Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:47:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Poll
Question: Which party is best suited to handle the economy?
Labor Party
Federalist Party
Democratic Alliance
Other
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need!  (Read 9180 times)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2021, 10:23:22 PM »
« edited: October 10, 2021, 06:05:35 PM by Senator Spark »

Statement on the Democratic Alliance Leadership Vote

Norfolk, Massachusetts

Hello everyone, this evening, the leadership of the Democratic Alliance voted to oppose my candidacy on the grounds not to automatically support a presidential ticket of a different party. This is entirely understandable, as a party such as DA has the right to do so and to desire to nominate their own presidential candidate. I can publicly assure the leadership and voters of the Democratic Alliance that you will all have a place in a Spark administration. After all, my runningmate is a member of that party. As I stated previously in my appearance on the Senate trail with former President Tmth, the Federalist Party deems the Democratic Alliance a key ally in the fight against the Labor monopoly. Labor seeks to cling to power, and DA is, and always will be a partner in the struggle to bring back an Atlasia free of its excess influence.

To the voters of the Democratic Alliance, this is my question to you. Why choose the Federalist Party? Because we are more united than ever being a singular cause - to represent you and help you thrive in this country. Labor is committed to furthering their own positions at the expense of citizens. The Sev administration has failed to hit the ground running and must provide stability with the adoption of the new Constitution. Some of the commitments I share with the DA include implementing and enforcing anti-monopoly laws to disrupt trusts and predatory consumer practices to protect ordinary citizens, to close loopholes that only benefit the few and powerful, to have a sensible foreign policy involving a prolonged and heightened commitment to democratic nations, to avoid war and use diplomacy as the first resort. As your next President, I will have a full cabinet assembled by the election. I will include DA members in that cabinet, to provide assurances of the representation of different views and interests.

I can assure you of this, nothing will cause me to waver from fighting for the Atlasian people.

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2021, 10:28:31 PM »

Request for a Public Debate

Hello all, I would like to request a public presidential debate with the incumbent President SevenEleven. I recognize that the President is assembling a cabinet and becoming accustomed to his new duties. However, I believe there is a duty to inform the Atlasian people of his priorities in his term and to detail the policy specifics of these initiatives. I will defer to the President for a debate in a similar format to previous debates at a time and venue of his choosing.

It is my prerogative to provide the Atlasian people with adequate exposure to the divergent visions that we share for our Republic.

Thank you.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2021, 12:48:01 AM »

You declared way too early. Nobody is gonna take you seriously if you keep this up.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2021, 06:59:38 AM »

You declared way too early. Nobody is gonna take you seriously if you keep this up.

I am running a campaign, nothing out of the ordinary here.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2021, 08:09:59 AM »
« Edited: July 05, 2021, 03:10:03 PM by Southern Senator Spark »

Selections for the DPC and NSC

Hello everyone, should I be elected, I intend to designate AGA, PSOL, TimTurner, Joseph Cao, DTC, and Abdullah to the Domestic Policy Council. These individuals have a history of extensive service to Atlasia and are effective policy-makers. I will seek the advice of these members to include their insight in my decisions regarding matters of domestic policy. There is much to be done surrounding the new Constitution.

As for the National Security Council, my selections so far include Wulfric and TPH. Mr. Wulfric has been a loyal member of the Democratic Alliance and has previously served in a number of roles. Wulfric formerly served on the NSC under the Griffin and Pericles administrations, and he is a committed public servant. TPH is immensely qualified as well due to this prior service on the NSC.

Thank you.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2021, 08:49:43 AM »
« Edited: October 10, 2021, 06:05:55 PM by Senator Spark »

Commitment to Moderation

St. Joseph, Missouri

I want everyone to know that I have learned from my past, but one thing that has not changed is my tendency to be pragmatic, to reach across the aisle and work with the other side, to remain committed to my principles, and to never leave anyone behind. Throughout my career in Atlasia, I have maintained my commitment to moderation, and to veer away from extremism. As my record in the Senate demonstrates, I worked in a bipartisan manner with those of the other party to refrain from being an obstructionist. Learning from my prior mistakes, I have acted with respect and integrity in office and will continue to do so. The stakes are high in this election as we know that the Labor monopoly in government has caused the irreparable decay and decline of the game. We need invigorate Atlasia again.

For those of you who are tired of Labor ignoring your interests, you have a place with me. Liberals, DA members, disaffected Laborites, now is the time to come together. For those of you who are tired of partisan rancor and divisiveness, you have a home with my candidacy. The past is in the past now. Look at my record, I've learned, grown, and adapted to higher office. I am not the extremist in this race.

Unfortunately, the Labor party will not think of anyone but themselves, the Federalists are willing to build coalitions that include every Atlasian - I urge moderates to join me in this fight.

To answer the question why I am running so early - it's because I am committed to getting to know the voters' concerns ahead of this election.

Thank you!
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2021, 09:16:24 AM »
« Edited: October 10, 2021, 06:06:11 PM by Senator Spark »

Statement on the Space Policy Council

Santa Fe, New Mexico

Space is an important area of policy that remains unexplored and more importantly, un-legislated. Upon my election as President of Atlasia, we will have a space council that I will form by executive order to provide monthly updates regarding progress on space policy. The purpose of these updates is to provide frequent developments in that area of policy including a review of prior legislation and any new legislation that can be proposed.

Atlasia, under my administration, will be prepared to confront the challenges of a rapidly changing world. Space is a critical area of concern as many other countries will attempt to weaponize space and draw Atlasia into space warfare. I can firmly state, as a presidential candidate, that our nation will not engage in space warfare. However, I can also make the assurance that we will be adequately prepared to defend against any threats.

It is my intention to have an Atlasian on Mars by 2025. Atlasians think big and bold, so this must be accomplished for us to lead on space.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2021, 09:25:18 AM »

Statement on the Registrar General

If elected President, I hereby intend to retain Peebs as the Registrar General and Secretary of Federal Elections. Peebs has done a good job and provides timely updates regarding these matters.

Thank you.

President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2021, 09:35:36 AM »

Oh, sweet! You're definitely going to lose the primary now. (These are two separate thoughts, just to be clear)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2021, 09:39:40 AM »

Oh, sweet! You're definitely going to lose the primary now. (These are two separate thoughts, just to be clear)

My mind can be changed, but your job is safe with me for now.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2021, 01:20:37 PM »

Statements on my Chief of Staff and Deputy Chief of Staff

DeadPrez has been selected as my intended Chief of Staff, lfromNJ will be my Deputy CoS if elected.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2021, 02:13:44 PM »

Nobody else running a serious campaign has ever declared this early.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2021, 02:27:05 PM »

Nobody else running a serious campaign has ever declared this early.

There is a first time for everything. I am an exceptionally dedicated candidate.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2021, 02:27:40 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2021, 06:06:36 PM by Senator Spark »

The next game moderator of Atlasia

Las Vegas, Nevada

Hi everyone, I know I've posted a lot today. But this announcement is vitally important for the continuity of our game. The game moderator handles the game engine and is essentially regarded as a "God". The current occupant is Peanut. The game mod handles simulations of the game and news in general.

I intend to nominate Harry S Truman for this position upon my election. Mr. Truman has an extensive service to Atlasia and needs no introduction. He has been extremely active in his career and will do a fine job for the game engine's upkeep. He covered various events from the Korean Civil War to Britain's exit from the EU. Mr. Truman is a dedicated citizen who is committed to seeing Atlasia thrive. He will perform well in this job.

Best,

Spark

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2021, 02:38:30 PM »

Why are you selecting random people to be in your Cabinet?   
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2021, 02:43:30 PM »

Welcome to Atlasia's SIMP FUTURE
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2021, 02:44:20 PM »

These are not random people. These are public servants who have a consistent track record of activity and contributions to the game.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2021, 02:44:44 PM »

A better and brighter future filled with promise.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2021, 02:48:14 PM »

These are not random people. These are public servants who have a consistent track record of activity and contributions to the game.
Did you ask them?
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2021, 02:49:27 PM »

Did you ask them?

Yes, I did.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2021, 12:32:17 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2021, 06:06:57 PM by Senator Spark »

Leadership in Atlasia

Nashville, Tennessee

If you are tired of being left behind by Labor, it's time to join me in the effort to dismantle their hold on power. I am a committed and principled reformer who knows how to get the job done. I seek to implement pragmatic solutions that work for everyone. The Labor party can claim that they are the party of moderates, but they have not represented the interests of the center. I am the true moderate in this race and will lead from the first day of my administration. The current President has neglected to offer any insight to further the discussion on how we can move forward and settle into the new Constitution. We need stability and activity in this time of transition, and not inaction. The President cannot implement his agenda unless he helps to move the discussion forward. I am calling on President SevenEleven to work with the Senate to ensure the smooth transition to the 5th Constitution.

The Labor Party will continue to take your support for granted. I will not. Leadership means setting a positive example and bringing our country forward. The party in power right now is failing in that endeavor, and as a result, is failing the people of Atlasia.

I hope you consider a change in direction for our country, it is well needed to get us back on track.

Best,

Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2021, 03:30:16 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2021, 06:07:11 PM by Senator Spark »

Statement on social issues

Fayetteville, Arkansas

Hello everyone, today I am going to speak to you about social issues. Often times, I get many questions from Atlasians about these issues. On abortion, as President, I will strive to implement a Right to Life constitutional amendment to protect our citizens from the moment of conception. I do support exceptions for danger to the life of the mother, rape, or incest. We need to get rid of federal funding for abortions because we should not take the chances away for success and a chance at life for our citizens. I fundamentally believe that each person should be granted the opportunity for life. This is the reason I will be the most pro-life President in Atlasian history. We will respect life in my administration.

On the issue of gay marriage and LGBTQ citizens, we need to do more to protect these people from discrimination and senseless attacks and violence. It will be my highest priority, if elected, to ensure that our LGBTQ citizens can leave in peace and harmony without fear of being threatened or marginalized. We need to bring everyone into the fold if we are going to have a successful future in Atlasia. I can assure you that I will leave no one out of that bright future.

To the Atlasians left in the shadows, you will be brought out of them. Just know, that our greatest days are yet ahead.

Spark

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2021, 07:59:55 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2021, 03:02:51 PM by Southern Senator Spark »

Update on presidential campaign activity

According to the results of the poll I took here at my office, a majority of Atlasians (50%) that voted believe that I should cease actively campaigning until closer to the election. I pledge to remain active behind the scenes in planning events, scheduling appearances, opposition research, and polling. I remain committed to this race and will continue to show how a Federalist as your President is better than the Labor monopoly that we have seen over the past few years.

For official statements, please see my Senate office.

If you have any questions about my candidacy, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you.

Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2021, 03:03:49 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2021, 06:07:36 PM by Senator Spark »

Shortlist for Supreme Court nominees

St. Paul, Minnesota

It is my intention to release this shortlist should a vacancy occur on the Supreme Court of Atlasia during my tenure if elected President.

According to Article 2, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Fifth Constitution of Atlasia,

[The President shall have the power, except where limited elsewhere by the Constitution],

to appoint, with the advice and consent of the Senate, the Justices of the Supreme Court;
to establish such executive departments as may be necessary for the execution of the laws, and to appoint their principle officers with the advice and consent of the Senate;

I intend to release this list of Supreme Court nominees who I believe are qualified to serve in the event of a vacancy on the Supreme Court of Atlasia.

They are the following:

Oakvale
Dereich
Rpryor

These individuals have served Atlasia well previously, and I believe that should they need to be called upon again, will do a fine job as Justice of the Supreme Court.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2021, 04:29:43 PM »

RPryor isn’t even registered
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10  
« previous next »