Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:19:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Poll
Question: Which party is best suited to handle the economy?
Labor Party
Federalist Party
Democratic Alliance
Other
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need!  (Read 9169 times)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: October 14, 2021, 08:33:00 PM »

Also, it seems like you are putting your ego above your party.

No. I'm putting this country first. If the party leaders don't have confidence in my candidacy, hopefully the people will.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #226 on: October 14, 2021, 08:55:00 PM »
« Edited: October 14, 2021, 09:00:16 PM by Senator Spark »

Final presidential debate

My fellow Atlasians, I plan to participate in this final debate on October 20 at 7 PM ET. This has been a long campaign, but I will continue the fight all the way to Nyman. I am committed to this race in the final days and will not stop striving for what is right. I hoped that party leaders would understand the reason I am running and that I truly am a serious candidate, but to no avail. I believe that the voters will look favorably upon my candidacy, record, and transparency in this campaign.

This final presidential debate will provide one last opportunity for the voters to judge our platforms side by side and determine which candidate is best positioned to lead Atlasia to a better future. I believe this ticket is the best one, not only because I am principled and pragmatic, but because we are free from any outside influences. The citizens can trust us knowing that we will govern fairly, free from scandal, and to meet all priorities in office.

I really have enjoyed running this campaign over the past few months and things are almost coming to a swift conclusion. This is the final stretch.

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #227 on: October 14, 2021, 08:55:50 PM »

Townhall

I will be holding another townhall on Sunday, 10/17 at 7 PM ET. Be sure to ask questions.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #228 on: October 14, 2021, 09:16:10 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2021, 07:52:59 PM by Senator Spark »

Campaign Events/Schedule

With nearly two more weeks to go in this campaign season, I thought I'd provide you with updates regarding the remaining schedule.

10/11 - Townhall 7 PM ET in Phoenix, Arizona
10/12 - Statement on Tenure in Lincoln Assembly in Trenton, New Jersey
10/14 - Statement at Federalist National Convention
10/15 - Statement on Tenure in Southern CoD in Topeka, Kansas
10/17 - Energy in Young, West Virginia
10/19 - Townhall 7 PM ET
10/20 - Final debate
10/21 - Call to Action speech at presidential HQ in Clearwater, Florida
10/22 - Election day

Below is a map of the states in which I've made campaign stops:

Visited States Map

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #229 on: October 14, 2021, 09:16:29 PM »
« Edited: October 14, 2021, 09:19:30 PM by Senator Spark »

You may find my speech at the Fed convention below:

Statement by presidential candidate Spark

On the floor of the Federalist National Convention

Gentlemen, I come before you to concede the presidential nomination to Senator Joseph Cao. Mr. Cao is an honorable and dignified public servant who I believe is capable to lead our nation. However, I believed I was the stronger candidate as well as being more active. Still, the party leaders had long made up their minds about who their choice was for president. I wish I could say I had confidence in this party but clearly it has not been reciprocal. I do hope that we can mend these fences in the future.

We all know this game is not about which party we belong to or the things we have done in the past, but to lead Atlasia and its citizens to a better life ahead. I've laid out my plans to make this country a better place for all people. As a result, I believe the people will be provided a fair chance for all options this election. From the economy, to healthcare, to immigration, and foreign affairs, to so many other issues, I believe the Federalists are better positioned to lead than the Labor party.

We've witnessed a rampant stagnation and degradation of the game since Labor has been in office for too many years. Electing someone else will bring a fresh perspective and change to this game. It needs to be reinvigorated. Especially in light of the recent secessionist crisis in Lincoln, I suppose Cao would be a good person for the times.

It is important to me that I am provided the respect that I deserve for all I've done up to this point, including putting myself and my runningmate on the line to run for President. I could have spared myself all of this harsh treatment and everything else. Ignoring my candidacy will never make me dissuaded from what I believe in. You can count on that. I will come back stronger and better the next time around even if I am no longer a Fed.

If you'd like to nominate a less active candidacy, that is your prerogative so be it. My candidacy is far from a joke and I thought it was necessary to mount a bid for this nomination. It is simply not worth being bitter about but I can tell you I have been displeased with the Federalist Party's antics this entire year. Being unified means we are stronger together to defeat a common opponent, the Labor party. I was largely kept out of the conversation with Federalist leadership regarding Mr. Cao's candidacy, and do wish him well in this contest.

I appreciate you hearing me out. Just remember, I'm in this for the people and nothing else.

Good luck.

Best,

Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #230 on: October 15, 2021, 04:44:15 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2021, 04:55:46 PM by Senator Spark »

The reason to support this ticket

This is a campaign for those tired of the two party system, so disaffected moderates and members of both parties, I urge you all to vote for a true change free from special interests, a commitment to moderation, and to get rid of divisiveness in our system.

Unlike my opponents, I will implement the peoples' solutions and not those of party leaders. The reason that party leaders don't like me is because I continue to fight for you. They are a bunch of politicians that don't want to hear different solutions. That is precisely the reason Senator Scott doesn't want more councils or cabinet posts. He doesn't want to hear dissent. Labor tunes everybody else out, it's been going on for years and needs to end. It is imperative that we listen to the peoples' concerns and make adjustments accordingly. My priorities are the peoples' priorities and those alone. If you are tired of being left out of the electoral process, now is the time to join our campaign. Both tickets will bring the same old tired solutions to the Republic of Atlasia. CentristRepublican and I will govern sensibly with your best interests in mind. Our opponents won't tell you that this is another rung on the ladder for them to climb rather than rebuilding our country.

I am the most active candidate in this race and I will earn every vote. To all voters, I ask you to abandon the Labor party this election and ask yourselves truly, what are they doing for you? Because the last few years have been tumultuous under Labor. How about the Feds? Until the Feds denounce the scorched earth tactics of LT how can we be sure that this won't continue. Not the mention the secrecy that had shrouded Cao's candidacy the whole time. You never know what you will get with the Feds. Why not give a different type of ticket a chance? You have nothing to lose because the state of Atlasia cannot get worse, only better.

Set aside your feelings about me personally, and do the right thing to put Atlasia first. Despite my immense respect for both major candidates in this race, Cao has been incredibly inactive for a presidential candidate and absent on the Lincoln crisis, while Scott is totally misleading you on who he claims to be in this game.

I never like to brag, but I will be highlighting my record in the South very soon. We all need to come together to put a difficult past behind us and forge an improved vision for this land. These other two major tickets will not do that. We will.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #231 on: October 15, 2021, 04:56:21 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2021, 05:15:34 PM by Senator Spark »

Statement on Tenure in the Southern Chamber of Delegates

When I came to the Southern Chamber of Delegates I never realized the impact I would later have on the region. As I stand here now as a presidential candidate, regardless of the result, it feels amazing to reflect on my accomplishments and things I learned from my experiences in that honorable Chamber. It was the honor of my career to receive the endorsements of Yankee, Saint, and fhtagn in that campaign.

I had the opportunity to work with legendary leaders and players in this game including former President, Southern Speaker, and Governor Tmthforu94. Tmth is a true friend and one of the first players I met in Atlasia he provided me with great advice and always held me accountable. I worked closely with Tmth in bringing bills to the floor and providing suggestions for legislation. I introduced over 10 bills in total during my time in the Southern Chamber. My prouduest moment was to instate universal pre-K education across the region.

I had the honor of being selected as that body's Deputy Speaker twice when I took control of the bill process and helped bring legislation to the floor. I led the Chamber as acting speaker after YT's resignation in May 2020 and kept the ship together for a few days. I did whatever it took to ensure that the Chamber was running smoothly including swiftly bringing bills to a vote and hearing all sides.

I held politicians accountable for inactivity during my second stint in the Chamber calling on PragPop to step down from the Deputy Speakership. In March 2020, I urged for the Deputy Speaker to be recalled because I believe that the people deserve the most active and best officeholders in the country. I was not without my faults either, but I learned to respect the confines of my office and be consistently active. I have not wavered since. I was never one to make excuses and never will as President.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #232 on: October 16, 2021, 07:51:09 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2021, 08:21:35 PM by Senator Spark »

Statement on the Supreme Court

This evening we have seen a total abdication of responsibility and unlawful vindication. This shows how much the Labor party has degraded this game. The Supreme Court of Atlasia fails to enforce the laws and drags out a trial for months. Even still, LT is innocent until proven guilty. Dragging out a case is not the definition of efficiency, nor is threatening legislators. I am calling on Chief Justice windjammer to resign from the Supreme Court immediately.

Even in light of this inaction, his conduct from the bench during this time has deviated from the expected norms of an honorable justice.

For the record,
I just had a civil discussion with Truman and everything is settled. We're just disagreeing on it.

I do appreciate his bluntness and the fact that he has said all these things to my face.

To all the laborites who have been calling for my impeachment on an another channel behind my back. Just to tell you that I know your names.

I will certainly not beg for mercy after 8 years of loyal service to this party. I have saved this party countless times from destruction, . And to all these worthless and ingrateful laborites who are seeking my demise, my vengeance will be terrible.

I will screw up your career.

I urge all of my Senate colleagues to take this impeachment charge seriously and establish an independent commission to look into this matter. We need to put country over party here and do what is right for Atlasia before our nation descends into further chaos.

Looking forward, if elected President, I will nominate a Chief Justice that is impartial and understands that their conduct sets an example for the rest of the nation. A chief justice who applies the law in a manner that is consistent and knows the responsibility for equal treatment under the law. We are a nation of laws, and do not live in anarchy. The law must be respected and enforced, and what the Chief Justice has been doing is an abomination and perversion of his duty to uphold the law of the Republic of Atlasia. While my detractors would say I'm a criminal, I've never used the confines of my office for maligned purposes.[/size]
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #233 on: October 17, 2021, 07:19:15 AM »
« Edited: October 17, 2021, 10:50:27 AM by Senator Spark »

October 2021 Races Poll

Please take the below entrance poll for our campaign to gain more clarity on the races throughout Atlasia:

Entrance Poll

Thank you.

Best,

Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #234 on: October 17, 2021, 10:15:49 AM »
« Edited: October 17, 2021, 10:41:40 AM by Senator Spark »

Statement on energy

Young, West Virginia

For far too long our coal miners and manufacturing workers have been left behind. I pledge to protect the livelihoods of these workers in our mining sector. At the same time, I do believe we need to combat climate change. The way the Labor party goes about it is totally wrong. We can take on climate change and pivot to a more sustainable future without raising taxes or regulations, and  jeopardizing the jobs of thousands of Atlasians. Transitional programs are not always fool proof, and you cannot simply teach a miner "how to code".

There needs to be a gradual generational shift for miners in transferring to other technical fields. Make no mistake about it, the Labor party is jeopardizing these workers and they will be victims of structural unemployment with no safeguards as the economy changes. Labor neglects the needs of these families to survive, but I will not. We must ensure that all miners have access to good paying jobs and transitional services that match with their skill-sets.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that there are 51.9 thousand workers in the mining industry, many of these jobs would be lost by a swift change in our energy policy. Instead of prompting a mass unemployment crisis in places across this country such as Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, and Kentucky, we need to supplement our existing technologies.

We have an abundant supply of natural gas and shale in our nation, we must use these sources. Understanding that these sources are non-renewable, we must supplement them with new sources of energy such as wind, solar, and electric. By 2050, non-renewable sources are expected to be exhausted. This is precisely the reason we must focus on aiding our current workers find suitable employment.

As President, you can trust that I will leave no Atlasian behind and protect their life's work.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #235 on: October 19, 2021, 04:55:41 PM »
« Edited: October 19, 2021, 06:17:45 PM by Senator Spark »

Townhall

Please ask me any questions.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #236 on: October 19, 2021, 07:13:34 PM »

Can human being and fish coexist peacefully?
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #237 on: October 19, 2021, 07:14:58 PM »

In addition, I’d also like to ask the Senator: Is our children learning?
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #238 on: October 19, 2021, 07:19:22 PM »

What's your plan to address rampant corruption and lawbreaking in the Federalist Party?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #239 on: October 19, 2021, 07:22:09 PM »

What is it like being a teacher as you have said on the forum that you are a teacher?
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #240 on: October 19, 2021, 07:53:57 PM »

What's your plan to address rampant corruption and lawbreaking in the Federalist Party?

The plan to address this in both parties is to establish the Ethics commission to look into this matter. Integrity in the government is something we need to curtail any wrongdoing for those in office.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #241 on: October 19, 2021, 07:54:17 PM »

What is it like being a teacher as you have said on the forum that you are a teacher?

It's a wonderfully challenging undertaking.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #242 on: October 21, 2021, 07:53:23 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2021, 08:06:42 PM by Senator Spark »

Closing speech

Presidential campaign HQ - Clearwater, Florida

Hi everyone, this weekend's elections are critical in determining our nation's future. As such, we all need to take this civic responsibility seriously as we decide who will be our country's next President. I believe I have the necessary qualifications and experience necessary to lead this country forward. We have seen Labor fail time and time again on the issue of activity and there seems to be no end in sight for it. If you elect Labor elect, it will beget the same problems we have been experiencing for countless years. I firmly believe that electing me and my runningmate will be the answer to Atlasia's issues because I am prepared to take bold, decisive steps in leading our country back to prosperity.

It is my ultimate hope that we all can come together to solve problems and forge progress toward a mutual goal regardless of who prevails in this presidential race. As you know, I have been a fighter my entire career and have never wavered from my principles. This race is about change and the status quo, and many Atlasians want to see the change happen. I will bring that to a national scale. If you are tired of the same old solutions from both parties, or just want a change of perspective in Nyman, then I am your candidate. You may be personally opposed to me, but please take a moment to review my platform and ask yourself what my policies will do for Atlasia.

Implementing a 25% tax reduction will help spur growth in our economy and relieve the tax burden on our citizens, having sound foreign policy by de-escalating with our adversaries and forging better friendships with our allies is not a radical idea. My opponent, Scott, will fundamentally alter this country's trajectory for generations. His radical economic and social policies will bankrupt this nation and seek to divide us. Scott touts his experience but it's bad experience. He has never advocated for the little guy nor kept the interests of others into account. All he cares about is advancing the Labor party's agenda. If that is a future you want to be a part of that is your choice. Scott is a politician who is a member of the establishment, he simply does not have time for or care about your concerns if you are disaffected in Atlasia. Scott also doesn't think we need more presidential councils, because having dissent is frowned upon by Labor. I pledge to you all that you will have a seat in my administration, so I urge all disaffected moderates, independents to vote for my candidacy.

We have a clear choice in this election, continue down this road of stagnation or deliver the opposition a mandate for both the presidency and Congress to redirect our citizens on a path where they can be successful. If we don't take steps to revive this game now it will be far too late next year.

My career in the Senate, House, and Chamber of Delegates represents a commitment to you. The common good is far too important to squander and not a responsibility to take lightly. I promise you that I will get to work on day 1 as President and never betray your trust. I will hold a weekly address and be transparent about each action I undertake.

You should know that there is never anything out of reach for Atlasia, we just need a commitment to moderation to reduce divisiveness, sensible and pragmatic solutions, and sweeping reforms to bring our nation back on track.

I hope to have your support this weekend and would be honored to have your vote. Please take the time to review each candidate's policy proposals and platforms to determine the candidate who will best lead Atlasia forward.

As this long, decisive campaign comes to a close, it has been my pleasure to get to know all voters and the citizens of this great land. We are a nation of dreamers, believers, and strivers, I know there is nothing too out of reach for us if we do it together.

Best,

Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #243 on: October 24, 2021, 02:18:38 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2021, 02:26:31 PM by Senator Spark »

Concession Speech

Hello my fellow Atlasians, this election result was not what we would have hoped, but I am proud of the valiant fight we put up in this race. We all knew it would be difficult to overcome a large lead from the start, especially after we did not prevail in the Federalist primary. I will not drag this out any further than it needs to be but I am formally congratulating the winner of this presidential election, Scott. Scott had formerly been one of my staunchest adversaries and we had some animosity previously as well. But I could not hold any greater respect for the President-elect, and I am confident that the people will trust him to lead over these next few months. While we disagree on matters of policy and how to accomplish prosperity for Atlasia, we have the same goal in that we want Atlasia to move forward to a better future. I laid out all my cards on the table and did not triumph this time.

I would like to thank all of my closest confidants from this campaign especially my runningmate CentristRepublican. It takes a lot of bravery to join a presidential ticket especially as a newcomer to Atlasian politics. To the Atlasian people, I am grateful to be remaining in the Senate to continue our important work to confront the challenges of our time. I will continue being steadfast in this fight and not waver in the face of adversity. With this campaign and election season behind us, we can all move forward renewed in spirit. I pray for the state of the game that it will improve over the coming months and that the voters are satisfied with the choice that they made.

For now, I will get back to work in the Senate. Remember, this is not the last time I will be on this campaign trial.

Thank you all.

Spark
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies