Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:00:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Poll
Question: Which party is best suited to handle the economy?
Labor Party
Federalist Party
Democratic Alliance
Other
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need!  (Read 9066 times)
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2021, 09:30:20 PM »

He might re-register but I will remove him from the list for now.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2021, 01:28:51 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2021, 06:03:34 PM by Senator Spark »

Nominations for Secretary of State and Secretary of Defense

Charlotte, North Carolina

My fellow Atlasians, today I am announcing more nominees for my potential cabinet of Atlasia. If elected, I would like to name Jimmy7812 to lead the State Department and OldSchoolRepublican (OSR) as Secretary of Defense, a position I intend to revive. OSR's positions on national security will serve as an important measure to protect our country.

These individuals are qualified to serve in these roles because they demonstrate a commitment to Atlasia through their public service. Jimmy served as Vice President and Lincoln Secretary of State. He has a breadth of knowledge regarding foreign affairs from those roles.

I have full faith that they will lead our country well into the next presidential term.

Thank you all.

Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2021, 01:34:48 PM »

Presidential debates

Today, I requested three public presidential debates to inform the citizens of Atlasia about our policy positions and changes we intend to make in Atlasia. It is important to me that we are as transparent as possible to the people regarding our political positions and initiatives. This is the reason I intend to participate in these debates. It is my utmost hope that Wulfric will be able to host these debates requested for August 18, September 22, and October 13. I also think we should have one VP debate.

Our main opponent, President SevenEleven, has declined to even say he is running again for a second term in light of a recent scandal. We need commitment and crystal clear transparency in Atlasia. The people deserve a leader who will serve them for the long haul. I will bring that leadership on the first day in office. Soon, I will be tasking my runningmate for Vice President, RC, to elaborate on our initiatives through a speech tour across our land. I promise to make communications a focal point of my administration.

I look forward to participating in these debates and do hope that my opponents choose to do the same. My team and I are committed to a better Atlasia.

Best,

Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2021, 07:06:18 PM »

Intended Appointments and Cabinet updates

Hello all, I have additional appointment announcements today. If elected, I will select lfromNJ as CG as we need to fill the position. TimTurner will be debate moderator, and WxTransit will head the Press Corps. I hope to remain as transparent as possible regarding all of my activities if elected President this fall. The press corps' mission will be just that. To inform and be clear about all of my initiatives that I intend to propose. This team will do a fine job and I will come into office with a full cabinet ready to hit the ground rolling.

Best,

Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2021, 07:13:25 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2021, 06:03:55 PM by Senator Spark »

A change in direction for Atlasia

Chicago, Illinois

Hello my fellow Atlasians. Some of you may be wondering why that you should vote for a Federalist and change directions. The reasons are plentiful. We need dire change in Atlasia. We need to commit to moderation, sensibility, transparency, and ridding the waste and corruption from our government. I pledge to you today that I will run an administration that promotes fairness for all people.

I will not use my office for personal gain or to sell political appointments based on your vote. I will not compromise my principles. I promise to remain above the fray and getting things done for the people of Atlasia. This is what Labor has failed to do. Moving forward, we must discontinue the petty politics of the past and return Atlasia to a brighter future. That is what I will do as your next president.

Best,

Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2021, 07:15:24 PM »
« Edited: July 25, 2021, 07:22:32 PM by Southern Senator Spark »

Federalist Nomination

This is an official announcement that I do intend to seek the nomination of the Federalist Party when that respective convention is held. I have been a Federalist my entire career and hope to be the first Federalist elected to the presidency since Tmthfor94 in 2019.

I am confident the people of Atlasia will be able to move forward from the divisiveness of the past two election cycles; and that they will be ready for a civil debate and public discourse that will be refreshing to see. I have great respect for those in my party, and I do hope that they can come to support my eventual nomination on behalf of my party. To my party members and colleagues in the Senate, you have my ear. From conservatives to moderates, I will embody the principles that I, and my party stand for at all times.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2021, 07:16:13 PM »

Seeing as I had previously had made a public statement in opposition to this campaign, I am incredibly honored to be included on this list alongside distinguished citizens such as Truman who will also not take part in a Spark administration.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2021, 07:21:34 PM »

Seeing as I had previously had made a public statement in opposition to this campaign, I am incredibly honored to be included on this list alongside distinguished citizens such as Truman who will also not take part in a Spark administration.

I do hope that you reconsider, as you are welcome in my administration should we prevail.

"I support the motion -- not for any personal reasons -- but because of past actions that have been brought to light by the candidate in question that I do not need to bring up here due to their nature. All I will say on the question of such actions is that they are highly concerning and inconsistent with the values of the Democratic Alliance. In addition, as a result of these actions, it is my belief that such a campaign would be unlikely to be supported by moderate Federalists and a significant portion of this party if it were to go forward; thus, in one of the most important elections for the opposition, we would run the risk of running a candidate unlikely to draw the crossover support needed to win against a Labor candidate."

Let the past be the past. I have learned from mistakes and am very much ready and prepared to lead Atlasia into the future.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2021, 10:51:02 PM »

I do hope that you reconsider, as you are welcome in my administration should we prevail.

"I support the motion -- not for any personal reasons -- but because of past actions that have been brought to light by the candidate in question that I do not need to bring up here due to their nature. All I will say on the question of such actions is that they are highly concerning and inconsistent with the values of the Democratic Alliance. In addition, as a result of these actions, it is my belief that such a campaign would be unlikely to be supported by moderate Federalists and a significant portion of this party if it were to go forward; thus, in one of the most important elections for the opposition, we would run the risk of running a candidate unlikely to draw the crossover support needed to win against a Labor candidate."

Let the past be the past. I have learned from mistakes and am very much ready and prepared to lead Atlasia into the future.

Perhaps I got a bit too snarky with my comment -- including people without even asking them is quite presumptuous, annoying, and offensive; the reason for my post -- but I fully stand by the statement that I made, every word. Not only have you alienated every member of the leadership and a supermajority of members in the opposition's second-largest party, but your previous actions have also alienated independents and swing voters from a potential Spark candidacy. You may very well prefer that your past is left in the past, but Labor voters who would need to be swung to the opposition will not do so.

In addition, you bolded the easiest part of my statement to wave away with a "keep the past in the past" argument. Even if we choose to ignore the past -- which will simply not happen (and should not, due to its nature) -- the damage done to your crossover appeal through the way this campaign has been conducted over the past month is enough by itself to tarnish the reputation of an opposition ticket led by you beyond the chance of electoral success. In a campaign when opposition parties need absolutely everything to break their way to win, running anyone with half the controversies you have been involved in would be far too much a risk from an electoral perspective. If you continue to run this campaign, you could inflict damage to not only your reputation but the reputation of the opposition as a whole. You are doing no one but Labor any favors by staying in this race -- a race that, by the way, is over three months away, something that in itself has harmed your reputation and alienated the nation against your campaign.

I mean this all respectfully but seriously. I have tried to stay away from making statements that concern a largely personal issue ever since I have returned to this game, but this situation has warranted a response from me.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2021, 01:33:23 PM »
« Edited: July 26, 2021, 01:37:23 PM by Southern Senator Spark »

Perhaps I got a bit too snarky with my comment -- including people without even asking them is quite presumptuous, annoying, and offensive; the reason for my post -- but I fully stand by the statement that I made, every word. Not only have you alienated every member of the leadership and a supermajority of members in the opposition's second-largest party, but your previous actions have also alienated independents and swing voters from a potential Spark candidacy. You may very well prefer that your past is left in the past, but Labor voters who would need to be swung to the opposition will not do so.

In addition, you bolded the easiest part of my statement to wave away with a "keep the past in the past" argument. Even if we choose to ignore the past -- which will simply not happen (and should not, due to its nature) -- the damage done to your crossover appeal through the way this campaign has been conducted over the past month is enough by itself to tarnish the reputation of an opposition ticket led by you beyond the chance of electoral success. In a campaign when opposition parties need absolutely everything to break their way to win, running anyone with half the controversies you have been involved in would be far too much a risk from an electoral perspective. If you continue to run this campaign, you could inflict damage to not only your reputation but the reputation of the opposition as a whole. You are doing no one but Labor any favors by staying in this race -- a race that, by the way, is over three months away, something that in itself has harmed your reputation and alienated the nation against your campaign.

I mean this all respectfully but seriously. I have tried to stay away from making statements that concern a largely personal issue ever since I have returned to this game, but this situation has warranted a response from me.

Should it be said that running a candidate with the controversies I had would have not been a Representative? What about Senator? I don't let my past define me. We have to reinvent ourselves.

I have addressed and apologized for my past actions but there is nothing I can do to change the past. I am not saying we should ignore it but rather acknowledge and learn from it. I'm here to build a better Atlasia for all of its citizens, regardless of what the party leaders say or think. This is something to which I will remain committed. I am focused on establishing a coalition that seeks to create and foster a better future. Let the voters decide my appeal to them and if my ideas make sense for the times.

I've said this ad nauseum since I've announced, but the reason I am running so early is to get to know the concerns of voters. For my opponents, of which they are a vocal number, I hope to quell their doubts about my candidacy. We must buy into a vision that lifts up all of our people. My candidacy is not about me, it's about our country. That is something I put above all else.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2021, 06:25:40 PM »
« Edited: July 26, 2021, 06:35:16 PM by Southern Senator Spark »

Vice Presidential nominee updates

My fellow Atlasians, I come before you with an update regarding my vice presidential runningmate Mr. ReaganClinton. Mr. RC needed to withdraw due to IRL commitments, of which I completely understand. Mr. ReaganClinton is a dedicated and hardworking public servant of whom I have the utmost faith and confidence. I do hope that all will be well for him in these endeavors and that you should know that he has a place in my administration.

For now, I will restart the vice presidential search and re-establish the short-list. I intend to continue running this campaign as scheduled. Should no vice presidential nominee come forward, I do hope that a nominee for VP is selected at the Federalist convention.

Thank you all.

Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2021, 06:47:11 PM »

Vice Presidential Search

Hello everyone, I am accepting suggestions for the vice-presidential spot on the ticket. You may send me a PM or post publicly here to be considered. I am not opposed to running with a member of any party except the Labor party, due to the divergence in views that I believe is needed. I will consider all perspectives of my running-mate and heed their advice. It is important to me that the person that is selected as my vice president is able to serve on day 1 of my administration.

I do have a short-list of individuals that I am releasing to the public today. You deserve nothing but full transparency about this matter.

My short-list for Vice President of Atlasia is as follows (in no particular order):

House Speaker Rep. Joseph Cao
Fmr. Lt. Gov. RGN
Sen. AGA (declined)
Sen. Jimmy (declined)

Fmr. Gov. ReaganClinton (selected June 28, withdrew July 26).
Lincoln Speaker LfromNJ (selected as CG and Deputy CoS)

There may be instances where I may need to add or remove candidates from this list. Should no candidate accept, I hope that our nominee will be selected on the floor of the convention.

All of the above named officeholders are more than qualified to serve as Vice President. I look forward to considering their candidacy.  

Thank you.

Best,

Senator Spark

Restarting this
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2021, 07:00:40 PM »

VP Selection [repost]

Hello my fellow Atlasians, I proudly come before you tonight to announce that I have concluded my short vice presidential search. I have the pleasure of introducing to you a man who has the commitment, drive, and ability to strive to never before seen heights. That man is no other than Former Speaker Joseph Cao. Mr. Cao has served Atlasia well during his tenure. He is extraordinarily active and devoted to the game engine. Joseph Cao is a principled leader and legislator. Mr. Cao also conducts himself with integrity through his own volition and rises above the fray when it comes to politics. I am confident that he will be a dedicated and responsible public servant as your next Vice President. Mr. Cao is more than qualified to assume the presidency in the event I am no longer able to do so.

Should he be inclined to accept, we will be a team like no other who will be devoted to the mission of Atlasia and protect it for the future.

Dave bless this land.

Best,

Senator Spark, presidential candidate

I have chosen Speaker Cao a second time, as his qualifications and service to Atlasia are unparalleled. I will provide Mr. Cao enough time for his consideration by end of day Friday.

Thank you.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2021, 07:23:45 PM »

What is your reaction to the 75% of people who don't want change in Atlasia?
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2021, 07:57:02 PM »

What is your reaction to the 75% of people who don't want change in Atlasia?

That they are satisfied with the status quo, we all know that it must change.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2021, 08:25:20 PM »
« Edited: August 13, 2021, 07:18:58 AM by Southern Senator Spark »

Statement on President SevenEleven

My fellow Atlasians, it has been said as of a few days ago, that our President was involved in an auto accident. All politics aside, this moment calls for our nation to come together in hopes for a swift and healthy recovery for him. The President and I share the same commitment to better our nation and provide for its future. I wish him well on his recovery.

Best,

Senator Spark
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2021, 06:42:37 PM »

Activity within the game

Dear my fellow Atlasians,

It has become clear over time that interest and activity in this game has steadily decreased, especially under this administration. I pledge to you that increasing activity in the game will be one of my top priorities in my presidency. I plan to accomplish this by promoting and expanding NPCs, recruiting new members, and passing measures to strengthen the game engine. I will ensure that the game remains engaging through the promotion of current events that the next Game Moderator, Harry S Truman, devises.

To forge a better future, we must heighten the commitment of new and current members to this game. Let's make it an enjoyable and active place for all.

Best,

Spark
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2021, 02:48:37 PM »

Endorsed
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2021, 03:14:38 PM »

Thank you Smiley
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2021, 04:38:30 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2021, 06:04:35 PM by Senator Spark »

Presidential Commission on Activity in the Republic of Atlasia

Detroit, Michigan

Upon being elected President, I will establish a bi-partisan commission to aid activity within the game. One of the members on said commission will include the Game Moderator, members of the Domestic policy council, and others as necessary and permitted by law. I believe that we can come to a timely agreement on how to best move forward in Atlasia.

With all due respect, our current President has recently been unable to serve as actively due an auto accident. We hope for his speedy recovery, but the game must go on. The Labor party has caused the festering of inactivity and general hopelessness among the population at-large. I will bring this to an end if elected. We have the best and brightest lawmakers and citizens in Atlasia, I believe that we can come together to find a solution to this issue. While I have my own perspective regarding the solution to inactivity nationwide, my leadership style is best encapsulated when I take all sides into account.

I urge all new members of Atlas to peruse the site and register in Atlasia. It is the newcomers that help the game to thrive. We need fresh ideas and I believe that you can bring that. For current officeholders, I believe that your display of commitment and fortitude will lead us forward while newcomers become acquainted to the game. I know I can count on you as reliable partners if I am elected the next President of Atlasia.

Bless Atlasia.

Spark
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2021, 04:40:53 PM »

nobody will join atlasia because of you
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2021, 05:26:28 PM »

nobody will join atlasia because of you

We should address this at the debate tomorrow Mr. Ishan.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2021, 05:00:11 PM »
« Edited: August 27, 2021, 07:17:53 AM by Southern Senator Spark »

Presidential debate

Hello my fellow Atlasians, I look forward to participating in this evening's presidential debate at 7 PM ET. I believe this will be a great opportunity to provide our citizens with where we stand on the issues and our priorities for the future of this country. I will be as honest and transparent as possible. Be sure to ask any questions that you have.

Best,

Spark

Here are some of my responses from the debate:
Candidates, welcome. We'll begin with a general opening set.

Why are you running - what makes you interested in this job and what are the key things you would do in office?

What makes you qualified to hold this job?

From Weatherboy: After the long, painful campaign of February, why have you decided to create another months-long campaign?

You can also make any General opening comments you have.

Firstly, I would like to thank Wulfric and DDNN for choosing to host this debate. My name is Spark, and I am running to be our nation's next President because I believe we are left with a choice. Either continue down the road of the status quo which includes stagnation and inactivity, or choose a different path toward prosperity and inclusivity. The fact is the Labor Party has left behind working Atlasians for far too long and I will do everything in my power as President to lift them up. We will move forward together to a brighter future that I know we are capable of creating, but it involves making a change. I can assure you that I will move beyond the trivial and contentious politics of the past, to put you first. If elected, I will implement key initiatives which include renegotiating our trade deals, fighting for the right to life through a constitutional amendment, and much more.

As for my qualifications, my record shows that I can lead, am committed to moderation and reform, and that I am a capable, and active public servant who can implement pragmatic solutions. I've worked with members of each party to ensure the smooth implementation of the Fifth Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia and numerous other accomplishments. This next election isn't about me or my opponents, it is about the direction that we want Atlasia to take in the next few years.

To Weatherboy's question, I have decided to embark on another campaign because I believe Atlasia is worth fighting for and I won't back down from challenges. Neither should our country. I understand that voters may not want to engage in another campaign this early, but I pledged that this campaign would be different and civil, and I hold true to that promise.

I appreciate your consideration. Thank you.

Thank you. Let's talk about the status of the game. As you may be aware there is currently a candidate shortage as it relates to the August midterms.

1. Are you satisfied with the 5th Constitution? Why or why not? What changes if any would you make?
2. How specifically would you try to increase activity in Atlasia - specifically interest in running for office?
3. Would you seek to lessen or end NPC elections? Why or why not?

I appreciate these questions.

1. I am very satisfied with the 5th Constitution and its implementation. I believe that the 5th Constitution will encourage increased activity within the game as there are additional seats that will be up for election. One of my primary concerns regarding the new Constitution was that voters would not be aware of these changes or the election calendar. This can be easily addressed by having an active Game Moderator. I would not modify the 5th Constitution other than to introduce a Right to Life amendment.

2. My plan regarding activity in Atlasia is to establish a bi-partisan presidential commission to aid activity within Atlasia. This will include members of the newly appointed Domestic policy council, the Game Moderator, and others as required. This commission will explore solutions to this issue. It is my firm belief that if we conduct increased recruiting from Discord by helping new users become oriented to the game. We can grow this registration organically, rather than to serve a political purpose. Having an active Game Moderator is imperative for creating an engaging game engine.

3. As President, I would not end or lessen NPCs. But rather help to maintain and expand NPC elections. It would be beneficial to involve citizens in other ways through the game engine by participating in town halls, international events, and serving on boards. These ideas would be suggestions to the commission.

Due to highly immoral, sinful, and condemnable lack of interest and honesty on the part of Ishan (particularly in breaking direct discord public commitments to participate), this will be the final round of the debate.

For whoever will answer:

From Weatherboy:

what will you do to ensure furry supremacy?

will you fund research into potentially ending aging altogether through gene therapy?

will you fund space exploration and technology further?

Ishan is urged to at least answer this question: From Cao:
how do you believe that Spark is, in your words, putting himself over the rest of Atlasia?

Candidates may also issue any further rebuttals or statements they wish to make.

We thank our viewers and Federalist Candidate Spark for their dedication. Again, we strongly condemn Ishan and urge all to soundly reject his candidacy.

what will you do to ensure furry supremacy?

The furry fandom falls under your 1st amendment right to speech. As long as you do no harm, I see no issue with it.

will you fund research into potentially ending aging altogether through gene therapy?

Yes, I believe it is possible to grant adequate funding to research and development and for companies in Atlasia to compete for grants. We need the best companies in our country that are able to innovate and the only way that this can be accomplished is through competition across state lines. The free market is the best way to ensure competition and the company that is able to aid us in this goal will serve as a key partner in eradicating aging.

Our population will live longer which means we would need an enhanced healthcare system, the solution to that is eliminating the costs of co-pays and deductibles through establishing a national public health fund from insurance companies.

will you fund space exploration and technology further?

I will be establishing a space council and plan to expand funding for space exploration by setting new goals in conducting a mission to the moon and a mission to Mars by 2025. It is imperative that Atlasia compete on the world stage to ensure that we have the latest technologies to be proactive against any threats to our national security. I support investing in anti-missile defense technologies that will be able to intercept ICBMs before reaching the orbit of space. Space remains largely un-legislated and I believe that Atlasia should take the lead on this by becoming a signatory against weaponizing space.

As for extraterrestrial life, as President I plan to de-classify any information regarding the existence of aliens. Before disclosure, I will ensure that this does not interfere with our national security, but the Atlasian public does deserve full transparency on this issue.

Rebuttal to Ishan

how do you believe that Spark is, in your words, putting himself over the rest of Atlasia?

This view is totally misguided. I joined the race early to get to know the concerns of voters and care about their futures.

Closing statement

As this debate concludes, I ask all Atlasians to consider your options in this election. Respectfully, none of the other candidates participated fully in this debate. I've demonstrated I am committed to activity, honesty, and transparency. I do hope that my past does not limit me from your consideration, as I pledge to you that I will be an active President, one that will always put your interests first, and protect our nation. I've conducted myself with utmost integrity while in office and upheld my oaths. To our current President, Sev, best wishes on a speedy recovery. Our nation needs you to serve. After the president's term ends, I intend to chart a new direction for Atlasia. One of hope, prosperity, moderation, and civility. That is what we need most in this game. I will bring its vitality back through my initiatives you can count on that. So to disaffected Atlasians from all parties, join me in this fight to restore Atlasia to its rightful place in the world. We can make this game better for all.

Thank you to Wulfric and DDNN for hosting this debate. It is a true honor and privilege to participate.

I plan to keep on fighting for you and for what is right.

Best,

Spark

Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2021, 07:09:37 AM »
« Edited: October 10, 2021, 06:05:08 PM by Senator Spark »

Vision

Mobile, Alabama

My fellow Atlasians, we need a long term vision for the future. We cannot allow our dreams to fall by the wayside. I can commit and pledge to you that I will be an active President who will mercilessly defend our ideals, and remain steadfast in pursuit of our domestic and international goals. A leader cannot be successful without a clear vision of what is to come. Rest assured, I have envisioned a better future for our country and I plan to chart that course if elected.

This involves better coordination with our regional and local counterparts in the areas of crisis response, providing much needed aid when necessary, aiding our partners with setting transparent guidelines relating to the new 5th Constitution, reforming the game engine, and many more priorities. For a change to happen, it must begin with the game engine and we need to make that happen as an administration. I can tell you that I will face no challenge alone. My leadership style tends to be democratic and I plan to heed the advice and feedback from my cabinet before proceeding. In the case of foreign affairs, when swift action or decision is needed, I will not hesitate to take action.

Foreign policy vision

My vision for foreign policy for the Republic is to maintain our global partnerships, remain active with our allies, and be restrained when it comes to force. There are many diplomatic options that can be taken and exhausted before resorting to military action. I do not believe that Atlasia should be the world's police, and can offer foreign aid to struggling countries. That aid must be used for specific purposes. Interdependence is important in the international arena because the world is an uncertain place. We need our allies to support us and we should be there for them. I would shift our foreign policy approach to being non-interventionist, only intervening when absolutely necessary in situations of self-defense or threatening our interests abroad. Shifting toward a philosophy of selective engagement while maintaining forces and bases overseas while not expanding operations or a foray into regime change is the advised course of action under my administration. Each country in the international system is inherently self-interested and will look out for their interests only. I recognize this, and plan to reach out to our adversaries where there is potential for mutual cooperation on issues such as climate change. We will hold our adversaries accountable for their actions if they seek to undermine international peace, sovereignty, or stability. However, we should not opt for military force but rather diplomatic means.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2021, 03:58:06 PM »

Has somebody literally been running for President since 1 week after the last election?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies