Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:19:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
Poll
Question: Which party is best suited to handle the economy?
Labor Party
Federalist Party
Democratic Alliance
Other
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need!  (Read 9063 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: October 09, 2021, 12:22:00 PM »

In times past, Atlasia did have a Domestic Policy Council, a Space Council, A secretary of internal affairs, mulitple deputy GMs, and a national archivist. Occasionally the duties now done by Peebs were shared between two people as well.

While in modern times finding the personnel to do all this is difficult, I don't think there's anything wrong with appointing people to these positions who have agreed to take them on, and seeing how it goes.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

« Reply #176 on: October 09, 2021, 08:19:19 PM »

In times past, Atlasia did have a Domestic Policy Council, a Space Council, A secretary of internal affairs, mulitple deputy GMs, and a national archivist. Occasionally the duties now done by Peebs were shared between two people as well.

While in modern times finding the personnel to do all this is difficult, I don't think there's anything wrong with appointing people to these positions who have agreed to take them on, and seeing how it goes.

Indeed. I believe these will solve Atlasia's activity problems because it will spur engagement by posing collective solutions to our problems.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #177 on: October 09, 2021, 08:33:52 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2021, 06:09:36 PM by Senator Spark »

Statement on Lumine's nomination as GM

Nyman, D.C.

I believe that Lumine is immensely qualified for the role of Game Moderator and I am interested to learn more about the nominee's ideas.

This is a pick that I agree with from the President. Lumine is clearly qualified, I am in favor of this GM team idea so far. How frequent would these meetings be?

I am interested in knowing your stance on NPC elections, foreign affairs events, and how we can reduce our growing prison population. As the Senator from Fremont knows, I disagree with him on his governing approach because it won't work to go it alone. I am also curious to know more about having a deputy GM.

Follow my questioning on the thread here.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #178 on: October 10, 2021, 04:35:55 PM »

Response to Scott's statement
On Protecting the Right to Bear Arms

Hello, Anchorage!

Well folks, today is the day I can officially say I've made campaign stops in all six subregions of Atlasia! And I will also say that I do hope there are more to come. The polls have us up big, sometimes having us 30+ points ahead of our main opponents, Senators Spark and Joseph Cao. Regardless of what these polls might say, I'm running like I'm 30 points behind. The people deserve to be listened to, and the people deserve to hear from their candidates.

But for all the ridiculous jabs at Labor for inactivity, and the unfounded presumption that I will continue the status quo, I continue to run as my own candidate, with my own convictions. I understand that some of these are not popular within my party. But the ideas we've seen so far from Senator Spark, I believe, will not actually solve the malaise that plagues our country. And Senator Cao has been almost completely absent from the campaign trail.

With respect to both these gentlemen, I do not believe they are the answer to solving our country's inactivity problem. Spark, in particular, is proposing massive new committees and cabinet positions that are simply untenable. They will not be filled, and those who are appointed will inevitably go inactive or resign due to lack of interest. I repeat: it is the Senate's job to solve the issues facing us today, from climate change to space-age development.

But now, on to the issue at hand.

As I indicated at our last debate, I do support full repeal of the "assault weapons" ban. I also believe in keeping the guns out of the hands of violent domestic offenders and terrorists. And while I do not believe that people on the no-fly list should be legally allowed to own a firearm, I also believe that due process must be respected and that the no-fly list must be reevaluated. Citizens have the right to know if they are suspected terrorists, and they are entitled to challenge their placement on that list, which often includes people no sane person would ever consider a terrorist, such as the late RL Senator Ted Kennedy.

That being said, the semiautomatic rifles that some want to ban are the same ones that hunters, such as those here in Alaska, use to hunt feral pigs, goats, antelope jackrabbits, elk, very dangerous coyotes, deer, and spotted seal. This was explained to be by one Alaska resident - 41-year-old Robin Jackson - who is nominally an outspoken Federalist supporter and gun rights activist who is also backing my campaign.

Let me be very clear: I support full repeal of the assault weapons ban, but I also support similar legislation such as that which the President vetoed. I am willing to work with Congress on this issue, to protect hunters' rights as well as the rights of law-abiding citizens.

My position on this issue has never changed. Senator Spark has called me "irresponsible" for wanting to defend our Constitutional rights, but he also is simply not someone interested in dissenting views. And I can also state here, unequivocally, that he is uniquely unqualified to be our next Commander-in-Chief.

If you want a full-time president, support our campaign. Even if you don't agree with my positions on gun control - and reasonable people do - I implore you to support this campaign, for a more active Atlasia that builds on the progress we've made in this "New Great Society" era that Labor so proudly supports and will continue to defend.

Dave bless you, Alaska, and thank you for having me today!

1. https://www.wanderlust.co.uk/content/first-24-hours-in-anchorage-alaska/

Scott continues to suggest that new committees and cabinet posts will not solve Atlasia's inactivity problems because Labor cannot stand to see new solutions come from these meetings. He could not be more mistaken here. I can assure you that these meetings will bring forth worthwhile ideas and discussions to move Atlasia forward. Labor wants to keep our country rooted in the current line of thinking which is to their benefit.

Labor has no time for diversity of thought or opinion, but rather their own agenda. Scott will do whatever Labor tells him to do, which makes his candidacy an affront to Atlasia. Our next President needs to be an independent thinker, willing to think outside the mainstream. If there's anything we have seen over the years, it is that Labor is anything but that.

As commander-in-chief, I will be able to handle and stand up to attacks from my opponents unlike Scott, and bring bold, dynamic, leadership back to the White House. I also will promise to you that I will be innovative and bring consensus to the table before making any decisions. There is no room for unilateralism especially in the world in which we live.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #179 on: October 10, 2021, 04:38:04 PM »

Labor has no time for diversity of thought or opinion, but rather their own agenda. Scott will do whatever Labor tells him to do, which makes his candidacy an affront to Atlasia. Our next President needs to be an independent thinker, willing to think outside the mainstream. If there's anything we have seen over the years, it is that Labor is anything but that.
Labor isn't against an assault weapons ban but Scott supports that. looks like your dumb talking point is ruined.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #180 on: October 10, 2021, 04:40:03 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2021, 06:10:01 PM by Senator Spark »

Statement on Federalist Party Convention

Atlanta, Georgia

Soon, I will be speaking on the floor of the Federalist Party Convention this upcoming week. I want all Federalists to know I am committed to being our party's standard bearer.

With all due respect, Joseph Cao has been inactive on the campaign trail and even told me previously that his commitment to this election cycle would be contingent upon his RL commitments. It simply isn't worth the risk of nominating a candidate who will be sidelined due to other priorities. Cao would not be an active President. As a result, I urge all Federalists to back my candidacy. To those who are concerned about my past or anything else, I can assure you that I have changed considerably over the years and have conducted myself in office with integrity.

My fellow Federalists, you can view my campaign platform and ideas for furthering our country's prosperity here at my office.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. I plan on holding one more townhall before the convention this week. This townhall will be held tomorrow at 7 PM ET.

Thank you.

Spark

Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #181 on: October 10, 2021, 04:40:46 PM »

Labor isn't against an assault weapons ban but Scott supports that. looks like your dumb talking point is ruined.

That isn't being an independent thinker, but one of expediency.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #182 on: October 10, 2021, 04:45:01 PM »

yes, because holding a position for an entire career is "expedient".

this is ironic from someone who changed their position on the awb after their only endorser changed their position on the AWB after their only endorser withdrew their endorsement

Has anyone actually endorsed Spark? Perseverance is a wonderful quality but sometimes it's too much.

I did, lol. But I am rescinding my endorsement now. I forgot about Spark's stance on guns and I would rather not vote for a candidate who is for the AWB. I know that Scott is pro-gun but I would rather not vote for a candidate who is pro-UBI either.

I am now voting in favor of the repeal of a few sections of the AWB.

Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #183 on: October 10, 2021, 04:46:24 PM »

this is ironic from someone who changed their position on the awb after their only endorser changed their position on the AWB after their only endorser withdrew their endorsement

Has anyone actually endorsed Spark? Perseverance is a wonderful quality but sometimes it's too much.

I did, lol. But I am rescinding my endorsement now. I forgot about Spark's stance on guns and I would rather not vote for a candidate who is for the AWB. I know that Scott is pro-gun but I would rather not vote for a candidate who is pro-UBI either.

You should run a serious campaign. I did not change my position due to that. I have plenty of support from others as well. It makes more sense to me that we need to respect the protections of the 2nd Amendment for law-abiding gun owners.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #184 on: October 10, 2021, 04:47:52 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2021, 04:51:03 PM by Ishan »

You should run a serious campaign.
ironic from someone who is running the least serious campaign out of every candidate.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #185 on: October 10, 2021, 04:49:45 PM »

I've never changed my opinion on this issue. I voted against the original AWB, long before I seriously considered running for president. If you're going to run in this or any election, at least don't resort to lying. Your moral qualifications for the job have already been called into question.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #186 on: October 10, 2021, 04:54:33 PM »

I've never changed my opinion on this issue. I voted against the original AWB, long before I seriously considered running for president. If you're going to run in this or any election, at least don't resort to lying. Your moral qualifications for the job have already been called into question.

The bottom line is that you will not challenge Labor's priorities in office and continue to do their bidding. That needs to come to an end in this country.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #187 on: October 10, 2021, 04:57:44 PM »

Any comments on 57.1% of the poll saying that the Labor Party is the party that will fix Atlasia's activity problem?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #188 on: October 10, 2021, 05:00:13 PM »

The bottom line is that you will not challenge Labor's priorities in office and continue to do their bidding. That needs to come to an end in this country.

Thanks for the repetitive one-liner, Senator Rubio.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #189 on: October 10, 2021, 05:30:24 PM »

Any comments on 57.1% of the poll saying that the Labor Party is the party that will fix Atlasia's activity problem?

Biased. If you look at the composition of that poll it will tell you that. If you look at the other public poll, it has me tied with Scott.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #190 on: October 10, 2021, 05:37:17 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2021, 05:57:30 PM by Senator Spark »

A warning to all Atlasians

Salt Lake City, Utah

Tonight I come to speak to all Atlasians regarding the next election. This election will be the most important of our lifetimes. I am not only speaking about the presidential race, but those downballot. The reason you need to vote for the opposition in this race is clear: if Labor wins the presidency again, my suspicion is that the game will no longer exist by the following election in February. Labor will run this game into the ground like they have been doing already. I guarantee you if you vote Labor again, nothing will change.

Electing us will bring a fresh perspective into the White House and to change this culture of Labor exclusivity. I pledge to work with all sides of the spectrum to bring equitable and pragmatic solutions to Nyman. I will give you my best day in and day out and never waver. We cannot afford to elect another Laborite to be President. The fact is you will get more of the same. The reason this game's activity has been extinguished is due to the Labor party.

The choice has never been clearer, vote Spark/CentristRepublican to restore activity to the nation, vibrancy to the nation, and uphold our ideals and principles. We cannot afford to waste another few months or years with these bouts of inactivity in Atlasia, charades, or things that do not matter. I will get to work on the first day to make sure our citizens will prosper. There is no higher priority than that.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #191 on: October 10, 2021, 06:11:15 PM »
« Edited: October 14, 2021, 09:16:01 PM by Senator Spark »

Campaign Events/Schedule

With nearly two more weeks to go in this campaign season, I thought I'd provide you with updates regarding the remaining schedule.

10/11 - Townhall 7 PM ET in Phoenix, Arizona
10/12 - Statement on Tenure in Lincoln Assembly in Trenton, New Jersey
10/14 - Statement at Federalist National Convention
10/15 - Statement on Tenure in Southern CoD in Topeka, Kansas
10/17 - Energy in Young, West Virginia| Statement on Tenure in the House of Representatives in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
10/16 - Statement on Tenure in the Senate Part 1 in Clearwater, Florida
10/17 - Statement on Tenure in the Senate Part 2 in Miami, Florida | Townhall 7 PM ET.
10/18-10/22 - TBD
10/20 - Final debate

Below is a map of the states in which I've made campaign stops:

Visited States Map
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #192 on: October 10, 2021, 06:17:35 PM »

Campaign Events/Schedule

With nearly two more weeks to go in this campaign season, I thought I'd provide you with updates regarding the remaining schedule.

Visited States Map

Is your visit to Virginia the closest you will be to touching it?
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #193 on: October 10, 2021, 06:40:10 PM »

Campaign Events/Schedule

Visited States Map

You ought to be ashamed of yourself Senator. This campaign is above those type of tactics.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #194 on: October 10, 2021, 07:04:20 PM »

Campaign Events/Schedule

Visited States Map

You ought to be ashamed of yourself Senator. This campaign is above those type of tactics.

I'm really not sure how pointing out one candidate's sex-pestery should make me feel ashamed, but alright then.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #195 on: October 10, 2021, 07:17:46 PM »

Campaign Events/Schedule

Visited States Map

I'm really not sure how pointing out one candidate's sex-pestery should make me feel ashamed, but alright then.

I do not participate in that type of conduct and never have while in office.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #196 on: October 10, 2021, 07:18:05 PM »

Campaign Events/Schedule

Visited States Map

Oh? And you aren’t ashamed about your past misconduct?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #197 on: October 10, 2021, 07:22:48 PM »

Campaign Events/Schedule

Visited States Map

I do not participate in that type of conduct and never have while in office.

Oh, so you had nothing to do with this:

Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #198 on: October 10, 2021, 07:24:23 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2021, 08:39:19 PM by Senator Spark »

On Ethics and Consistency

How are doing tonight, Seattle?!

Yes!!! Yes, I feel the energy right now! And I know that great cities like Seattle are what will bring us to victory in two weeks!

Folks, we've heard a lot of empty platitudes from the opposition lately. We have also heard desperate lies and deceit against what I intend to bring to the Atlasian people. The Federalist's leading candidate in this race has run a 'minimalist' campaign. And that same Federalist's opponent has offered us nothing but lies and vague platitudes that will neither unify our country, nor spur activity.

Since Senator Spark persists in keeping these promises, I will tell you all this, and I will tell you all unequivocally, that more cabinets and committees do not promote activity on their own. Once again, I tried this approach twice in my political career, once as Northeast Governor and once as Frémont First Minister. Both times, they failed. These made-up cabinet positions went inactive. They were seldom called upon. And we simply could not find people who were willing to be consistent in those jobs.

Once again, one of my opponents promises you tried, and failed, approaches to governance. My other main opponent has simply not been present on the campaign trail. And while I respect that real-life priorities must take precedence over those here in Atlasia, I also believe that full-time leadership is more needed than ever to fix the culture of malaise in our country and restore confidence in our federal government.

Simply neither Senators Spark nor Cao have the experience that I do in this race, and it is that experience which have taught me that endless cabinet positions, which far outweigh the level of present interest, do not work to increase activity. Neither do unpaid-for spending schemes on investing in green technology, the likes of which Senator Spark has introduced repeatedly.

To my friends who are considering either of my opponents in this election, I regret to tell you that neither appear to have the time or the grit to be your president full-time.

Senator Spark continues to insist that I will be nothing but a lackey for Labor, when even fellow Laborites - including Senator Pericles and FM/AG Truman can tell you - that this is simply not the case, as someone who has repeatedly spoke against my own party.

Contrary to what Slandering Spark might tell you, I am an independent thinker. I don't try to get my way by verbally harassing women or lying about our records, I try to reach my goals by consensus. I am a champion of the issues I fight for as well as an active diplomat between party relations on areas where I believe Nyman can get something done for the Atlasian people.

I'll protect our environment, and most importantly, I will ensure that other countries adhere to our climate agreements. Because if you ask me, folks, Atlasia has been doing a pretty damn good job meeting its own climate obligations. The same cannot be said for many countries in the Pacific.

So what we're going to do is ensure international cooperation. We're going to help developing countries on their journeys to success and modernization in an environmentally responsible way. We will be a persistent counterweight to Chinese influence, which has been a disaster for national safety as well as the safety of our allies.

But most importantly, I will always be upfront to the Atlasian people about where I stand. I am not afraid to take the political heat when I express an opinion that is unpopular, either in my party or the country at-large. Because the fact of the matter is that politics as usual has not helped us. The fact of the matter is that the Southern senator's conduct is disqualifying for someone who wants to be our new head-of-state. The fact of the matter, is that I can promise you both activity and good, comprehensive policy to lead our nation forward.

Mark my words, folks: I will be there for you. I will be a leader for our citizens and I will make us a leader on the global stage once again. We are done taking China's threats for granted. We are done with the endless wars. We are done with having our workers be treated as mere pawns for multinational corporations.

Now is the time to turn the page for a new era of leadership! Despite the empty one-liners coming from Senator Spark, you all know that I will always strive to be your leader.

I promise you, my friends, Atlasia is coming back. We will continue to be the most generous nation on earth towards the most vulnerable. We will continue to be the foremost world leader on a global stage.

And we are going to accomplish these things the right way!

Thank you, Seattle!!!

My response to this is simple. How can Labor pride themselves on ethics when they make countless corrupt appointments and fail to solve the inactivity crisis? As if counting on other Laborites' words could be trusted at all. If anything should disqualify Scott it should be that his party has been a failure on activity. The problem is the party in power and it will be solved by me defeating this incompetence.

As it pertains to China, I can tell you that a President Scott will be a disaster for Atlasia's policy in East Asia. Our trade deals will favor the Chinese one way or another, Taiwan will be lost to Communism. This isn't "new" leadership, it's the tired, old solutions Labor has kept giving to our country.

Our allies will wonder why Labor keeps getting elected when they keep collapsing our economy on the world stage. The cost of living will continue rising and inflation will run rampant. There will be no Atlasian state if Labor keeps power. Scott is no savior for our workers; he is an economic globalist plain and simple, and is not committed to stopping the bleeding of our manufacturing sector. I will fight for a new trade deal with Japan to enact fair trade for exporting Atlasian cars overseas.

Let's keep this campaign away from personal attacks and onto our records. I will be touting my record this week when I travel across this country to speak to you all about my accomplishments and how we can move Atlasia forward.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #199 on: October 10, 2021, 07:35:08 PM »

No response to the initial criticism and evidence + insistence on using old failed activity strategies that never worked + baseless assumptions that my trade deals will favor China, and a commonly used antisemitic slur to top it off.

I'm not making any more posts in this thread. You just keep doing what you're doing.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies