunately did. He is a skilled campaigner and puts the issues first. I was not planning to endorse on this morning and not until our party nominated a candidate officially.

However, I am willing and happy to now throw my support behind the gentleman from Virginia and I hope that our party does not put up a major candidate who would be competitive. However, given that the honorable gentleman from Virginia has already secured a lot of multi-partisan support, I consider his election almost guaranteed. Mr. Scott (DK his state or office in Atlasia) is a pro-gun, policy-first candidate who deserves our support; the individual matters more than the party.
    Spark
    Spark498
    Atlas Politician
    Junior Chimp
    United States

Political Matrix

P P P
    « Reply #124 on: September 26, 2021, 08:58:13 AM »

I should clarify this statement and say that I am obviously not referring to Scott's mental health situation as I have needed time off for that as well. We have to draw a line and this is a game. If you look at my record, I've always put RL first and encouraged others to do the same. If you look at my interaction with the current President I've never politicized things of this magnitude.

What I do have a problem with is past Labor officials not doing their jobs when the time is needed. I recall an instance where I had to petition members of the CoD to resign because they did not put the people first.
    Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10  
    « previous next »
    Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies