SB 30-23: KANYE Act (Awaiting Sponsor) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:33:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 30-23: KANYE Act (Awaiting Sponsor) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 30-23: KANYE Act (Awaiting Sponsor)  (Read 2370 times)
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« on: July 11, 2021, 12:10:35 AM »

2(a) seems as if it basically guarantees some level of monetary child support aside from the obvious incentive of $$. Don't we have plenty of legislation on the books that covers that already?
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 01:23:52 AM »

Good amendment, but what if both parents are facing charges? That might need to be spelled out given the current language seems to imply that they get to keep the full $2,500 in that situation.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 12:20:23 AM »

It recently occurred to me that I wrote legislation very similar to this. Only there would be a $1,000 monthly payment for middle and lower-class parents with children under the age of 18. I think we should seriously consider expanding the UBI program we had for COVID, which was by most accounts successful (as we kept extending it). I know that even Labor is divided on UBI. But I think that a slow transition will keep our economy sustainable.

At the very least, I would like to see a GM report on how effective the pilot UBI program was during the pandemic. If it did what it was intended to do, in keeping our people housed, fed, and secure at the height of COVID, I think that segueing to a permanent program is absolutely worth considering.

IIRC, that was one of the points that came up when Congress was hammering out the COVID omnibus bill. Definitely agree that we should get some feedback on how that particular program has done, since the bill was pared back because we very justifiably agreed to wait for broader feedback on its efficacy that has yet to be tackled by the GM's office with COVID almost in the rearview mirror.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2021, 12:25:01 AM »

Presuming the UBI helped people through COVID, why not just segue into a full UBI starting with families under a certain income level?

Belatedly responding to this but as I mentioned earlier, previous congressional debate on the pilot UBI revolved around how workable/efficient/helpful/widely adopted it would be. Although the "pilot" part has just about run its course with our COVID response in-game, the jury still appears to be out on that. It's not anyone's fault — the ideal time to do an assessment of the pilot UBI's effects would be around now — but that "presumably" is doing a lot of work.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2021, 02:24:35 PM »

Aye.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies