Is fascism far-right? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:18:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is fascism far-right? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 81

Author Topic: Is fascism far-right?  (Read 3451 times)
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« on: June 29, 2021, 01:18:23 PM »

That's not how the political spectrum works. For one, plenty of political features don't belong on any sensible left-right spectrum (authoritarianism? electoral laws? judicial system?) which makes it obvious that there is no reason why a far-right government and a far-left government cannot have things in common.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 10:04:52 AM »

In any case, fascism was reaction made modern; an ideology for the age of nationalism, parties, mass politics, and industrial warfare.

Just yesterday I was thinking for entirely unrelated reasons about how fascism is reaction appropriating modern, contemporary or even futuristic aesthetics and means [and therefore a very tacky form of reaction]. I mean, the artistic movement literally known as Futurism was - perhaps unfortunately - seminal to the development of Fascism.*

*Russian Futurists went in a rather opposite direction - although our horseshoe theorists would say there is no difference - but of course I am talking about the original Italian movements here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies