Is fascism far-right? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:30:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is fascism far-right? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 81

Author Topic: Is fascism far-right?  (Read 3462 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: July 02, 2021, 09:12:45 PM »

I didn't read the thread but yes, of course it is, you tiresome hacks.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 04:43:51 PM »
« Edited: December 20, 2021, 07:05:13 PM by Butlerian Jihad »

I think part of what makes people so intractable on this question is a conflation of the terms "conservative" and "right-wing" that simply isn't always the case. "Conservative", as this otherwise unrelated FC thread discusses, just has to do with supporting some (real or putative) element of the current or accepted or traditional way of doing things against efforts to change it. I identify as a "conservative" with respect to things like the tradition of local participatory democracy in the small-town Northeast, but also with respect to basic social solidarity principles that used to be taken for granted before the me-generation revolution of the late 70s and 80s. "Right-wing", on the other hand, is a term with much more aggressive ideological content having to do with a support for reifying and expanding certain types of social and economic hierarchies. Looking at it this way, fascism is clearly right-wing despite not being particularly conservative (although even this taxonomy runs into edge-case regimes that had both fascist and ultraconservative tendencies within them, such as Franco's Spain or ultranationalist Japan).

Are you going to elaborate?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies