Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:36:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
Poll
Question: Which party is best suited to handle the economy?
Labor Party
Federalist Party
Democratic Alliance
Other
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need!  (Read 9061 times)
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2021, 04:31:13 PM »

Has somebody literally been running for President since 1 week after the last election?

Yep
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2021, 06:27:15 PM »

Longest presidential campaign in Atlasian history?

Makes me want to pull a D.W. Perry and promise to run in October 2036 or something. Tongue
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2021, 09:06:56 PM »

Longest presidential campaign in Atlasian history?

Makes me want to pull a D.W. Perry and promise to run in October 2036 or something. Tongue

Indeed. I will keep fighting for the people.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2021, 09:34:55 PM »

Townhall

Hello everyone, I plan to hold a town-hall event on Thursday evening at 7 PM ET to take questions from our citizens here and live from Discord. I will answer any and all questions.

See you there!

Best,

Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2021, 09:37:47 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2021, 06:02:00 PM by Senator Spark »

Statement on Hurricane season

New Orleans, Louisiana

My fellow citizens, we have witnessed rampant tragedy countless times across our nation due to changing weather conditions, especially hurricanes. It will be my highest priority to enact federal legislation to assist with disaster relief, economic aid, humanitarian assistance, and shelter needs in the coming days. My thoughts and prayers are with our communities during this devastating time and I will do everything in my power to support our citizens through this. In the President's absence, state and local must call a state of emergency to gain help from the federal government. It is their prerogative. This will free up well-needed federal resources for this purpose. We cannot thrive as a nation unless we provide for those who are most vulnerable right now and I will do that together with my colleagues in Congress.

Thank you and be safe.

Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2021, 08:16:53 PM »

Townhall Reminder

This is a reminder that I will be holding a townhall to take your questions now at 10 PM ET. I will also be addressing live questions from the Discord chat.

Hope to see you there!

Best,

Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2021, 09:27:24 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2021, 06:02:17 PM by Senator Spark »

Climate Planning Council

Houston, Texas

My fellow citizens, in the wake and aftermath of hurricane season along with all other turbulent natural disasters, it will be my top priority to establish a climate planning council via executive order to address the effects of climate change if elected President. This council will work with state and local partners to reduce our carbon emissions by 1/3rd through a carbon capture program by 2035. This carbon captured from the atmosphere will be used for farming and aid our farmers with their crops.

It will have a simultaneous effect of reducing our CO2 emissions dramatically while providing a beneficial purpose. The council will also work to stop hurricanes in their tracks before they begin by heightening emergency preparedness, responsiveness through drills, evacuation plans, and food rationing. It will also involve upgrading our facilities and infrastructure to protect against storm surges. The less population we have in a flood-prone area, the better. We should get our people out before the disaster strikes. I will increase these protections upon being elected President.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2021, 09:31:29 PM »

How do you stop hurricanes in their tracks? That's like not possible, and no nuking them doesn't work, that just creates radioactive hurricanes.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2021, 09:36:58 PM »

How do you stop hurricanes in their tracks? That's like not possible, and no nuking them doesn't work, that just creates radioactive hurricanes.

I am not suggesting nuking hurricanes. There is something called the sunglasses effect that reduces the severity and likelihood of hurricanes. It involves infusing sulfate into the atmosphere, but requires sophisticated technology. I hope to help provide companies with the R&D funding to make this happen. I'm confident geoengineering could get this done over the next 15 years.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2021, 09:38:46 PM »

I am not suggesting nuking hurricanes. There is something called the sunglasses effect that reduces the severity and likelihood of hurricanes. It involves infusing sulfate into the atmosphere, but requires sophisticated technology. I hope to help provide companies with the R&D funding to make this happen. I'm confident geoengineering could get this done over the next 15 years.
bold to assume that atlasia will exist in one year, much less in fifteen years
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2021, 09:41:28 PM »

15 IRL years equates to around a few months in game at this point. If we continue on this unsustainable course under Labor we won't be around much longer. I will make sure that Atlasia sticks around for longer than 1 year if I am elected President.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2021, 09:42:59 PM »

15 IRL years equates to around a few months in game at this point. I will make sure that Atlasia sticks around for longer than 1 year if I am elected President.
I guess we'd are in the year 2something and we'd die of climate change.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2021, 09:52:18 PM »

Why should centrists and center-right wingers vote for someone who voted against the AWB repeal?
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2021, 05:30:12 PM »

Anyways, this BI article shows why your plan wouldn't work: https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-stop-a-hurricane-sulfate-cooling-2015-11

But there's one huge problem: Pumping that much sulfate into the atmosphere would poke holes in the protective ozone layer surrounding the Earth. The ozone is critical because it protects us from deadly radiation from the sun.

Also hurricanes are far from the only natural disasters, shouldn't try to stop tornadoes too, or tsunamis, or volcanoes, or earthquakes? I think we should drill giant holes into volcanoes and remove the magma from them, yes it'd be expensive, and might have bad consequences, but I think the plan is worth it, what are your thoughts?
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2021, 04:39:32 AM »
« Edited: October 10, 2021, 06:02:34 PM by Senator Spark »

Statement on the crisis in Lincoln

New York City

Hello everyone, the current crisis in Lincoln is a result of the inactivity that has been plaguing this game. While I share no allegiance to these secessionist ideas, it is apparent that the status quo is not working. However, this is not the answer. The constitution and laws are in place to be followed, and not to be set aside. I urge officeholders in Lincoln to remain firmly against this effort and to bring the state of that region back to normal. This can only be done by sorting it out in the courts and not resorting to violence. I am confident that there will be a resolution and the federal government should be more involved in reaching a settlement of this dispute.

We are one nation Atlasia. We are better united than divided. Remember that.

Best,

Spark
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2021, 10:57:09 AM »

You still haven’t answered my question
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2021, 07:13:28 AM »

Has anyone actually endorsed Spark? Perseverance is a wonderful quality but sometimes it's too much.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2021, 07:16:45 AM »
« Edited: September 19, 2021, 07:33:54 AM by West_Midlander »

Has anyone actually endorsed Spark? Perseverance is a wonderful quality but sometimes it's too much.

I did, but I am rescinding my endorsement now. I forgot about Spark's stance on guns and I would rather not vote for a candidate who is for the AWB. I know that Scott is pro-gun but I would rather not vote for a candidate who is pro-UBI either.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2021, 07:27:19 AM »
« Edited: September 19, 2021, 11:32:30 AM by Southern Senator Spark »

I did, lol. But I am rescinding my endorsement now. I forgot about Spark's stance on guns and I would rather not vote for a candidate who is for the AWB. I know that Scott is pro-gun but I would rather not vote for a candidate who is pro-UBI either.

I am now voting in favor of the repeal of a few sections of the AWB. It doesn't make much sense to me to repeal the full bill. We need to balance safeguarding the rights of law abiding citizens. I am open to repealing sections D and E.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2021, 08:14:08 AM »

I did, lol. But I am rescinding my endorsement now. I forgot about Spark's stance on guns and I would rather not vote for a candidate who is for the AWB. I know that Scott is pro-gun but I would rather not vote for a candidate who is pro-UBI either.

I am now voting in favor of the repeal of a few sections of the AWB.
[8:40 AM] Kool Kat Kommunist: I am still voting no lol
[8:42 AM] Kool Kat Kommunist: On the full repeal
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2021, 07:54:29 PM »

Anyways, this BI article shows why your plan wouldn't work: https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-stop-a-hurricane-sulfate-cooling-2015-11

But there's one huge problem: Pumping that much sulfate into the atmosphere would poke holes in the protective ozone layer surrounding the Earth. The ozone is critical because it protects us from deadly radiation from the sun.

Also hurricanes are far from the only natural disasters, shouldn't try to stop tornadoes too, or tsunamis, or volcanoes, or earthquakes? I think we should drill giant holes into volcanoes and remove the magma from them, yes it'd be expensive, and might have bad consequences, but I think the plan is worth it, what are your thoughts?

Yes. We should try to stop them before they occur.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2021, 08:07:52 PM »

Climate Preparedness Bill

Today, I introduced a bill to aid in our national preparedness for exigencies across the nation. Too many times, our citizens and officials are unable to move quickly enough to avoid the loss of life and property due to natural disasters. This bill will aid with just that. I also plan to conduct additional research into a bill to legislate the prevention of these natural events through funding research and development. Surely, we can prevent these events before they happen with sufficient technological advances.

I will continue fighting to keep our people safe.

Thank you.

Best,

Spark
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2021, 08:30:56 PM »

These statements, frankly, show a contempt for science that should be disqualifying for any potential Presidential candidate.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2021, 08:33:41 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2021, 08:36:50 PM by Clinton/Kaine/ Northam/ Biden/Warner voter for Youngkin »

Yes. We should try to stop them before they occur.

Yes we should try to stop tornadoes, which often we don't know that they form until like 30 min before they touch the ground. In fact, even current forecasting isn't a perfect science, tornado warnings are issued when there's rotation in the storm, but not every single tornado warning will necessarily yield a tornado. There's a lot of factors that go into whether or not that rotation actually produces a tornado, and we simply can't control that.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2021, 09:18:32 PM »

These statements, frankly, show a contempt for science that should be disqualifying for any potential Presidential candidate.

I follow the science. But we need to look into saving lives.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies