Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:32:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
Poll
Question: Which party is best suited to handle the economy?
Labor Party
Federalist Party
Democratic Alliance
Other
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Spark/CentristRepublican: Running an independent ticket - the CHANGE we need!  (Read 9159 times)
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: September 26, 2021, 09:06:32 AM »

Endorsed
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #126 on: September 26, 2021, 09:11:14 AM »

Honestly this campaign isn't going to work and won't work regardless of the amount of effort you put into it going forward. It is best for the Federalist Party and Atlasia itself to avoid a Scott presidency and finally break Labor rule with a candidacy that can command more support and make better judgements than this. It's time for you to drop out.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #127 on: September 26, 2021, 09:23:43 AM »

Thanks
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #128 on: September 26, 2021, 09:29:55 AM »

Honestly this campaign isn't going to work and won't work regardless of the amount of effort you put into it going forward. It is best for the Federalist Party and Atlasia itself to avoid a Scott presidency and finally break Labor rule with a candidacy that can command more support and make better judgements than this. It's time for you to drop out.

You and I both know that I am a fighter. Many voters want to see a change in Atlasia and I am the candidate best positioned to bring that. This has been the longest running presidential campaign in history and have no plans to abandon it. I plan to go the distance by winning back the presidency.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #129 on: September 26, 2021, 11:30:36 AM »
« Edited: September 26, 2021, 11:42:30 AM by Senator Spark »

Statement on Survey Results

Jacksonville, Florida

Hello everyone, it is great to be here with you today. Today, I shared polling results that indicate the state of this race. While the results may not be entirely accurate, no poll is perfect. I also opened another public poll that will run for the next 24 hours.

Change in Atlasia
I find answers to the last question particularly striking. 85% of Atlasians according to that poll want to see a change in Atlasia. Do we think that my opponent and the Labor party represent the party of change? There is more to be desired than the state of the game right now. I can say that during my tenure in the Senate, I've been a consistent reformer and did not hesitate to implement bills as I saw fit for the best interest of the nation.

Media Attention
I've been defending from attacks from all sides because I continue to believe in the mission of this land. My willingness to answer questions and take these attacks head on is a testament to my ability to serve as the next President. Despite me not intending to attack him in my statement yesterday, my opponent can't handle being attacked. Do we need a President who is too reactive? Throughout my career, I've prevailed and at times I've faltered, but at least I gave it my best in every single race. This one is no different. The presidency is a true office of honor and I understand that I need to be the best that I can if elected. I am prepared to do that and hit the ground running with a full cabinet. My opponent lacks a cabinet and a full platform. In addition, the current President did not come into office ready to lead, I am.

Reform and Fighting for you
I am prepared to take Labor on regarding the issue of abortion and so many others. So to our critics and those who tell us to give up, what are you fighting for? I can say I am proud to be fighting for our ideals even if we are not favored. I've always been the underdog and accept that label. Guess what? Atlasia is the underdog right now. It needs major reforms.

Let's move forward toward victory together not just for this campaign but for Atlasia. Who's with me?

Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #130 on: September 26, 2021, 02:21:29 PM »

Statement on the Crises in the Union

This quote exemplifies everything that is wrong in Atlasia:

26 September 2021

This morning, the lawless thug calling himself "governor" of the South, Lazy Louis, issued an order directing the Southern national guards to harass and arrest the travel of our senator from Frémont through the Southern states.

This illegal and unconstitutional order is the product of an insidious Southern plot to undermine the foundations of liberty in Frémont, and to deny us the exercise of our rights and privileges guaranteed to us by the constitution.

The freedom of movement is essential to the life and legitimacy of the federal Union. It is the inescapable conclusion of the equality of the regions, and the equality of their several citizens before the federal power. The authors of the Union well recognized this; their children caused it to be enshrined in the Fourteenth Amendment.

"No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law."

The order by the imperial grand wizard of the South repudiates this basic principle. It endangers the freedoms enjoyed by all Frémonters, the constitution, and the federal Union.

This is the hostile action of an imperialist power against the free people of the West. The use of the Southern national guards to enforce this travesty of justice, underlines its military and aggressive character.

We must assume, in light of these events, that the Southern authority does not intend to honor the rights and privileges of Frémonters as equal partners to the Union. A fox never stops at one dead chicken. We cannot ignore the possibility, encouraged by the deployment of the Southern national guards, that this order will be followed by further aggressive acts.

For these reasons, I am directing the Frémont National Guard to redouble its defensive positions along our eastern border. And I am ordering them to arrest Lazy Louis, or any officer of the Southern authority, who should attempt to cross into Frémont while the proscription against Senator Scott remains in effect. Any incursion into Frémont by Southern forces, will be treated as a hostile act; upon which, we will avail ourself to every remedy allowed to us by the laws and the constitution.

In the coming weeks, parliament will consider further measures to guarantee the rights of our people and their equality and independence within the Union. While the East may languish in tyranny and chaos —the tyranny of the majority, or the tyranny of one —we remain resolute in our commitment to the basic principles of the constitution, to which we will adhere, in all extremities, even to the last man.

Gloria Frémontis!

Harry S Truman, first minister
It is indescribable how haphazard and dangerous these exchanges are. My first and foremost priority in office will be to keep this country together. But for now, we must defuse these tensions by understand what is at stake for Atlasia. The answer should not be retaliation but an attempt to de-escalate the situation. I will be personally intervening in this situation to assuage any fears that Atlasians have about a civil conflict. With the unfolding secession crisis in Lincoln, we simply cannot afford to be engaging in this type of rhetoric. I condemn both sides in Fremont and the South for these incendiary comments and urge both officeholders to stop this saber rattling.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #131 on: September 26, 2021, 02:29:00 PM »

You're still not gonna be the nominee though.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #132 on: September 26, 2021, 02:33:12 PM »

Focus on getting things together in Fremont.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #133 on: September 26, 2021, 02:45:45 PM »

Fremont is at its end of history while you are filled with lust thinking about random women on Atlas who you have never met before.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #134 on: September 26, 2021, 05:18:47 PM »

Secession Crisis Part 2

I am calling on President SevenEleven to convene an emergency council of all the regional executives and encouraging every regional legislature to pass resolutions condemning secession. We need to take swift action to protect our country and keep it together. If I am elected President next month, my DPC and I are prepared to hit the ground running in addressing this crisis by calling on everyone to stand down.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #135 on: September 27, 2021, 11:22:25 PM »

Okay here is the situation.

For the opponents of Spark:
From a game perspective, personal misconduct and inappropriate behavior is certainly fair grounds for a candidate to be challenged on in an election.

However, we must operate within the forum's rules as well and this can stray into the grounds of personal attack especially depending on how the posts are written.

As to the situation from Spark's perspective:
On the other boards, if say a poster makes a statement about a RL person or thing (like say Covid), the information for which can be verified, then it is practical to moderate false statements on the grounds of them being false.

However, in game it is not possible to verify the veracity of things in game as easily it can be in terms of real life situations. This has come up with regards to actions/statements etc about events on discord and offsite mediums, where policing accuracy and truth becomes far to impractical for a moderator to enforce. If it was like someone lying about the Game moderator or Presidential announcements that are public on the forum sure, but if someone is lying about something being said on Discord or in a PM, it gets dicey to enforce "falsity" on its own (unless the post in question falls under something else also) because I cannot objectively verify it and it isn't appropriate for me to make a subjective call.  

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #136 on: September 29, 2021, 04:02:16 PM »

Okay here is the situation.

For the opponents of Spark:
From a game perspective, personal misconduct and inappropriate behavior is certainly fair grounds for a candidate to be challenged on in an election.

However, we must operate within the forum's rules as well and this can stray into the grounds of personal attack especially depending on how the posts are written.

As to the situation from Spark's perspective:
On the other boards, if say a poster makes a statement about a RL person or thing (like say Covid), the information for which can be verified, then it is practical to moderate false statements on the grounds of them being false.

However, in game it is not possible to verify the veracity of things in game as easily it can be in terms of real life situations. This has come up with regards to actions/statements etc about events on discord and offsite mediums, where policing accuracy and truth becomes far to impractical for a moderator to enforce. If it was like someone lying about the Game moderator or Presidential announcements that are public on the forum sure, but if someone is lying about something being said on Discord or in a PM, it gets dicey to enforce "falsity" on its own (unless the post in question falls under something else also) because I cannot objectively verify it and it isn't appropriate for me to make a subjective call.  

Certainly my opponents making false statements affects me and my reputation. There is no such evidence that I have done those things. I don't appreciate these baseless accusations and constant rancor. I am running a campaign for the people. If my opponents have an issue they can simply vote for the other candidate. There is no need to keep repeating the same thing.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #137 on: September 29, 2021, 07:34:16 PM »

Statement on False Accusations

Tampa, Florida

My fellow Atlasians, today I come before you to dispel any notion of wrongdoing that has been attributed to me. I have committed no offenses in office, I have the vision, stamina, and wherewithal it take to lead. There have been many other qualified candidates who made mistakes and went on to be successful. I am one of them. And I will be your next President. I am ready for the job and remain up to the task.

While my opponents continue to cast aspersions upon me and my campaign for you, I remain firm and prepared to undertake this mission to redirect Atlasia's course for the future. There is no evidence that I committed any of the things they have described. As a result, I will be pursuing legal action in Atlasia for libel.

My opponents know I am fighting for what is right, and they cannot stand to see a Federalist elected to office. I am committed to working with members of all parties to move this country forward, and no one should be concerned about that. My position is clear, I am the moderate in this race. My record speaks for itself, and I've been a consistent and ardent advocate for Atlasia during my entire career. Why should I waver now as I seek the nation's highest office? People may not be happy with me as a candidate, but that should not detract from this campaign and force me to do a disservice to the people by quitting this race.

If we be steadfast together, there is nothing we cannot achieve to bring hope where it is needed most. There is much to accomplish, and hurling personal attacks at each other won't solve Atlasia's problems. Only action can aid us in our endeavors to create better lives for so many of our citizens. Atlasians want and deserve change, and I am the candidate best positioned to provide change.

Let's move forward together, to a more prosperous, tolerant, and less partisan land.

Dave Bless Atlasia!

Best,

Spark
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #138 on: September 29, 2021, 08:39:43 PM »

lol
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #139 on: September 30, 2021, 06:59:36 AM »

You are dead.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #140 on: September 30, 2021, 09:39:23 AM »

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #141 on: September 30, 2021, 09:17:54 PM »

Participation in the 2nd presidential debate + Townhalls

While my opponents continue to neglect taking my campaign seriously and barrage me with personal attacks, I am busy working for you and solidifying my priorities if I am elected President in a few weeks. It is my highest priority to provide you with transparency regarding my views of the issues and vision for this country. Atlasia is a promising land with so much potential. We cannot afford to be led down the same path for the next few months. In addition to my participate in the debate on October 6 , I also plan to hold townhalls once weekly before the election begins on October 22. I will have a live session on Discord and here at my campaign office.

Be sure to tune into these events to stay current on the campaign.

With each passing day, I know that Atlasia's great future will be restored and maintained under a Spark administration. Let's make that happen together. The sky is the limit for our accomplishments.

Best,

Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #142 on: October 02, 2021, 07:16:40 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2021, 07:19:51 PM by Senator Spark »

Update, Status of Race

Hello all, while I regard Joseph Cao as a wonderful colleague and friend, I plan to remain in this fight for the Federalist nomination, since I believe my presence is urgently needed in Nyman. I will not waver in this commitment to the ideals of Atlasia. I hope to continue being an advocate for you and prevail in this race.

I believe in Atlasia.

Best,

Spark
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #143 on: October 03, 2021, 11:17:34 AM »
« Edited: October 03, 2021, 11:40:19 AM by Senator Spark »

A message to all voters

I believe that this weekend's voting is a testament to the commitment everyone has to Atlasia. It is in the best interest for Atlasia to remain together. I urge all voters to vote "No" on both referendums. It is imperative that we keep our country together through these perilous times.

As for my presidential candidacy, I encourage all Federalists to support my candidacy because I have the experience, resilience, and conviction necessary to lead this nation past these nightmares. In addition, I have a full platform and cabinet established (sans the Vice Presidency) to hit the ground running on the first day in office. I do hope that a VP is selected at the Federalist convention. My opponents cannot say that they have a cabinet. I am prepared to lead and my record speaks for itself. The difference between my candidacy and my opponents' is my willingness to take bold, decisive action.

Take a chance to review my Platform.

For those in doubt about my candidacy, I am the safe and pragmatic choice. I am no radical. Those who support me should know what they are getting with a Spark presidency. I want to be clear on that. A Scott presidency would put Atlasia on a collision course with a nationwide collapse. His progressive and social agenda is dangerous, would set us astray, and bankrupt this nation. I am the conservative choice on abortion, being 100% pro-life.

In contrast, I will put Atlasia on a path toward a balanced budget by contracting out infrastructure services, and balancing out our bottom line. Also, I will ensure the quality of life for each Atlasian is at the highest level by doubling the child tax credit. Scott would force the regions to carry the burden for unfunded mandates, while the changes I'd impose would be 100% funded.

I promised to have no personal attacks in this campaign and that is something I have held to throughout. I will fulfill all of my promises to the Atlasian people by the end of my first term in office.

I look forward to a seasoned debate with Senator Joseph Cao for the Federalist nomination. I believe that either of us would be a great choice to defeat Scott. I still believe I am the more dynamic and bold choice as well as the choice free from special interests. Competition is good for Atlasia. That is what I plan to bring. I will represent you in Nyman to fix a broken system and help our country rebound.

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #144 on: October 03, 2021, 07:17:08 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2021, 07:35:52 PM by Senator Spark »

Statement on LT

Macon, Georgia

What are your thoughts on LT and his actions?

Forgiveness is a two-way street: if LT fully acknowledges and apologizes for what he did it also falls to the people he's wronged to accept the apology. Unfortunately neither side seems inclined to do what they need to do.

Hello everyone, the most recent statement by Joseph Cao warrants a comment from my campaign. Despite my respect for him, it is clear that Mr. Cao is ambivalent about the Southern Governor. LT's actions were inexcusable and abhorrent. These scorched earth campaign tactics will not be used this time around. I can assure you that type of candidacy will not be run again if I am the nominee. We need to put ourselves on a path toward conciliation and peace. Not rhetoric and rancor.

Regardless of the fact that "DA leadership" opposes my candidacy, I am open to having a member of the DA as my Vice President. It is clear that we cannot ignore the Democratic Alliance. They are an important governing partner and key bloc. I will work with those across the aisle to come to solutions that work for all Atlasians while not surrendering my principles. Rest assured, that your interests will be represented in a Spark presidency. My presidency will be for all Atlasians - Feds, disaffected Laborities, DAers, independents.

I believe this nation works best when we come together to find pragmatic solutions, and not make excuses for our actions. Look at my own past, I've accepted accountability for what I've done and never made excuses for it. Yes, we can leave the past behind, but let us not act like it never existed. I deem myself an independent thinker, which is what we need in the White House right now. The last thing we need is someone dictating things to our President, or a President who lacks the vision to chart a better course for this country.

What I want you to know is that I won't back down to anyone in fighting for Atlasia. Not the Feds, not DA, and certainly not Labor. I am committed to this mission and I will win for YOU.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #145 on: October 03, 2021, 07:21:54 PM »

Statement on LT

Hello everyone, the most recent statement by Joseph Cao warrants a comment from my campaign. Despite my respect for him, it is clear that Mr. Cao is ambivalent about the Southern Governor. LT's actions were inexcusable and abhorrent. These scorched earth campaign tactics will not be used this time around. I can assure you that type of candidacy will not be run again if I am the nominee. We need to put ourselves on a path toward conciliation and peace. Not rhetoric and rancor.

Regardless of the fact that "DA leadership" opposes my candidacy, I am open to having a member of the DA as my Vice President. I will work with those across the aisle to come to solutions that work for all Atlasians while not surrendering my principles. Rest assured, that your interests will be represented in a Spark presidency.

This seems to imply that Cao might use scorched earth tactics as the nominee which I think would never happen.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #146 on: October 03, 2021, 07:30:48 PM »

Statement on LT

Regardless of the fact that "DA leadership" opposes my candidacy, I am open to having a member of the DA as my Vice President. I will work with those across the aisle to come to solutions that work for all Atlasians while not surrendering my principles. Rest assured, that your interests will be represented in a Spark presidency.

This seems to imply that Cao might use scorched earth tactics as the nominee which I think would never happen.

I would not rule it out. We cannot afford to tear down the country with these personal attacks or shenanigans in presidential campaigns any longer.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #147 on: October 03, 2021, 08:02:14 PM »

Statement on Joseph Cao

I am calling on Senator Cao to bow out of this presidential race, endorse me for President, and he will be VP slot on the ticket. There is no chance I withdraw with the future trajectory of our nation at stake. We cannot afford a contested primary race in the face of these crises at home and abroad, as well as a united Labor front. If Senator Cao places nation above party, he'd have joined the Spark ticket the first time he was nominated. I have great faith in Mr. Cao, but he needs to do the right thing and unite with my campaign to defeat our true opponent.

Labor continues to stand in the way of confronting our most vital challenges, and time will be of the essence to rid the nation of their failed policies that led to this stagnation and inactivity that has long stifled this nation.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #148 on: October 03, 2021, 08:47:52 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2021, 06:00:26 PM by Senator Spark »

Future presidential runs

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Hello again, I know that you all must be curious about my future in this game but I can say that I plan to retire after one term if elected President this fall. Unless called to serve again by the Atlasian people, that will be my final time serving in office. My motivation for this simple, with your confidence, our work together will be steadfast and expeditious. I will not require more than one term to get the job done and it will be sure that those weary of a Federalist President can confide in me.

When the nation calls, I am ready to serve. If I somehow do not prevail this fall, expect me to mount another campaign in February 2022.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #149 on: October 03, 2021, 08:48:32 PM »

yo what.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies